Weird things happening. Super confused!

PJS1982

Reaction score
This is my first month temping but my second month using OPKs. According to FF I "should" ovulate CD17,18 or 19. Which makes sense to me since I average out at 31 day cycles (even though they're all over the place between 29-36 days). Last month, just using OPKs and CP/CM it put me CD 16 for ovulation, which would be right at a LP of 14 days since AF started exactly when FF said it should.

Anyway! I've had all neg opks. So negative that the test line is almost invisible. I've been testing since the day AF stopped and that was 7 days ago. So today, I've had a lot of EWCM streaked pinkish brownish. (Is that mauve? lol) still negative OPK 3x today. SMU, Afternoon and just now, 6 pm.

My temp had been flatlining at 97.7 for days, I missed a day (kids have colds so up and down all night long, no 3 hour straight stretch) and next day temp was back at 97.7. (I checked my therm, nexcare bbt pink therm, and it takes different temps at different times a day so it's not broken.) Following day, went up to 97.8 and then skipped the following day for the same reason as before. THEN! Back to 97.7 and then yesterday, Monday I went down to 97.3 and then today jumped to 97.5.

So it was like this:
- 98.0, 97.7, 97.7, 97.7, skipped, 97.8, skipped, 97.7, 97.3, 97.5 -

I know this is probably a really ignorant newbie question, but is it actually possible to have EWCM and not be ovulating? I'm curious about the dip in my temp too. This is my first month doing this so I have no idea what my normal pattern would look like. This is so confusing!! :dohh:

This happened to me often and I was actually ovulating much later than I thought. I'm not sure if that's the case for you ( I'd still love to see your actual chart-easier than making a mental graph lol) but it could be the case with you...at least this month. I would gear up to ovulate a few times but sometimes it wouldn't happen until 3-4 weeks into my cycle and to make it worse I found out my luteal phase was short!

Cycles seem to get funky while ttc in my humble opinion. If it continues to be quirky any fertility supplement containing chaste berry is extremely helpful...again my humble opinion. Can we see your chart?

This happened to me often and I was actually ovulating much later than I thought. I'm not sure if that's the case for you ( I'd still love to see your actual chart-easier than making a mental graph lol) but it could be the case with you...at least this month. I would gear up to ovulate a few times but sometimes it wouldn't happen until 3-4 weeks into my cycle and to make it worse I found out my luteal phase was short!

Cycles seem to get funky while ttc in my humble opinion. If it continues to be quirky any fertility supplement containing chaste berry is extremely helpful...again my humble opinion. Can we see your chart?

Thank you! Sure! I have started chasteberry on CD1 and Royal Jelly 1000 mg with bee pollen. I will try to link it and hopefully it works.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/ttc/index.php

Thank you! Sure! I have started chasteberry on CD1 and Royal Jelly 1000 mg with bee pollen. I will try to link it and hopefully it works.

Your link isn't working Hun...on ff it's the 3rd or 4th link type they offer when you select share I believe (been a while lol)

Glad you are using chaste berry it was a miracle worker for me. I got ovulation spotting the first month I used it on cd 14 vs 3-4 weeks into my cycle. Wonderful stuff !

Your link isn't working Hun...on ff it's the 3rd or 4th link type they offer when you select share I believe (been a while lol)

Glad you are using chaste berry it was a miracle worker for me. I got ovulation spotting the first month I used it on cd 14 vs 3-4 weeks into my cycle. Wonderful stuff !

I honestly hope I'm not ovulating just yet! My husband travels through the week and is only home on weekends with a random day home during the week. This TTC business is tough!

Is this link correct?

My Ovulation Chart

Now that I can see a pretty chart I'd say no ov just yet! Fluctuations are normal as well as dips so don't pay to much attention to that. The fact that your opks are still negative too reinforces this theory. If you look at your temps during af they are much higher than your current temp so I don't think you've crossed your cover line temp yet. 3 sustained temps above cover line is the best way to show ov. You don't have previous months to work off of yet but cover lines usually don't fluctuate too much.

I'd say your right on track but chaste berry could bring ov on a bit sooner so be aware! Good luck with that bfp and baby dust to you!

Now that I can see a pretty chart I'd say no ov just yet! Fluctuations are normal as well as dips so don't pay to much attention to that. The fact that your opks are still negative too reinforces this theory. If you look at your temps during af they are much higher than your current temp so I don't think you've crossed your cover line temp yet. 3 sustained temps above cover line is the best way to show ov. You don't have previous months to work off of yet but cover lines usually don't fluctuate too much.

I'd say your right on track but chaste berry could bring ov on a bit sooner so be aware! Good luck with that bfp and baby dust to you!

Thank you so much!! How do I know what my cover line is?

Thank you so much!! How do I know what my cover line is?

Sorry for the late reply! Coverline bbt is usually drawn just above the last high temp before you ovulate. It is the horizontal line that crosses the vertical line on your determined ovulation day (sorry if that explanation makes no sense lol). Your AF temps are usually higher than your pre-O temps but not always as high as your post-o temps. So when I saw your trending bbt's (at least a few days ago) it looked like you hadn't risen above you af bbt which is usually close to your previous coverline temp. This isn't 100% but it's safe to say if your bbt isn't above your af temps then you haven't ovulated! Hope that helps and your chart looks like you may be ovulating now or this weekend! Have fun chica! lol

Sometimes I get ewcm days before a positive opk. If you just started chaste berry and royal jelly things may look a bit different for you this month as your body adjusts! I agree with above post that everything looks normal for pre O!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->