well that's unsettling

H

HerdingDogs

I've been whining about my insane pregnancy headache for a week now. I'm teaching from a chair, my students notice, and definitely getting to the point where I could get in trouble. so I email my doctor and she says to up my Tylenol to 2 pills every 6 hours and to start drinking a little bit Of caffeine. so I cut out medication and caffeine when I found out I was pregnant only to be told that I in fact need medication and caffeine so that I don't die and get fired from my job. Who would have guessed? I am off to bed to get 11 hours of sleep for the eighth straight day in a row... I not slept this much since I had mono in college :-(

I am still sleeping that much and I'm getting on to 10 weeks. I don't think I've slept less than 11 hours a night this entire time!

Sorry you're feeling so crappy. My sickness went away for a few days and it's back today! (Happy and sad feelings about this)

Sorry your feeling this way hun, I've suffered with major headaches/migranes since 8 weeks pregnant and they just seem to be getting worse :-( I dare not take anything, but going to see my doctor today see if there is anything I can take as I've had this one for nearly 18 hours now xx

I feel you. I have a killer headache, it makes everything so much effort. With my first LO I would sleep 10 hours a night right into 2nd tri, and nap some days too if I wasn't working! Now I'm lucky to get 5 hours a night, I want to cry, it definitely makes the headache worse.

I dropped caffeine the day I found out I was pregnant and my head was killing me for a few days after that. But it got better. I still get one every once and a while, but I heard that's supposed to start in the second trimester and I hit my second tri this coming Saturday.

Hugs! On the one hand, misery loves company and I an glad I am not alone in this. On the other, I'm sorry everyone else is miserable! Ironically enough my daily pregnancy app tip was headaches. I try the resting, the drinking water... only thing I have not tried is an ice pack. One of my students was so cute. I was sitting in my chair with my head in my hands waiting for them to come to the rug so we could have our read aloud. He raises his hand and said, "Ms. Brown, would you like me to go to the office and get you an ice pack?" Then another kid raises her hand and said, "Are you sure you're ok to read with a headache? We can just do independent silent reading instead." Precious. Especially since they are obsessed with Charlie and the Chocolate Factory which is what we are reading.

Wow you have such sweet students! What age do you teach? My students would probably have their parents sue me if I didn't do something I told them I would :haha:

Caffeine helps huge with migraines maybe she thinks you have a migraine! I did the other day and it was awful! 1 Tylenol then another 12 hours later and a big coffee really helped make it go away!! I too cut out caffeine.

I teach 2nd grade :) they were even nicer today because we talked about compassion during our morning meeting and I was saying how much it filled my bucket to have such compassionate students.

Saw my doctor today after my boss told me I need to take care of myself because I look like I'm run down. Doctor's orders to take tomorrow (the 100th day of school) off and to take a drug that inconclusively, may or may not increase the ris risk of miscarriage if once again upping my caffeine and tylenol intake don't work.

I'm sorry you're feeling bad. I used to get really bad headaches and migraines and the only thing that ever worked was Excedrin migraine, which has caffeine.

Have you tried any natural remedies? There are some safe homeopathic and herbal things you could try. Also, peppermint and lavender are good for treating headaches. You can maybe diffuse essential oils or even use them topically. There's one called Mygrastik and that's basically lavender oil, peppermint oil, and maybe one or two other things. My sister gave me a homemade "headache stick" from the farmers market and that's basically what it is. you could have a craft day and make your own. You'd just need some oils and maybe beeswax or shea butter or something.

Decaf coffee has traceable amounts of caffeine or maybe you could do half caff. How much caffeine are you having? I've started having the occasional cup of caffeinated coffee in the mornings when I feel like I need the boost. I'm subscribing to the club who thinks 200mg per day is fine. I heard the heart beat the other day and it was 153 which is pretty normal for 11 weeks, definitely not high. I think everything should be fine.

Ice packs work great too. Your fur babies can even get in on it with you if they like to snuggle when you're down. My lab used to like to snuggle up with me when I had migraines so I'd make her a cold compress to wear on her head too. She liked it <3

All I've tried is rest, water, and Tylenol. I tried a little bit of caffeine. I threw up after three sips but was able to get the rest down. I only had a tall which my GYN said does not have a lot of caffeine. She said I can try to up my Tylenol from one every 4 hours to 2 every 6 and up my caffeine to a grande or a vente (200 a day like you said). I imagine excedrin would be okay if the only issue is caffeine. I can look into how much it has. My coworker also suggested that today since she suffers from migraines from time to time.

I haven't tried any home stuff. The closest is the mint tea they have at Starbucks. It soothes me temporarily. Maybe I'll switch over to a peppermint tea?

