Weird Spotting 5 dpo, help!!

Milliezed

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have a problem and I hope someone can help me. We're not actively TTC (not temping/charting my cycle) but we're not preventing either. We just figured when it happens it happens. My cycle has always been 28 days and AF lasts 6 days, never had spotting or a delay in my life.
This month we were on holiday and had intercourse everyday from day 10 to day 18 of my cycle (yeah we went a bit crazy but we were enjoying our holiday to the fullest :shhh:), so I think there might be a chance that we hit ovulation day (not sure though, since I don't know exactly when I ovulate).
I use a period tracker app where I put symptoms like cervical mucus etc and it says I likely ovulated on July 25th (14th day of cycle). Yesterday July 30th I woke up and felt really wet down there, and upon wiping I saw some pinkish residue on the loo roll. I had also mild period-like cramps. At first I thought it might be implantation bleeding, but it was only 5 dpo (at least that's what the app says) and it's way too early to be it. during the day it became heavier and more like reddish brown, and I started feeling like AF was about to start (cramps, dizziness, super emotional, sore nipples etc).
Today it's gone back to a pinkish/light brown color, but the weird thing is that the "blood" doesn't exit the vagina. I mean, I see just a little when I wipe but if I insert my finger it comes out all red and bloody (sorry TMI :wacko:). I think it's way to much and too early to be implantation bleeding, but at the same time I don't know what to think :shrug:.
Do you have any idea what it might be?
I had a routine check back in February and they didn't find any problems.
Thanks, and sending hugs to anyone in these dreaded 14 days :hugs:

Not sure if it applies to you but several years ago (long before marriage and trying for our 2 babies) I had some spotting at around ovulation. Could you possibly be ovulating now rather than 5 days ago?

My last pregnancy, I had what I believe to be implantation bleeding at 5dpo. I only saw it when I wiped. I was temp charting, and the bleeding coincided with my temps (I had a implantation dip). I never bled like that again during my pregnancy, and got my BFP 11 days later at 16dpo (1 day after my period was due). My OB told me that sometimes, though it's definitely not common, women really can have implants that early. 6-12 days is the average. Some of us are weirdos. ;) So, it certainly could be!

That being said though, sometimes traveling and holiday plans can mess with your cycle. It's possible that you are just now ovulating. Without tracking temps or using opks, it's difficult to know for sure. I've got my FX for you! I hope that BFP is on its way!!

Hi, I wanted to update you all! I am excited, but also scared!:wacko:
So the bleeding that started on July 30th went on until yesterday August 1st. It had a weird pattern: at first pink, then brown, then bright red, then brown again. I classified it as a period, because it lasted 3 days and was "too heavy" to be implantation (even though it rarely got outside the vag, I mean it didn't always stain a pad). And so I went on with my life.
Tonight I had the weirdest of dreams: I had breasts as large as balloons, and when my boyfriend asked me what was up with them, I said "I have two babies inside of them, don't you see?"
I woke up feeling somewhat scared, but decided to test just to be sure, even though it's now only 8dpo. :test:
And there it was, the faintest second line, but it was there!! :bfp: sent the picture to my doctor and she confirmed she sees a line too! :happydance:
Now my guess is: either I was pregnant since last month and this was sort of a breakthrough period (it is so weird to get a positive at only 8dpo) or I ovulated much earlier than the app predicted.
I'm going to my ob/gyn tomorrow because I'm still worried about that consistent spotting, but I hope it's a sticky egg!!
I'll update you all :happydance:

Hi, I wanted to update you all! I am excited, but also scared!:wacko:
So the bleeding that started on July 30th went on until yesterday August 1st. It had a weird pattern: at first pink, then brown, then bright red, then brown again. I classified it as a period, because it lasted 3 days and was "too heavy" to be implantation (even though it rarely got outside the vag, I mean it didn't always stain a pad). And so I went on with my life.
Tonight I had the weirdest of dreams: I had breasts as large as balloons, and when my boyfriend asked me what was up with them, I said "I have two babies inside of them, don't you see?"
I woke up feeling somewhat scared, but decided to test just to be sure, even though it's now only 8dpo. :test:
And there it was, the faintest second line, but it was there!! :bfp: sent the picture to my doctor and she confirmed she sees a line too! :happydance:
Now my guess is: either I was pregnant since last month and this was sort of a breakthrough period (it is so weird to get a positive at only 8dpo) or I ovulated much earlier than the app predicted.
I'm going to my ob/gyn tomorrow because I'm still worried about that consistent spotting, but I hope it's a sticky egg!!
I'll update you all :happydance:

Oh my goodness!!!!! I am so excited for you!!!!! :happydance: :hugs: Congratulations! It's not rare to get one at 8dpo, but it does tend to lean more towards uncommon. My guess it that you probably did ovulate earlier. Could you upload the picture of the test??

Sorry I've been taking some time off and haven't replied to you all, but I needed some alone time.
So my last update was August 2nd. I went to my doctor the following morning and she prescribed blood tests. Since where I live they only draw blood in the mornings, I had my blood taken August 4th.
But then, on Aug 5th the bleeding started again, and this time it was heavier, more period-like. I also had a lot of cramps, just like any other period. I took another test and it was positive, so I thought nothing of it. But then the bleeding continued until Aug 6th. I didn't know if I needed to consider it a period because it was heavy but only lasted 2 days.
Took another test Aug 8th, BFP but a bit fainter.
I already knew what was going on, but kept hoping.
The same afternoon the results from the bloodwork came in.
HCG was at 57, but progesterone was really low. So they told me to just wait it out and that it might have been a CP.
The tests became lighter and lighter, until fading into nothingness.

So yeah, maybe next month I won't test this early to avoid getting this bad news.

If there's one positive thing about this is that my OH realized how much he was disappointed and now he decided we're actively TTC, instead of simply not preventing.

I will update you, sorry for being late but yeah it was kinda hard. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, they say. Baby dust to you all :hugs:

I also wanted to add that since we're actively TTC this month I bought an OPK from amazon (the cheap strips kind), and I've been testing since CD 8 and got a positive OPK today at CD 13. So yeah at least this CP didn't really mess with my cycle. I was actually really surprised that I even ovulated this month, but I am pretty sure the OPKs are right since I also have pain on one side and EWCM.
We did BD yesterday and today, and will tomorrow too just in case.
So you'll probably see me in the next TWW thread!

I am so sorry for your loss. I completely understand needing time away. :hugs: I have my fx for you that this next cycle brings you your rainbow baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->