Well- Today SUCKED!

chefamy1122

hating infertility
Reaction score
Soo.. I get to work this morning and I send a friend an email checking up on her since it has been a few weeks since I talked to her... got an email back from her letting me know that she was pregnant again, but she felt bad about telling me b/c she knows all the trouble I am having. I am really happy for her and her fiance, b/c they are already great parents to their little boy, but I am still jealous as hell!!
I just got home a little while ago and what do I find in my mailbox - 2 baby shower invitations:cry: for 2 other friends that are due in December. I knew they were coming, but seeing them made me lose it and I sat on my sofa and cried and cried. So... even though I have cut back on my drinking, I am currently drinking one hell of a drink right now!

:hug: it's not easy when everyone aound you seems to be having babies left, right and centre. Enjoy your drink xxxx

:hugs: I am thinking about you, Honey! I totally understand how you feel! :hugs:

I feel for you. One of the hardest things I find about this journey is learning that people you know are PG. It honestly hits me like a tonne of bricks everytime. Even if I know they will be good parents and are sensitive to our situation (which most aren't) it still devestates and upsets me in a massive way.

:hugs: for you

Sometimes its easier to just not be told isnt it?

oh i know how u feel hun, when i ad my mc a good mate of mine didnt tell me she was pg till 6mth!!!!! so they really do feel awful, but u after just think lifes not fair is it,infact its pretty shit at times, stay strong hun :hugs:

:hug:

I totally know how you feel. It sucks. But just remember that one day it'll be you sending out those invitations for baby showers.

:hug:

:hug::hug: I know how you feel, my cousin whom i 3years younger than me was at my house on friday and didn't say much. then sunday we went to my perants for my mum's b-day and here they announce they are 7weeks pregnant and they had already know since last week monday... but not a word was said afterwards....

Needless to say they werent trying:hissy::hissy::hissy::hissy:

Day by day we will make it hun.... And i have been trying now +/-13 months...:cry::cry:

Oh hun that sucks :hugs: any chance you can make your excuses re the baby showers and send a cute little present and card instead of your presence? Sometimes avoidance makes life a whole lot easier!

Here's hoping that will be you soon x x

Oh hun that sucks :hugs: any chance you can make your excuses re the baby showers and send a cute little present and card instead of your presence? Sometimes avoidance makes life a whole lot easier!

Here's hoping that will be you soon x x

That is what I am planning on doing with one of the showers, but I am going to the other one b/c she is one of my best friends. It is going to be hard, but she would do the same for me if the situation was reversed.

Thanks for all the support ladies. I had been doing "okay" lately, but I just completely lost it yesterday. My eyes are still all puffy and red from crying. My poor hubby came home last night from a business trip and had no idea what he was walking into!

:hug: I had to watch my friend give birth...she had a home birth and wanted me there. That was hard. Baby showers I no longer go to anymore. I usually just get my husband to buy an outfit and then I give it later, if that. Most people understand, since I have had three m/c. But, on the other hand, I had one lady not tell me until she was showing (and I had pretty much figured it out) and it turns out that EVERYONE knew, but she didn't tell me because she didn't want to upset me. I felt like a fool, and still haven't managed to forgive her (her baby is like 4mths old now). It sucks either way you slice it. :hug:

:hug: I had to watch my friend give birth...she had a home birth and wanted me there. That was hard. Baby showers I no longer go to anymore. I usually just get my husband to buy an outfit and then I give it later, if that. Most people understand, since I have had three m/c. But, on the other hand, I had one lady not tell me until she was showing (and I had pretty much figured it out) and it turns out that EVERYONE knew, but she didn't tell me because she didn't want to upset me. I felt like a fool, and still haven't managed to forgive her (her baby is like 4mths old now). It sucks either way you slice it. :hug:

:hug: back to you.

Totally understand how you feel!!! Three of my closest friends are all pregnant and when they finally told me it happened in one week! I was jealous and angry as heck for a while. Eventually it'll go away hun!

I hope u feel better soon

i think all us ladies in this section know how you feel, at one point one of my best friends was pg, 2 work colleagues and my hairdresser all at the same time which was really difficult. The longer i try the harder it gets, i don't know how id handle babay showers, luckily ive not had to go to any so far. :hugs:

THis thread is really striking a chord with me today. I've lost count of the amount of people getting pregnant since we started TTC 2 years ago. One of my best friend's lied to my face about being pregnant and I still don't understand why. I feel so stupid when people don't want to tell me. I thought I was Ok recently and then I checked facebook and saw 2 status updates about being pregnant. I knew about one but the other was news. Does anyone else find themselves hoping that people they know will have problems TTC too just so that they might understand just a little bit? Then I feel bad afterwards.... Sorry for rambling... I'm off to finish this bottle of wine and enojoy not being pregnant for once!!!

THis thread is really striking a chord with me today. I've lost count of the amount of people getting pregnant since we started TTC 2 years ago. One of my best friend's lied to my face about being pregnant and I still don't understand why. I feel so stupid when people don't want to tell me. I thought I was Ok recently and then I checked facebook and saw 2 status updates about being pregnant. I knew about one but the other was news. Does anyone else find themselves hoping that people they know will have problems TTC too just so that they might understand just a little bit? Then I feel bad afterwards.... Sorry for rambling... I'm off to finish this bottle of wine and enojoy not being pregnant for once!!!

:hugs: I know exactly how you feel hun - the jealousy and anger hurts so much.

:hugs: I know exactly how you feel - and sometimes the jealousy and anger hurt so much

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->