Went to my OBGYN and I have PCOS

ardnaxela

Reaction score
So I had my ultrasound today to see if there are any cysts on my ovaries and there were a bunch. I'm kind of relieved that I have it because if I didn't then there would probably be a more serious reason as to why I don't ovulate. Losing weight has been harder than usual also.

Any tips on how to "get rid" of PCOS?

Hey hun, the thing that worked for me was ovarian drilling. I had a pelvic laparoscopy to rule out endometriosis because I had been bleeding for months. She said in some cases, the drilling helps the ovaries "reset." She was right. My cycles were so much more regular and I got pregnant within half a year. I don't know if I'm "cured," though, as I haven't had a period since I had my baby, but I've had ovarian pains similar to how it felt when I developed cysts.

What did your doctor say about it?

Unfortunately pcos has no cure. You can manage symptoms with a low carb diet (carbs should come from veggies and some fruit) and daily exercise.
To get rid of the cysts already there I agree with fizzyfefe. Look into drilling.
Also look into getting on metformin. This will help with the insulin resistance that comes with pcos and should help with the weight loss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->