Well, I *thought* it was AF, but....(warning, loads of TMI) but I need help!

K

katiemae7031

First off, a little background:
-I have pcos
-Last AF was April (7 months ago)
-On average, I will have 2 periods a year, sometimes 3
-I am 24 years old, otherwise healthy, and have an 18 month old son

First thing this morning, I felt "off." The kind of feeling I only get twice a year. I had this kinda crampy/tight feeling and my bb's were throbbing...It came outta the blue (woke up feeling like this) and I just *knew* AF was finally gonna show today..I was quite relieved by this because it had been so long..sure enough, 2 hours later while I was at work I felt a gush. Now, usually since I go so long in between periods, when I finally do come on, it is RIDICULOUSLY heavy. To the point where I'm passing clots the size of golf balls for 2 days, and then bleeding heavily for 2 weeks after. So I was imagining the worst when I felt this gush. I was quite surprised when I went to the loo and see just super watery pinkish/brownish/reddish on the pad. It was so watery to the point that I had thought that I had wet myself! So I put a tampon in so I could resume my day without feeling like that again until I got home from work. I got home at 3 o'clock, check my tampon, and it only is about half-way covered in this same pink/brown blood. So I went ahead and put another one on. Checked again a little while ago (3 hours later), and ALMOST NOTHING. What the heck is going on? Can your body "change it's mind" about trying to start your period? I still feel *slightly* crampy, and the bb pain has disappeared...I just don't understand why I'm not hemmoraging (lol, but seriously it's THAT heavy) since it's been so dang long since my last period...can hormones cause you to have only "half" of a period? (Or in my case, not even a half really; more like 1% of a period lol)

Could be implantation spotting. Sounds spot on!

Yeah, but I feel EXACTLY like my period is coming though :/ absolutely NO pregnancy symptoms whatsoever. Just this achy crampy type feeling. And I tested 2 days ago too---bfn :(

Sounds promising! Maybe just tested too early!? but I know that crampy, achy AF feeling and it sucks :/ best of luck <3 Did you get pregnant with your son with irregular periods?

Sounds promising! Maybe just tested too early!? but I know that crampy, achy AF feeling and it sucks :/ best of luck <3 Did you get pregnant with your son with irregular periods?

Yes I sure did! It had been about 5 months since my last period when I found out I was pregnant with my son and I was only 4 weeks along <3 this is precisely the reason that I randomly test once or twice a month :) I never know if I miss my period due to pcos, or if I may have conceived.

Just wait it out implantation spotting.....comes with cramps.....remember many women confuse it with their period for that reason the ..... Symptoms are the same except for the quanity and color of blood.

Yes I sure did! It had been about 5 months since my last period when I found out I was pregnant with my son and I was only 4 weeks along <3 this is precisely the reason that I randomly test once or twice a month :) I never know if I miss my period due to pcos, or if I may have conceived.

I ask b/c your story gives me hope :dance: I had an IUD for 7 years with no AF, had it taken out Oct 29th; 3 weeks ago with no signs or symptoms. DH & I are currently NTNP, trying not to stress but I feel I have the odds against me :/

Oh hun, don't worry...it'll happen. I used to worry about it too. I was actually diagnosed with pcos in June of 2011. My doc told me that I had a 1% chance of conceiving on my own. I was absolutely devastated. Well, 5 months later, on November 20th, I found out I was pregnant! It just goes to show you that doctors don't know everything. When the time is right for it to happen, it will. I used to drive DH bonkers with my negativity....I just don't think men understand what kind of pressure we are under when things don't pan out if you're ttc. We completely stress ourselves out because we feel as though it is our fault. Stay positive, my dear. Everything will fall into place :)

Yeh you re right. Thanks <3
REALLY they only gave you 1% chance!? Thats amazing, were you a crazy obsessive tracker, with temps & OPK or did you just let it happen naturally?

Yeh you re right. Thanks <3
REALLY they only gave you 1% chance!? Thats amazing, were you a crazy obsessive tracker, with temps & OPK or did you just let it happen naturally?

Actually, me and DH just decided that we just would NTNP until we were ready to start fertility treatments. We just weren't ready at the time to start meds because we know there's an increased risk for multiples with clomid, etc. I never have done bbt or anything like that. And the only reason I even tested when I did was because I had started having dizziness and lightheaded spells. But I still was completely gob smacked when I got my bfp. And it was a blazing one too! The positive line showed up before the pee was even done moving up the strip to make the control line. So my bfp was outta nowhere, and really unexpected. That's why I don't think I experienced IB yesterday. I never was cramps at all the last time I was pregnant. It didn't feel like AF at all. I felt completely normal except for random dizziness.

Oh, and I've never once used an opk either. I find it too hard because my cycles are soooo long. I would literally have to use them every day for like 6 months (or more) to try to see when and if I even ovulated. It's too tedious, and I imagine it could get very costly having to use that many too!

That is so awesome! I bet you about passed out when the test line showed up first. Well I was 22 1/2 weeks pregnant when I found out with my son... {thats a looong story} but I only skipped 1 period... I did a HPT both lines showed up so quick {also my first time taking a test...I was so clueless}... I had to call the 1-800 # on the box LOL I didn't even understand it was a weird test where the lines actually crossed ea other. So I understand the shock & awe you went thru.
I took a OPK this morning and I'm still getting faint lines... I tested Tue/Wed, Thurs all faint lines a little darker the 2nd day so I was like lets just pretend it was positive and BD. haha But I got another one this morning almost a week later. :/ I also tested in the morning and now that I've been reading its better to test in the afternoon so I'll see if that makes a difference. Also just bought a digital one b/c I'm tired of guessing. But I'm sure after not having a period for 7 years my body is all out of wack. I may try it for a month and see how it goes, but I'm not going to pay much attention to it until my cycle regulates. I'm probably all over the place right now. I'm sure you're the same way with PCOS and the crazy imbalances it can cause. Well you already have 1 miracle...so do I, I guess until then we can just LOVE them to PIECES! Oh & I just bought Preseed lubricant it has GREAT reviews and who knew not getting pregnant could be caused by the lube you use. So its def worth a shot! It comes in the mail tomorrow! I'll let ya know how it goes ;)

Just thought if give an update--the bleeding has started back up this afternoon. And it's heavier now. So I'm assuming my period has finally came vim having some pretty bad cramps now too. I don't really know what the brief spotting was about yesterday...but AF is definitely here now.

IDK whether to be happy or sad for you!? Are you upset or relieved?
This afternoon I'm feeling icky and cramping on & off as if AF is on the way too :/ I'm kinda sad b/c its probably not implantation, but I guess the good news is I can start tracking from here maybe. Sent you a FR btw :)

Part of me is a little sad, but a bigger part of me is relieved. Maybe I will ovulate in a few weeks and catch the egg ;) and I accepted your FR :)

I get that too and was just recently (2weeks ago) diagnosed with PCOS. On cd81 today. Expecting to start Provera to jump start AF and then Clomid afterwards. This whole year I've had AF every other month & realized when AF quit showing so did my ov symptoms. Dr thinks I have stopped ov'ing all together :/. I'm ok w the multiples tho. I know the risk for more that twins is very low. Maybe we will ov around the same time. GL and :dust: to you.
Oh...I'm from AL also and sent you a fr as well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->