Well Its Been Nearly A Year And Im Still Waiting For A Good Nights Sleep!

Louisa K

Reaction score
What the hells going on!! Louis STILL wakes up at night!!

Am I doing something wrong, still no teeth either, he seems to be constantly teething so that could well be the whole problem but goodness me I really thought after a year he would be sleeping through the night, arrrggghhh!!

:dohh:

I have to admit it would be driving me mad too :lol:
does he wake for a bottle at night? or just for the sake of waking?

It seems to be just for the sake of waking, he doesnt have any bottles at night now and hasn't for a long time.. I always have a bottle of water by his cot which he does have a sip of when he wakes up...

AND he wakes up at about 6:30 EVERY MORNING no matter how late he goes to bed and no matter how bad his sleep has been that night, and, can you believe he always wakes up happy as anything...not like mummy, mummy wakes up like a zombie!!

I'm sorry :( Hayden didn't sleep through the night until 15mo so I know how you feel... Casen started at 11mo. But for them it was becuase they needed feedings at night because they were snackers and couldn't eat large amount, they were breastfed

Kaya only slept through the night for the first time last week. Needless to say she hasn't done it since lol.

Emms is 12 months and still isnt sleeping through consistently, occassionally will. Mostly wakes once, on a bad night twice (last night!) My friends say that when they start walking that makes a real difference as they wear themselves out. Some people have also said that their kids didnt sleep until 4yrs nooooooooooooooooooooooooo
I desperately hope every day that Emms will sleep the ideal 7-7 scenario but alas not yet. I wouldnt worry that you are doing anything wrong, some kids are just wakers I think. I have tried everything believe me!! (Sorry for not being the bearer of encouraging news!)

Unfortunately, I can't help you. Does he nap a lot during the day and for long times?

From reading the others, maybe he just doesn't feel that he needs the sleep as much especially where he wakes happy.

Maybe once the teeth break through it'll get better...

Sorry I can't help but hopefully he'll settle so you can get some rest!! All the best!

Have you spoke to your HV about it? My LO used to sleep thru from being 10wks but hit 10months & started waking again! I mentioned it to my HV when i took her to be weighed at 14mths & she put my name down on a list for this nursery nurse type person to come out & see me about sleeping.

We are slowly getting back into a routine & 2 night ago she slept thru without waking! First time in 5mths.
I did find out that she hated her cot, so swapped it into the cot bad which she didnt like either so we got her a single bed which she loves.

rhys still wakes and he is 2yrs and 4 months

Thanks for the replies, I guess Im not the only one!

Hun you are not the only one by far. Every book I have read on sleeping says that it is very common for babies to wake through the night for the first few years. The problem is where a baby can't self sooth itself back to sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->