went to l&d today

msq

Reaction score
I had been having abdominal cramps since 6 pm yesterday and was getting kind of concerned. I ended up calling my doctors office & told them I'd been having abdominal cramping since yesterday & they told me to go to labor and delivery. I went there earlier today & was put on the monitor and had some tests done including a urine test which showed trace amounts of protein & I also had high blood pressure so I was sent home with a diagnosis of pre-eclampsia... :/ I'm not too worried for now. They are having me do a 24 hour urine collection test & hopefully that will bring more accurate results to know how severe my case of pre-e is. I'm glad I went in though, this just goes to show that it's always better to be safe than sorry.

Forgot to mention they put me on modified bed rest

I'm sorry sweetheart :( One of my good friends had pre-eclampsia, but just so you know.. all is perfect with her little boy. He's 18 months now. I hope they figure it all out and you have more answers tomorrow!

So sorry you have pre-eclampsia :hug: Take it easy and I hope the bed rest works!

Thank you ladies. I'm remaining as positive as possible. I've just gotta rest as much as possible and take it one day at a time. I have my childbirth preparation class on Wednesday & I'm hoping I'm allowed to go to that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"