Welcome to the world Brannon Findlay Owen

poppy

Mum of Three
Reaction score
Hi all!

I just thought I would update with my birth story. I was a bit nervous about giving birth this time after a long labour with my son Tristan which ended in me having to have my waters broken, epidural, forceps delivery, a near third degree tear and a manual placenta removal in theatre afterwards. So, I was really hoping for a more natural birth this time.

And I am pleased to say I got it!

I had been having twinges for few days and assumed they were just a clogged up bowel! On Friday the 21st of January, five days before my due date, I started getting stronger twinges on and off all day but was not sure if it was the start of something or not. By three o'clock I was getting irregular contractions but they were not too strong - I even said to my husband he could go off to the pub after work for a drink. By four o'clock they were getting stronger and my waters broke. My mum and dad were round, so they helped me look after my two year old. My hubbie got back at 5 o'clock and I decided to go for a bath as my contractions were getting regular and strong - about three/four in ten minutes lasting around 30 seconds each.

By 7 o'clock, I decided to go into the hospital. By the time they had assigned me a room and a midwife, it was around quarter to 8. They were really busy. She gave me an internal examination around quarter to 9 after I asked for some gas and air - she said I was 4 to 5 cm and that the contractions were really strong (eh yeah!) and close together but not lasting that long. Soon after this my contractions started coming back to back (like they were double peaking) and I thought, surely I am dilating quickly as this felt like it did when I was 7cm with my son. A new midwife took over at half nine. I decided to go to the toilet and felt like I needed to poo (TMI!) but stronger - I thought, surely not pushing yet - I was only 5cm less than an hour ago! I told the midwife who asked me to take my trousers and knickers off so she could have a look. She was surprised and said, 'I see your baby's head, you should get on the bed!' My hubbie was totally surprised as he was prepared for a long haul! Brannon was pushed out in 14 minutes in about four pushes in total and was born at 10.12pm Actually, I didn't find the pushing bit as bad as the contractions - it did sting but it was manageable pain. I had a small tear (barely a second degree - it had gone along the old tear) but that was it. The placenta came out on its own and complete - I was so relieved.:happydance:

Brannon Findlay Owen weighed 7 pounds and 12 ounces - 2 pounds lighter than his big brother.

So, I am so pleased that I got the birth I wanted - all on gas and air! So girls, for those of you who have had a difficult first birth and are worried about subsequent births, I hope this reassures you that births can be so different second time round and not to be afraid.

Here are some pictures of my lovely baby and some of us as a family! His big brother Tristan is delighted with him.:cloud9:

Attachments

• 008 [640x480].jpg
    008 [640x480].jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 42
  • 019 [640x480].jpg
    019 [640x480].jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 021 [640x480].jpg
    021 [640x480].jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 40
  • 038 [640x480].jpg
    038 [640x480].jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 32
aw hes gorgeous poppy congratulations sweetie!!xx

Well done Poppy, he's gorgeous!

Glad you had a much easier birth this time - im hoping I can too! x

congrats hun u look great saying u had only just given birth lol hes beautiful x

Beautiful pictures :hugs: Congratulations and well done!

what a wonderful birth story! huge congrats and thanks for sharing!

Congratulations! Love the first pic, you look positively glowing :)

well done Poppy!! he is just beautiful! huge congratulations to you and your family :cloud9:

I was just thinking about you Poppy and thought I'd check the announcements and here you are! Congratulations on the birth of your gorgeous boy and on your fabulous natural delivery! Well done!!!!

congratulations from the three of us when my eldest (5) saw the pictures and said he wants to swap him for my LO lol

Just wanted to add you all look so well and happy in the pics!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->