Went to A&E last night and it's not good.

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by CoachingBeef, Apr 11, 2009.

1. CoachingBeef

CoachingBeef Guest

Well I'd been getting cramp like pains all day yesterday. Not painful enough to call it a period type pain. Just like a dull ache.
    Then I went to the toilet and found a brown discharge. :cry:
    I was so scared and I know this is meant to be normal but something just didn't feel right?
    So I got to hospital and after waiting three hours (and the blood getting heavy but again, not enough to call it a period and it was starting to get dark red) they first of all took some blood tests, then checked my cervix which was closed. He then took swabs and done an internal examination using his fingers. Then I got the dildocam scan where they found the sac but no baby or heartbeat :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:. They said it's a threatened miscarriage and the reason they can't see anything may be because I'm not as far on as I think I am (My cycle lengths were pretty varied)
    So, I've got to go back on Monday 20th for another scan and more blood. This will be where I find out if I have a baby or not. :cry:

UPDATE - 12/04/2009 10AM

Yesterday I received my dating scan appointment for Friday 17th April. I think we'll go to that one and if all is well then we'll cancel the Monday 20th appointment.
    I'm still bleeding brown blood with tiny tiny little brown dots (clots?) and it's mainly when I wipe. I've still got a dull ache in my stomach too.
    I'm not sure if I put this is my original post but the doctor at the hospital tested my urine and said there was a slight water infection? He didn't mentioned anything else about it and I forgot to ask as I was too upset to talk after the scan.
    I'm trying to keep up a positive outlook but it's so hard. We have family up who are staying at his Mam's house and I can't bring myself to face them, I can't talk about it without crying and we haven't told anybody about what happened on Friday.
    Sorry, I'm rambling now but I just needed to get this off my chest.

UPDATE - 12/09/2009 (23:35)
    Well after passing huge brown clots and more brown blood I've been back to A&E (they said if there was anymore bleeding or clots then I had to go back) Sorry if this is too much information but the clots were really thick and brown. The biggest was maybe the size of a 50p coin. I was so scared. I cried there and then. I thought this was the end.
    We searched online quickly and it all pointed towards miscarriage.
    He checked my cervix again and it's still closed. Therefore still classed as a "threatened miscarriage" took more blood and sent me on my way. He said not to worry too much as the blood/clots are brown and I don't have major cramping. I kinda felt like I wasted his time a bit but I can't fault the service that the hospital have provided us. We were in and out within an hour or so. Got to go to my dating scan on 17th to hopefully find a baby.

UPDATE - 14/04/2009
    Well there is still brown blood and clotting :( I wish Friday would hurry up.

I told a couple of people at work today because I'd rather they knew what was going on incase I cried (I managed to hold it together today though) but their reaction was "well you have plenty of chances to get pregnant again" :( Am I clutching at straws for hoping I see something on Friday? I know they mean well and only trying to help but they were talking like I've already lost my baby :(

2. Buffy71

Buffy71 Mummy to Harriet!

Sorry to hear you're having a horrid time. Fingers crossed it's all ok. Xx

3. clarabella

clarabella DH, DD & 2 cats!

So sorry. Fingers crossed that your dates are mixed up, and that everything is ok on 20th. :hug:

4. CoachingBeef

CoachingBeef Guest

Thank you ladies. I'm so scared. We got so excited and literally told everyone. I don't know if I should say anything now or wait until the second scan a week on Monday.

5. ahava

ahava me & hubby

sorry for this, i suggest you wait a while, till you know for sure...just be patient... try not to worry as what will be will be.....

6. Mumof42009

Mumof42009 Mum Of 4 Preemie's

Oh hun i can really feel for you cause im going through same sort of thing, ive had threatned m/c ive got my next scan 21st if you want to chat just pm me xxx :hug:

7. HayleyJA

HayleyJA Mum to April and Esther

Thinking of you....:hug:

8. embo216

embo216 Mummy to 3 <3

Hi hun, my friend had very very heavy bleeding when she was pregnant and thought all hope was lost but shes now got a beautiful baby boy. I've got my fingers crossed for your scan hun. I had implantation bleeding with my daughter but it was all pinky and brown. None with this one tho. x

9. MummyBurgo

MummyBurgo I love my boys x

:hugs: Thinking of you hun and keeping everything crossed for you. xx

10. babybuffy84

babybuffy84 Happy new mummy :)

oh hunny am sure everything is fine how many weeks do you think you are maybe about 5 or 6??
    If so i only just saw my pregnancy sac and yolk sac when i had an emergency scan on wednesday.So am sure its still too early,will keep everything crossed for you.
    :hugs:

11. Fluxuspoem

Fluxuspoem Mama

I am sorry you are going through this, I know how scary it is.

keeping my fingers crossed for you :hugs:

12. bunnyg82

bunnyg82 Mum to 2 gorgeous boys

I am sorry you're having such a hard time, I hope the time doesn't go really slowly for you and that the results are good news for you xx

13. CoachingBeef

CoachingBeef Guest

I thought I was 8 weeks going off my last period but they've been long irregular cycles so it could be anything really. I'm praying that I've just messed my dates up :cry:

14. Seraphim

Seraphim Amazing Baby Girl

Fingers crossed it's just your dates.
    I know you must be petrified.
    Do whatever you can to pass the time.
    Thinking of you and hoping for the best xxx

15. moomoo

moomoo Mumma to 2 & 1 in heaven!

Hopefully its too early to see a hb and there will be one with your next scan, thinking of you...limbo is not a very nice place to be :( xx

16. caz81

caz81 Well-Known Member

sorry to hear what is going on, fx it goes ok xx

17. KrystalBrown

KrystalBrown Well-Known Member

im sorry to hear that hun... i wish u the best

18. Rebaby

Rebaby Mama to 2 boys

I'm sorry you're having such a worrying time hun :hugs:

I will have my fingers crossed for you that it is just a mix up with your dates and that all is well at your next scan.

Big :hug:

19. FJL

FJL Heartbroken after m/c

I can't imagine how scared and worried you must be feeling. I too hope that it is just a matter of you getting the dates mixed up and that you see a beautiful heartbeat on the 20th :hugs:

20. bigmama

bigmama Well-Known Member

hope everything will be ok for you :hugs::hugs: