• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

We've found a possible name! Opinions wanted!

Rachyroux

Reaction score
Ok girlies, some of you may know my OH has been rubbish with picking names :haha: he just hasn't liked anything. And I mean anything.
But we've both found one we really like, :happydance:
Beau.
I know it's a boys name, and it means handsome/boyfriend or something in french.
But we love it and feel like it suits her,(even though we haven't met her yet!)
I'm just worried about other peoples reactions if we choose this name for her.
I know on one hand I shouldn't care what people think, but I don't want anyone mouthing it off.:cry:

If you like it for your little girl, then go for it! I wouldn't use that spelling though, as it's so obviously male ("belle" being the feminine form). How about Bo instead?

Yeah I like it for a girl, but agree I would spell it differently. Think you can also have bow/bowe?

I like boy names for girls! I had a friend named Kyle and it was perfectly suited to her.

Thanks girlies, :)
yeah we weren't keen on the spelling either, considered Bo but didn't want people to do the whole "b-o" thing.
So Bowe would be sweet. Glad I'm not the only one who likes it!, we were worried people would think we're strange but we really thing it's sweet.
xx

I love it!! there is a lil girl at my sons school called beau. I thinks its lovely xx

I like it too... very different and I like different!

Gish everyones picking names, my friends have chosen for there recent additions today! First there was Kaden in another thread, now Bo, which I think is beautiful, and vet cute by the way. Bo is the feminine way to spell it, and it was the way Bo Derek spelt it xx

I've heard it used for girls before and it's very cute, though maybe more common with public school kids at the moment like Darcy used to be. Will no doubt be more popular soon.

I know someone with a daughter named it but they spelt it Boe. I love it, very pretty xx

I love the name but my dog is call Beau so we can't use it :blush:

Love this name - its what we will be calling our baby! It has crossed my mind that IF the scan was wrong and baby was actually a girl we would still call her Beau with that spelling. Dont like Bo tbh

Honestly? I live in the US, and I know of at least three dogs named Beau (all male.) I don't know why, it's just a popular name for hunting dogs where I live. But you live in a different country, and I don't think there's nearly as many hunting dogs where you live. :) So take that with a giant grain of salt!

My dog is called Beau!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"