Well that'll teach me

Rmar

Reaction score
I'm a weird cook. I don't use recipes and I am more likely to slop things everywhere. There are some things that need recipes though.

I just made some french toast for dinner and it was a really big fail.:dohh:

I had it on the lowest temperature setting and I still managed to burn the outside and leave the inside gooey.

Anyone else fail at cooking but still try to be adventurous?

I really wish I was a good cook but I'm really not :(

I do try though but like you, I try to be adveturous and it goes tits up :blush:

Poor OH :haha:

everytime i cook something it turns out great.. sorry not trying to be mean!
practise practise practise! cooking is fun.

I tried making banana muffins without eggs last night and they turned into crap little batter cakes that didnt cook. If i'd have thought it through I would of bain marie cooked them but nope - stupid pregnancy brain lol

I'm a truly horrendous cook! When my hubby and i first moved in together I was determined to become quite domesticated and cook for him. I made chilli con carne, but got the measurements a tad wrong and instead of adding a tea spoon of chilli powder i added a table spoon! And then another half one cos i knew he liked hot food. You'd think that was bad enough but when he quizzed me on how i'd made the rest of it and we got on to what type of mince beef i'd used I was made aware that you don't "just throw the lot in" because apparently you have to peel the paper off the bottom of the mince beef first....not cook that too! :dohh::blush: xx

im not a bad cook :D im thinking of making pizza from scratch again soon, i always do it with chessey crust :D

My DP's mum is a chef and he seems to have gained her talent and makes the nicest meals.

He makes a really good banana smoothie. I thought making that would be easy but nooo.

The only things I can make are ones that I have watched mum make so I can't teach it to others because I can't describe how much to put in other than "until it looks right".

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"