well...well...well...

bigbelly2

mommy of 2!
Reaction score
tonight i have been sad and then actually belly laughed.....

well it started after id left the stables to go and check tt...some of you may know i live on farm some of you may not, even though i live on a farm its off a main dual carriageway...i was driving down the road, nearly home *didnt have my glasses on* but thought...umm is that a fox about to run out on the road...to my shock..no it wasnt a fox it was a bloomin baby dear :shock: i slowed right down and watched as it franticaly scampered around, then a car came bombing round the corner and i thought it was going to come to an early end..i was screaming NOOOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOO, luckily the car stopped in time and the dear legged it..into a housing estate :dohh: so...i rang the rspca..was on hold for 28 minutes then got transferred and was on hold another 18 mins..to be told they wouldnt deal with it so to call the transport police..i did this and they said they would only deal with it if it was on a motorway, they told me to call my local council out of hours number, another 34 minutes on hold WTF its not as if they would be busy on a sat night!! they then said they wouldnt deal as they thought it was out of their area....ggrrrhhh there was nothing more i could do....sorry dear :cry:

so i came home and decided to try and make maddy a home made birthday cake...chocolate of course...never done one before so thought whatthe heck lets go for a 3 tierd frull on master piece..i spent god knows how long cooking this bloomin cake...for what to happen...for them come out looking like pancakes lmfao!!!

will ice them tomorrow as im so tired now and ill try and get a pic on here..will make you guys laugh for sure they are bloody awful lol lol lol

h x

Awww, what a horrible evening. At least you did the best for the dear.

And you tried with the cake, it's the thought that counts :)

At least you tried with the deer. The RSPCA are fecking useless though. Just in case you ever happen to be in a similar scenario, ring your local wildlife rescue/refuge.

Can't wait to see the cake!! Mine always come out flat - but they do taste bloody good!

Glad you had a good belly laugh - it can makes things seem so much better - even if only for a little while!!!:rofl:

I doubt that a wildlife rescue would have done anything either, the deer probably knows its way around, and would have gone back after being spooked by the cars.
I've seen deer wander through housing estates before.
At least you tried to help it out, if it was quite young its mum may still be around.

We have deer on a VERY busy roundabout in gloucester!
https://www.thisisgloucestershire.c...r-Barnwood/article-356970-detail/article.html

Personally i think they should be moved 1. for their own saftey 2. for the motorists saftey its a main roundabout near the centre of gloucester!

Yay,a cake....I'm a pro if I may say :smug:

I'm so sorry about the dear :hugs:

you did really well trying to help the deer!! :)

So glad you had a good laugh... you deserve it :hugs:

Aw,the poor deer.You did try your best though hun.

And that end bit made me laugh out loud,:rofl: "for them to come out looking like pancakes" - I cant wait to see them! :rofl:

Yay,a cake....I'm a pro if I may say :smug:

I'm so sorry about the dear :hugs:

PLEEEASE HELP ME!! have you got a fool proof chocolate cake recepie????

the cake in the pic is BAAAAAAADDDD but you dont even get the full force of the baaaaadness...

as you can see i kind of gave up with the butter cream and the icing and literally threw it on top lol then threw a few pieces of fudge on it lmao im certainly no chef :cry::rofl:

h x

https://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y228/haylebop/cake.jpg

My husband said that it looks like one of mine!!:rofl: ine always look dead flat. Buthe did say that it looked yummy and chocolatey and that he'd eat it!!! Send it my way!

Im sure it will still taste good no matter what it looks like! every time I try and cook a cake it turns out to be a disaster. Its my OHs birthday today and I gave up on the cake idea and made him 'Rocky Road' instead. Its chocolate mixed with broken up rich tea biscuits and marshmallows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"