Well........

RchlSmly

Trying for #1
Reaction score
Well i'm now officially 6 weeks from the last period and nothing!!!! Not even a slight ache. The :witch: has still yet too arrive.
It is really annoying not knowing what your body is doing and when! I have tried ovulation sticks for the last week and nothing, not even a slight line.
I have tried 3 hpt and all have been negative. What i'm I doing wrong????

My OH isn't helping either! He doesn't grasp the concept that to get pregnant you have to have sex. We are both on the overweight side, but I have a sex drive he doesn't! Why do men have to be so awkward! Just dont know what to do with him. I am sick of having to mention to him about it and it has now taken all the fun out of anything, its like I have to ask for :sex: .

I have no real freinds to talk about this as No one really knows i'm trying as I didn't want the pressure of people constantly asking me if it has happened yet, but the people who I have talked to have all said 'it'll happen when you least expect it' :growlmad: why do people not understand that this does not help.

I'm worried because my mum had a lot of problems conceiving me and my brother and to be honest with you I have the same fear. I have had so many close calls where I should have been caught out and never have been. this is not helping me, as due to docs being the way they are they will just laugh at me if I was to go and explain it to them as I have only been off bcp since march.

Sorry about the rant and the long post but feel that baby and bump is the only place that i can air my views and get some very good advice.

Many thanks for reading

:dust: :dust: to all

Hmmm....you've got a lot goin' on there.

Re: absent period. I thought AC was good at bringing that back. I don't personally know because bcp actually helped mine come back after Depo.

Re::sex: You might have to bring out the big guns during your fertile time. Maybe get a sexy outfit or do something different together. If all else fails, get a little wine in him to help loosen him up.

I know what you're going through on the :sex: thing. My DH has a teeny tiny drive so I have to be really proactive.

Good luck hunni

I've gone 6 mo+ without a period. Unless you have a history of regular cycles (not on BCP), then I would have to say that it's likely this is an anovulatory cycle. I'd go to the doctor and get it checked out. That's how I got my PCOS diagnosis.

Sorry you're going through all of this!

Being a woman is soo frusturating, isn't it?

Cessation of a period without a primary cause is amenorrhea. It can happen just once, or it can be recurrent. Sometimes your body just skips a period for no reason. As others have said, you most likely did not ovulate.

On the other hand, when was the last time you had sex? It is possible, but it is also rarer, to get pregnant at times of the month other than the typical days "11-14" on a 28 day cycle. Your body typically ovulates during this window, but sometimes more than one egg can be released during a single cycle. In fact, some fraternal twins were not the result of 2 eggs being released at the same time, but rather a week or even ten days apart. So, you could have ovulated near the end of your cycle, and gotten pregnant. Which would maybe be why a pregnancy test would not be positive.

You could go to the doctor and get medicine to start your period. I would reccommend doing a blood test to be sure it is negative. That way, you don't think back and say 'What if I was pregnant?'

The lack of a sex drive in men, especially if you have been together for a long time is not necessarily something to be distressed about. If it seems like doing things that would normally turn him on aren't working anymore, maybe he should get his hormone levels checked. If his testosterone is low, injections can be given once every 2 weeks or once per month.

If he has hypothyroidism, low dopamine levels (which is typically related to Parkinson's or schizophrenia, but those are on the extreme ends, whereas it interfering with libido is more common,) that could affect his sex drive. If there has been excessive stress, that also could make his libido nosedive.

You may want to temp or do OPKs to make sure that you are ovulating. Everyone is different. While some women get regular periods after BCP, others may take a few months to ovulate again.

Also, just because your mother had problems conceiving does not mean that you will. It is true that some problems such as endometriosis are linked with genetic factors, for example. However, many times it is just metabolic.

If your thyroid, FSH, LH, progesterone, estrogen, prolactin, and occassionally androgens (found in higher levels in males) are off, you may have an issue with conceiving. PCOS is also very common, as others have mentioned.

I know this is a lot of info, but hopefully some of it was helpful! Keep the faith! I don't know how long you have been TTC, but it is very common for it to take 6 mos-12 mos.

:dust:

I have had no period for weeks now and it's frustrating not knowing where you are in your cycle. I just want a clue. X x
Hopefully we will have some sign.

Hey hun youre not alone, I've been wondering how you were getting on, gonna PM you now xx

Hey hun,
Not sure about the lack of period thing, i've got the same problem and i went the doctors. Its worth a try. And at least your letting them know you are ttc.

With your O.H having a low sex drive, try wearing something sexy, a trip to Ann summers maybe, some wine and sexy music... you get the picture, give him an amazing night then talk to him in the morning and explain that you want him to initiate sex more.

But your not alone sweetie

Big big :hugs:

If your thyroid, FSH, LH, progesterone, estrogen, prolactin, and occassionally androgens (found in higher levels in males) are off, you may have an issue with conceiving.

I am really sorry to barge in on someone else's post, but I read this and just had to ask.

I have/had (?) hypothyroidism but doctors have told me the last few times I have had it checked that it has righted itself and I don't need to take my medication anymore. (NOTE: I took them for awhile, then stopped - had it checked a few times after a year or so of not taking it and everything is ok)We have been TTC since June and nothing. Even though docs have said everything is normal again, could us not falling pregnant be because of me??

You barge as much as you like Nel we are all here to help each other, Thank you ladies for the advice. Wish I could go to Ann Summers but unfortunately i'm very top heavy to a point that I cant get in anything of theres and dress up doesn't work for him, tried and tested that one. But hey, i'm gonna sit him down and have a really long and honest chat with him adn see what he says, if that doesn't work then i'm just gonna have to do it myself lol but will be going to my docs if nothing has happened by this time next week. See what can be done.
Hope all of you are well!! And thanks once again your advice is much appreciated.
x

Good news and bad - the :witch: got me today. I'm relieved in a way because thought I would have to go docs but no need now!! Hope all is well with everyone else. :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->