weird question

klouise1993

Reaction score
My oh brought me breakfast in bed today as I've been craving a full English lol anyway I've been told to not eat egg or egg yolks but it looked so nice I had to lol is it safe to have one every now and then? Lol told you it was weird 😁 xx

Well I always ate eats when pregnant both times as I love them.

I think the generally rule is they are not suppose to be runny as the egg may not be cooked properly and you can get food poisoning or something else, cant think of it now!! So enjoy xx

I eat loads of eggs, I like my yoke runny :thumbup: Ive eaten them though all my pregnancies this way. In the UK our chickens are vaccinated against salmonella so totally safe. If you buy from a farm do question whether they vaccinate though, and if not cook the yokes through x

I love eggs, but hate the yolk runny. Questioned it with midwife the other week, as even though this is my 4th baby... It's hard to remember the dos and donts lol.

Runny yolks are a no go, just because it's not cooked and you don't want to end up with food poisoning as this will irritate your bowels and potentialy your uterus, therefore miscarriage can occur... Of course this is only on the basis of you getting food poison...

Same goes for red meat like raw steak, liver etc... Make sure they are very well done :)

I've eaten them. The issue with runny eggs is the very minuscule chance of getting listeria or salmonella. I've eaten runny eggs for 35 years and have had neither - so for me it's a minuscule risk that I am fine with. I'd say the choice is yours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->