Weird question regarding my bouquet

emyandpotato

Reaction score
Would it be total madness to carry a beautiful encased candle or antique oil lamp instead of a bouquet? I am having trouble really loving any bouquet designs and I kind of like the idea of my face being all lit up by candle light as I walk down the aisle, plus it'll be dusk so nice lighting for it. I dunno if it's too weird though?!?!

You can do whatever you want! It's your wedding. :) I think that would be beautiful.

Wouldn't be weird at all :) infact what what I know of you, I would say that would be very 'you'. xx

TBH i would think "what on earth is she doing" if i was a guest.

You dont have to carry anything, flowers are only tradition from when people only had a bath once a year so carried flowers to hide how much they stunk!

I'd find it a bit "different", but it's not as if your day is a traditional one in any way so it would deffo be in keeping.

As PP said, it's your day so you do whatever you want. In some cultures its tradition to carry things other than flowers, or to not carry anything at all, so there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Go for it

I think it would be very fitting with how your day sounds!

If I went to your average traditional wedding then I would properly look twice but your day is far from traditional :)

TBH i would think "what on earth is she doing" if i was a guest.

Hmm yeah this is my fear, especially as it'll be the first time everyone sees me. I guess I could just get some nice photos of it beforehand and have some form of bouquet, though I really don't know what!

Instead of a bouqute how about a single flower or a small handtied bunch of flowers you like?

What are your colors, and what types of flowers do you like?

Have you gone to a florist shop and just played around with different flower combinations?

We don't have a wedding colour and we're mostly using dried yellow roses as decor flowers, though not many of them. I have tried playing around I just can't seem to find anything I like. I'm addicted to Pinterest too and must have seen about a thousand bouquets on there but nothing I love.

I think it would be lovely tbh!

I pictured a candle surrounded by a few flowers, something like this.

Have I just completely gone off the mark with this? :haha:

Attachments

• table-arrangements-with-candles-and-flowers.jpg
    table-arrangements-with-candles-and-flowers.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 2
Oh and this!

https://glamourandgraceweddings.blogspot.co.uk/2010/12/steal-worthy-idea.html

I was thinking either just an oil lamp alone, or something akin to this I guess, not really sure! This looks weird though so I'll either do a bouquet or just have an oil lamp by itself. https://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee367/tomcantgetitup/DSC04266_zpsd752eeb2.jpg

https://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee367/tomcantgetitup/DSC04267_zps0f51bc88.jpg

That might look nice with some vines wrapped around it or something, I do love the idea though, the pictures would be beautiful.

I was picking my mothers day flowers today and saw a bunch of babts breath i think its called and its something i could see you having.

https://www.bellethemagazine.com/2011/08/wedding-trends-babys-breath.html

They also had some dried which had gone a kinda of yellow colour.

I'm not going to lie - the lantern could end up looking a bit Florence Nightingale. Surely you could make something from dried flowers? Dried lavender would probably work quite well?

My bridesmaids are having gypsophilia (baby's breath) bouquets. I love them. Not sure how it's fit in with the rest of your theme though unless you had it around elsewhere :shrug: and it's cheap!!

My bridesmaids are having gypsophilia (baby's breath) bouquets. I love them. Not sure how it's fit in with the rest of your theme though unless you had it around elsewhere :shrug: and it's cheap!!

Great minds :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"