Welcome to the World Baby Shower vs Traditional Baby Shower

AfterAbigail

Reaction score
Hello,

I've just popped over here from the 3rd trimester forum for some advice.

My Mum and Mum in law are keen to throw me a baby shower but this is something I am not interested in given that we lost our first born daughter during full term labour.

I am thinking of agreeing to a "Welcome Shower" for once our baby is here as I would feel more comfortable. I know its not traditonal but has anyone ever held or attended a "Welcome Shower" and do you have any suggestions on activities etc?

Thanks!

never had or been to one however, do it like a normal shower, but it is then also a baby meet to everyone in one go, also if you dont tell the weight you could have a game on guessing how much little one weighs, how long ect

I completely agree with your idea!!!

I would do the exact same thing as you... The baby can be there and you have a little less stress on yourself during your pregnancy. <-- most important.

My first child born DD now 5 was concieved just after a late 16 wks loss... Not quite the same scenario as yourself however I had an after the baby born shower as well.
I loved it.. everyone got to see my baby and it was abotu 4-6 weeks after she was born so I was feeling great and was ready to get out with everyone I knew... I felt more like the shower was for her B-day than myself getting presents. : )

We did the same games as a regular shower.

Hope this helps!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->