Welcome little Miss Hannah Marie

four

Reaction score
Sorry this will probably end up pic heavy and long. :blush:

It was a very short and wonderful birth. I will include the backstory. :)

Thursday May 26th

Went to my 38 wk OB appointment that morning. I had been up the whole night with contractions. Nothing that you needed to time, but they hurt enought that they would wake me up evertime. I was having anywhere from 2-5 per hour. By the time I made it to my appointment they had completly stopped.

I discussed this with my OB, and also the fact that I didn't think I would make it through the long weekend. My OB was going out of town Saturday afternoon and would be back until late Monday. :cry: I asked if she could do a sweep. After checking me, I was dilated to a 2 and still long. She did the sweep, which didn't hurt at all, and I went on my way.

I went to work, and carried on with my day. The sweep didn't seem to do anything. However, later that night I started to lose plug. Towards bedtime I started to pass what I thought looked like bloody show.

Friday May 27th

Went to work like any other day, and continued to lose plug. This also included bits with blood.

By the end of the day people were taking bets that I wasn't going to be back come Tuesday. I ofcourse still felt that I had a while to go. There was a gathering after work for a gal that was leaving. My hubby took me home (we work together) and headed to the party. Afterwards everyone came to our house for a few hours. It was a good time, and when I would have the baby was the topic for the night.

Saturday May 28th
Everyone slowly left, and our last guest left about12:15am. We picked up, and went out the the backporch to unwind before bed. At around 12:30, I thought I felt a trickle. Now, I wasn't sure if I had possibly wet myself or if it was my waters. So, I went and changed to a bigger pad. Within 10 minutes I had a larger gush that filled the pad. I went to the bathroom and sat on the toilet and let it drain. lol About this time the contractions started.

I texted my Mom to give her a heads up around 1:00am. We then called her an hour later to come over as things had picked up quick. Hubby and Mom fell asleep in the living room, and I paced. The contractions were anywhere from 3-5 minutes apart. Around 4:30am I decided to wake Hubby and head to the hospital. By the time we got there, and they determined that my waters were ruptured, I was checked and at a 4.

I requested my epidural as I know once I am able to relax things go quick. They had to give me a bag of fluid before the epi, so that was started. I continued to labor, and got my epi around 7am. After that my OB, who was still in town at that point, came and checked me. I was still at a 4. I was left to try and get some rest, yeah right I was so excited that wasn't going to happen. The nurse came in at 9 and checked me, I was a 5 and could stretch to a 6. My father showed up and we chatted while my hubby slept on the sofa. About 9:45 the nurse popped and to see if I could feel any pressure. Yes, I could but couldn't tell how much. My Dad and hubby were going to walk downstairs to get something to drink. I joked with my hubby to not go far because with other births the minute he leaves the room, i am ready to push.

The nurse checks me and the look on her face was priceless. She tells me that my baby is right there, and please don't cough, sneeze or laugh or we will have a baby. :happydance: They call my OB, who was already on her way. The heart tracing had disappeared off the screen and she knew I was close. Then Hannah moved completely into the birth canal, it wasn't able to pick up her heart rate at all. I had called my hubby who hadn't even made it to get his drink. When he walked into the room, we were ready to push. He later told me that he could see her head as soon as he entered the room. It took two pushes and she was born. She was placed on my chest and it was love all over again. Plus, my OB was there to deliver her. After hugs and I told her she could now go out of town now.

Hannah Marie came into the work on May 28th at 9:56am. Just over 9 hours of labor. She was 7lb. 6oz and 20 1/2" long.

https://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b220/fouradss/photo1.jpg
https://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b220/fouradss/photob.jpg
https://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b220/fouradss/photoe.jpg
https://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b220/fouradss/photof.jpg

Wow..... sorry those pictures are so big! Any idea how to make them smaller?

Figured it out!

Congratulations! She is gorgeous! xx

aww congrats shes gorgeous, look at all her hair.xx

Aww what a cutey :) congratulations x

well done and huge congrats

aww cute pics she has a lovely face really beautiful congrats xxx

Congratulations I hope my birth is like that!! :thumbup: So cute too.

Ah a lovely story, Congratulations she is beautiful, hope you are recovering!

Thanks everyone! She is such a wonderful baby. :)

She's precious with a wonderful head of hair! Congrats to you and your family hun :flower: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->