Welcome to Pregnancy Over 35

A big Hello from England!

I am 37 (going on 38 very soon). Last month, while visiting friends with the cutest grandchild, my husband and I got a twinkle in our eyes :xmas17:

We were happy to try and whatever happened, happened. Given my age, I didn't expect too much.

First attempt and I am pregnant with #1! It all seems a bit surreal and strangely exciting!

I am in my 5th week, the due date is September 8th. Not many symptoms yet: Just light period pain, occasional tiredness and thirsty, peeing a little too often:blush:

I read a lot of info in the last 2 weeks and its hard not to worry a little. It seems all I can really do is to continue living a healthy lifestyle and the rest isn't really up to me. So I have decided not to worry too much, and trust that mother nature knows best ;-)

thats a good one spikey :thumbup: im ruffly 5weeks as well but i cant get into see a doctor till 1st week of feb as the doctors over here wouldnt want to work to hard and only take on new people now and then so stupid the health system in canada

Hey Freckles!
Not a great deal better over here in the U.K., as our health care system is under severe budget cuts. I've just been casually advised by the NHS not to expect to be seen before 10-12 weeks, as the odds of miscarriage during the 1st trimester are high, and I guess they don't want to waste their time?!

Thankfully, my GP is pretty nice. I want to see her anyway, with regards to anti-depressants that I take and would like to slowly stop taking. Don't think it's the best thing for the pregnancy, and it's that time anyway ;)

Hi, I am a new member.

I am expecting baby number 4 after a very big gap!

Am swinging between excitement and terror at the moment.

Nice to have found a place I can probably talk about all the stuff that didn't even feature on my radar first time around in my late teens and 20s!

Big congrats on your bfp. I am also roughly 5 weeks on first pregnancy due around 19 sept.
We also decided to give it TTC a whirl after spending some time with my neice and nephew on holidays... Took 5 months but thought it would take longer if it ever happened... I am 41.

I am now also trying to come off an antidepressant now I'm pregnant. I'm on a low dose as it's for nerve pain relief (I have chronic pain condition). Starting to feel a slight increases in pain but hopefully I'll be able to tolerate it... Although I might just be looking for symptoms now that I'm reducing the dose.

Did ur gp give you any kind of time frame to come off them... I didn't get much guidance from mine on how fast I should try to come off? Don't want to get withdrawal symptoms but also if I'm going to come off them I want to be off them for as much as the first trimester as possible.

Again big congrats

im mummy to 9 kids pregnant with #10 and ill be 36 next month dont feel so old now you started this thread i think its great :)

Big congrats on your bfp. I am also roughly 5 weeks on first pregnancy due around 19 sept.
We also decided to give it TTC a whirl after spending some time with my neice and nephew on holidays... Took 5 months but thought it would take longer if it ever happened... I am 41.

I am now also trying to come off an antidepressant now I'm pregnant. I'm on a low dose as it's for nerve pain relief (I have chronic pain condition). Starting to feel a slight increases in pain but hopefully I'll be able to tolerate it... Although I might just be looking for symptoms now that I'm reducing the dose.

Did ur gp give you any kind of time frame to come off them... I didn't get much guidance from mine on how fast I should try to come off? Don't want to get withdrawal symptoms but also if I'm going to come off them I want to be off them for as much as the first trimester as possible.

Again big congrats

congrats i was on anti-d's after baby #8 for about 3 and a half yrs for PND i was scared to come off them was worried id relapse or the side effects would be bad, my doctor told me that there should not be any side effects if reduced properly, he cut me down over months rather than weeks and sure enough ive been off them since july last yr and i had no side effects apart from wierd dreams for about 2 weeks afterwards an a little insomnia, but i think that was a small price to pay to be medication free, good luck with your pregnancy :happydance:

Hehehe. :happydance:

Hi

I'm 36 and Pregnant with No.4:mrgreen: I'm at 6wks+3 and very excited.

We're in Suffolk, England where it's attempting to get sunny so dog walking has been my main source of exercise. I was a real gym bunny running fiend but after a couple of days staining I'm taking things easy, or rather as easy as I can with a 5yr old and a 3yr old but having an 18yr old as well does make things a bit easier at times. They're all boys and I'm not sure if that trend will change :pink: with the arrival of no.4 but it'll be mighty interesting if it does.

I'm looking forward to sharing my journey with you guys and I wish you all a H&H Pregnancy.

Welcome over. All my family are back home in the UK so I have been hearing all about the unseasonably warm weather.
Congratulations on your BFP. This site doesn't get as much traffic as some of the trimester forums but it is much more laid back and most of us have a wealth of experience to share...
I'm on baby number 3 after a 10 year gap so starting all over again, new country, new baby but same husband....lol
I have a DD 13, DS 10 and very soon another blue bundle. X

Welcome over. All my family are back home in the UK so I have been hearing all about the unseasonably warm weather.
Congratulations on your BFP. This site doesn't get as much traffic as some of the trimester forums but it is much more laid back and most of us have a wealth of experience to share...
I'm on baby number 3 after a 10 year gap so starting all over again, new country, new baby but same husband....lol
I have a DD 13, DS 10 and very soon another blue bundle. X

omg maple leaf not long now for you :happydance:

Wow yeah getting pretty close.

Hope it goes well for you. :-D

Hello Ladies,
I'm 40 and preggers with my #2 baby after a 15 year gap... no morning sickness with my first, but this one has me knocked queasy most of the time. I'm due in January 2013.... any stories or advice for getting over the tummy ickies??
phil.

Hello I'm in the US Age 35 and pregnant with #2. #1 is 21 months old. I chose to wait this long but was quite suprised to be pregnant with the 2nd this soon but still happy.

Philomena, I had very bad ms with my first and what usually helped was to keep something in my stomach at all times. Or to keep some emetrol handy which was some sugary concoction that's made for nausea but safe during pregnancy. Some ladies take to finding a drink with ginger in it or ginger candy. They have some pregnancy pops that can also help. My ms did get so bad I had to go to the doc and get a prescription. hope you feel better soon.

Hello Ladies!
So I hit the 8 week mark and my ms just melted away.... I'm thinking maybe since the placenta starts taking over then, perhaps having the hormones generated from one place instead of three has helped get rid of the ms? here's hoping!
How is everyone else feeling these days??
phil.

Almost to week 14 and the ms is just starting to ease up. The exhaustion seems to be lingering but not as severe and the boobs are still sore BUT I will take it all for a healthy peanut!

Hi Everyone.

My name is Vicki, I’m 34 (35 in October) and from New Zealand.

I'm PCOS sufferer with both polymenorrhea and oligomenorrhea at times. Amenorrhea if my BMI is > 25. No issues with husband's fertility.

Currently pregnant after one round of clomiphene (50mg), which resulted in singleton pregnancy + vanishing twin. Due early December 2012. This is my first baby - gender unconfirmed.

Look forward to get to know you all :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->