Weird Question

Frodi

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm pretty new to all this and I have a few TTC buddies are helping me out, But I have a weird question.
I am currently am 12DPO and 8 days past AF and I was just wondering if swelling in the pouch/pad thing (not sure what it is called) is normal. I noticed today while I was getting dressed that it looked larger then normal.
I've had burning sensations in my nipples and faint pains. I've also had mild cramping and what I believe as spotting. I did take a test Monday morning, but it wasn't the "morning" pee and I had to get up 4 hours before that to pee. I could just be over thinking it all even though I'm trying my hardest to put it at the back of my head.
Just wondering what all you ladies might have to say?

Could you clarify what you mean by 12DPO & 8 days past AF? You mean you're 8 days late but you're also 12DPO? Sorry, just kinda confused!

Could you clarify what you mean by 12DPO & 8 days past AF? You mean you're 8 days late but you're also 12DPO? Sorry, just kinda confused!

oh sorry, yeah I am 12 days past my last ovulation and I am now 8 days past when my period was due. My next ovulation is suppose to be on monday

I'd try another test with FMU, if negative and still no AF ask your GP for a blood test :)
Good luck.

So if you are 12 dpo and were supposed to have your period 8 days ago, that would give you a 4 day luteal phase. Is that normal for you? How long are your cycles normally?

I'd try another test with FMU, if negative and still no AF ask your GP for a blood test :)
Good luck.

Thanks, I was thinking I would test again in a week, just in case.
Also I just saw your signature and I am also an Aimee, just spelt a little different then yours!

So if you are 12 dpo and were supposed to have your period 8 days ago, that would give you a 4 day luteal phase. Is that normal for you? How long are your cycles normally?

its all very confusing to me, I have just stopped taking birth control about 2 months ago. I missed Feb and March and then I got one in April and it lasted 7 days which is unusual for me as they normally last 4 days.
I knew I ovulated because I had the egg white CM that everyone talks about 12 days ago and I'm just basing my period to be due around the same time as when it came last month. But I had clear cm as well the week before but it was just clear

sorry, I tried to post a pic but I cant seem to get it to work

I think there is some confusion here. The average person has 14 days between O and AF. EWCM doesn't guarantee that you Oed. It's best to have multiple sources of data to confirm your O.

If you did O on the day that you think you did and were to get AF when you were expecting, that would leave you with a 4 day LP. Typically an egg can not implant in the first 4 days after O. If this were your cycle, there would be a problem. However, I don't believe that this is the case.

I recommend using OPKs and BBT. OPKs will identify that your body is prepared to O in 24-36 hours. BBT will confirm that you did O in the past couple days once you receive 3 (or 4, I forget) temps above your cover line.

Check out my link in my chart below. Not sure if you are using Fertility Friend but it's a great way to chart your cycle. They also have a book called Charting Your Way to Conception under the Book & Tutorials link on the left. It's a great book and should give you lots of info on your cycle.

I hope this helps.

Thanks TTC First, I am just confused in general about everything. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed and that I don't know where to even start even though I have been looking into this for months.
I did just come off the pill and I have read that when that happens that sometimes you can ovulate twice. But I'm not sure. there were some weird things going on with my body the last few months before I stopped taking the pill.
I think it's more a of a trying but not preventing thing right now I don't want to stress myself out too much since it's my first and I already feel overwhelmed

What your saying is impossible. If your 12dpo you will get a period in 2 days, unless you have luteal phase defect. It is impossible to get pregnant with a luteal phase of under 10 days

I'm just going by what I have gathered from talking with other people.
Like I said I am just getting off the pill and I haven't had a regular cycle since Decemeber and that was while I was still on the pill, Af came early in Jan, then didn't show up at all in Feb and March and then come in April. I don't know what exactly my cycle is anymore bc AF isn't showing up at all as of right now. and there are no signs of it.
so I may have my numbers wrong but i can for sure tell you there is something going on

I'm sure things will become much clearer if you temp and use OPKs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->