went to docs today but no help grrrrr

Jo.t

expecting #7
Reaction score
We have been ttc & nothing :-(

The doc said we need to wait 2 yrs b4 they can do anything ???

I thought it was over 6 months over 35 ?

I asked about clomid but they can't do anything !!

I will be 38 by that time :-(

All he said was 2 have sex 3 times a week & stop telling ect cause its a waste of time !

Anyone know if there are any guidelines on a timetable ?

Really fed up today as we have to put ttc on hold after august for 18m due to our wedding - on a cruise so age limits on babies / pregnancy gestation.

We dont cancell the wedding as all family & friends have pd for their place & my sister if getting married at the same time. My family could not afford to go twice !

Sorry just ranting !

2 years? That's ridiculous. One year is usually the standard, but its generally 6 months if you are over 35 because you have less time to waste.

I'm 37 and DH is 44, we are in Canada. He asked his doc about tests and he said wait a year. So I asked my doc (today actually) and she mentioned about a year again, but I mentioned my concern because of our ages. Then she wrote a requisition for my hubby to have a semen analysis done. I also showed her my temp chart and she thought it looked fine and so said since I'm ovulating if the SA comes back good then she'll refer me to a gyno for further testing.

Clomid can only help you if the problem is with ovulation. If you have been temp'ing and suspect you are not ovulating, that should be a flag to be able to get your doctor to investigate right away.

We have been ttc & nothing :-(

The doc said we need to wait 2 yrs b4 they can do anything ???

I thought it was over 6 months over 35 ?

I asked about clomid but they can't do anything !!

I will be 38 by that time :-(

All he said was 2 have sex 3 times a week & stop telling ect cause its a waste of time !

Anyone know if there are any guidelines on a timetable ?

Really fed up today as we have to put ttc on hold after august for 18m due to our wedding - on a cruise so age limits on babies / pregnancy gestation.

We dont cancell the wedding as all family & friends have pd for their place & my sister if getting married at the same time. My family could not afford to go twice !

Sorry just ranting !

Hi Jo.t,
That just sounds very odd to me, considering the age factor etc.
Whereabouts do you live?
So when is your wedding then? it seems so cruel that you have to make these choices on TTC v's your wedding.
I hope you manage to get your BFP soon!!
:hugs::hugs:

I think it is down to different health authorities. You could ring your local health authority and ask. x x

have you tryed accupuncture or anything i had sussess with it and i know alot of others who have the lady i see specalises in fertility x

Im in devon, Plymouth (UK)

Wedding is next December but the ship will not take babies under 6 months or ladies over 6 months preg.

We will never have the opportunity to get married on a cruise with all our family again & if we choose not to have the wedding no one else will be able to go as the cost will rise per person ( we got a huge discount due to the amount of people & the 2 weddings)

So its a difficult one ! Also every1 would lose their deposits :-(

jo

It is usually 6 months if your over 35 but most still do a year! Not heard of 2 years for over 35's, maybe see if they would do some blood tests to see if that would give any indication that anything was wrong (gp can do these)

The only thing I would say is that they may not want to refer you if you have mentioned that you can only ttc for the next 4months as obviously with waiting lists etc it may even be unlikely you would be seen by a fs by then anyway and even if you were what treatment could they offer you if you were going to stop ttc very soon after, its all very time consuming with different tests and treatments etc as it is without such a big gap in ttc, maybe different if your going private and paying but doubt the nhs would look favourably on the wait and would probably recommend you coming back once you are able to ttc ongoing xx

Fire your doc...ridiculous...Have you been charting, OPK- ing, etc.? If you go to an appointment armed with evidence of well-timed intercourse they are less likely to give you the generic "have sex 3x a week" speech. Sorry, but at our age, time is not to be wasted. My DH and I recently came to the realization that we need to make this priority #1, and everything else will just have to take a backseat. After we made that commitment, it became easier to make certain decisions...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"