Well, what a day!!!

XKatX

Reaction score
Finally!!! I finished work and started my mat leave today!:happydance:
I thought I would be really excited, but I was so sad when I had to say goodbye to all my colleagues :cry:
They drive me nuts sometimes, but I'll miss their company and sense of humour.
It also hit me like a smack in the face that this is it........I'm going to have a baby:dohh: I feel really odd now. Sitting at home with a brew and don't know what to think really. My head is all over the place.
At least I have my baby shower to look forward to tomorrow night!!!:happydance:
I've also got a leg wax, bikini wax and manicure booked for tomorrow and hairdressers Thursday. I feel strangely lonely though. Don't know why. Perhaps I'll feel a bit better when hubby gets home and I can talk about how I feel.

On a happier note though - I got the results to my Nurse Mentorship course today and...............I passed!!!!:wohoo:
One less thing to worry about while I'm off!!
So this is it now - you'll be sick of the sight of me after a few days!!!

Aww im not surprised you feel like that, You must be used to working so much now your suddenly at home and not sure what to do with yourself!! But enjoy your time off because before you know it, you will be back at work and hating it!!!

Well done on passing your course. Enjoy your baby shower tomorrow aswell :D

Well done!!!! And enjoy your baby shower! x

Enjoy the peace while it lasts :) Congratulations on passing your course.. well done!

Hope you have a lovely baby shower tomorrow.

You lucky moo. Enjoy it! I for one cannot wait for maternity leave!

+ Well done for passing :D

congrats on passing hun :happydance:

Enjoy your time off hun sounds like a nice few days ahead of you :)

Enjoy your time off! And have fun at your baby shower!

Aww im not surprised you feel like that, You must be used to working so much now your suddenly at home and not sure what to do with yourself!! But enjoy your time off because before you know it, you will be back at work and hating it!!!

Well done on passing your course. Enjoy your baby shower tomorrow aswell :D

Thats so true! I work (worked!!!) 50-60 hour weeks for the last 14 years, so it's all feeling a bit strange!! Plus, I realised today that, when I do go back to work, nothing will be the same again. My work life balance will change, as well as my outook to life, work and everything!
I know everyone goes through this, I just wasn't expecting to feel like this!

Congrats on passing! :D

Enjoy the Babyshower & Enjoy time off! ;)xxx

well done Kat!! Finally a bit of time for you. I know how you feel tho, I have been working at home the past 3 weeks and I have started to feel a bit lonely. Just waiting around is getting boring and all anyone ever wants to know about is the baby. hummm.

I've got to say though - I won't miss lunch times!! Whenever I go to lunch, people feel the need to share their labour stories with me!! I said today, that I now know the most intimate details of everyone at work - and they were told to me over my food!! Nice!

You just make the most of this time hun .. LO will be here before you know it!!

cat cat cat your nearly 37 weeks!!! you were about 12 last week i swear lol

just relax and enjoy your time on your own, the ability to go to the loo when you need to, eat when you want, drink when you want, SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP and then SLEEP some more!!!

if you feel lonely rub your tummy and realise your NEVER on your own!!

just enjoy coz soon your gonna be changin nappies, makin bottles, washin clothes, cleanin up little accidents, feedin, changing nappies, winding, washin clothes, makin bottles lol the list goes on

how exciting h x

Congratulations on passing.

Enjoy your time off, LO will be here in no time. x

Enjoy your time off and having ome quiet time for you whilst you still have the chance. Well done on passing x x

wa-hey!!!! love it!!! don't wish your time away before seeing your colleagues faces again... it's show time Kat, get ready for LO!! xx

YAY !!

Enjoy your time off work and your baby shower !!

Get your feet up whenever you can baby isnt to far away now !!

It's not surprising that you feel as if things have come to an end because in a sense they have. You've finished work and your course is now over and you probably hadn't thought about what it would be like to be at home 24/7. It's a transitional period which can be quite daunting for someone who worked so hard, being always on the go with a mapped out agenda as it were. Now you're going to be making up the targets yourself so it's normal that you feel a bit like a fish out of water. :D Only reason I know this is that I was running a pub and it's kitchen with my partner when I got pg with Charlie but after moving to a new house and getting that sorted I felt like I was twiddling my fingers. :blush:

Don't worry; as the other girls have said you'll soon be upto your eyes in baby chores and loving every second of it. :baby:

Congratulations on passing your course and I'm sure you'll put it to good use when you decide to return to work.

Have a really great time with your baby shower; I wish someone would throw me one. :D

So many kind words of wisdom from you all - thankyou!! I'm sure I'll get over myself in a few days - I think I'm actually in shock!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->