Starting yesterday, my coco butter and tummy cream (which have shea butter in it) have been making my nausea and headache worse. =/

I'm going to try everything one last time tomorrow. I really don't want to miss the 100th day. If it doesn't get better, I made arrangements to take Thursday off and I just have to take it. This is some heavy duty stuff (it has hydrocodone). I used to take it when my ex boyfriend threw me into a wall, and I hurt my shoulder. Still is stiff/ hurts to this day. I remember how cautious my PCP was about me taking it only as needed because of the narcotic, that taking it while pregnant scares me. Didn't help that the pharmacist said, "Only acceptable to take this medication when the benefits outweigh the risk. What is the risk? ... Oh, weird. It doesn't say. Hm. Well, you can Google it. But in such a small dose and if your doctor prescribed it then obviously the benefit is greater than whatever risk." x.x And my dumb friend who constantly talks about MCing and won't just let me enjoy being pregnant and I keep stupidly telling her things was like, "This is serious. You know you could be bleeding into your brain. My son's friend's mom had this. She died. My mom had it. The doctor told her she could either take the meds to get rid of the headache and be a mother to three or a memory to four." Like WTF WHO SAYS THAT?! x.x

If you're nauseated, i wouldn't drink coffee. Try a regular coke. The caffeine can help the headache and the sugar can calm your stomach.

Thanks. She did mention that. She said if coffee unsettles my stomach too much to try a diet coke. But then she laughed a little. And then she tried to say it again with a straighter face.

And my dog is being a brat. The little one is fine, but the older one can sense that I'm physically weakening so she's trying to step up as alpha. The worst is I don't even have the energy to battle it out with her.

hahahah have you tried growling at her? I have to keep my dogs from getting too in-my-face, no matter how weak I am, because their natural smells don't agree with me anymore.

I think you've mentioned this friend before. Is this the same one who said you're ruining the dad's life? If so, I'd probably steer clear from her for your pregnancy. Maybe she's the cause of your headaches!

I would just do regular coke. The aspartame can cause headaches in some people.

If you're nauseated, i wouldn't drink coffee. Try a regular coke. The caffeine can help the headache and the sugar can calm your stomach.

What is it your doctor has said is wrong with you? It sounds like the medication is pretty strong, I can understand not wanting to take it. I've always wanted to stay away from medication in pregnancy and managed well with my 1st, I had a couple of broken ribs and managed on paracetamol, I was so proud lol. Then with my DD I needed some serious medication as I developed problems with a heart condition, I was really upset at the prospect of what it could do to her. I talked with my doctor and consultant and devised a care plan which would get me through and give DD a better chance and had extra monitoring. Maybe you could talk to your doctor and ask for a realistic idea of what the risk is to you if you don't take the medication and what the risk s to your LO if you do, and see if there are any other options if the risks either way are too great.

Haha no, I don't growl at her. The nice thing about small herders is that they are so attached to you that the idea of disappointing you puts them in their place. I just have to look at her or say no and she stops, but she's definitely pushing boundaries of how close she gets to me while I eat and barking when I pick up the puppy and getting on the bed without an invite.

Doctor said the headache is just from the increased estrogen from being pregnant, but because it is affecting me to the point of affecting my job and how miserable I am she said we need to do something. She said that narcotics in tri 1 can, but there aren't enough studies, increase the risk of MC. She said in tri 2 and 3 that they have a lot more monitoring and safeguards they can do if you take them, but in tri 1 there's nothing they can do. She just really urged ne that if I need to take it to not take tylenol at the same time.

Broken ribs!!! You are super woman!

Haha no, I don't growl at her. The nice thing about small herders is that they are so attached to you that the idea of disappointing you puts them in their place. I just have to look at her or say no and she stops, but she's definitely pushing boundaries of how close she gets to me while I eat and barking when I pick up the puppy and getting on the bed without an invite.

Doctor said the headache is just from the increased estrogen from being pregnant, but because it is affecting me to the point of affecting my job and how miserable I am she said we need to do something. She said that narcotics in tri 1 can, but there aren't enough studies, increase the risk of MC. She said in tri 2 and 3 that they have a lot more monitoring and safeguards they can do if you take them, but in tri 1 there's nothing they can do. She just really urged ne that if I need to take it to not take tylenol at the same time.

Broken ribs!!! You are super woman!

I have a medical condition which means I get frequent dislocations and because I'm a bit loosey goosey I get more breaks and fractures.I'm fine with that but show me a needle and I'm thrashing around in tears like a total baby. And don't get me started on a paper cut :haha:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->