What a day ive had!!!

sweetcheeks85

Reaction score
So had my 38 week midwife appointment today, not seen her since 35 weeks as she was on annual leave for 2 weeks!! She asked about movements and I said yes I was getting at least 10 a day but some days the wee man was quieter than others like yesterday. She was oh we will just send u for a CTG then when u r 39 weeks :saywhat:

Anyways next it was time to measure my fundal height, according to her I was still measuring 32 weeks so my fundal height had remained static since last appointment. She asked how my growth scan had went at 36+6 and I said fine they just said the wee man was slightly below average but not worringly so. She said I would have to go for another growth scan, and I was to go to the day assesment unit today for a CTG.

Off I trot to the hospital get put on CTG, MW is not happy that growth scan appt hadnt been made so she arranges for me to go there and then. So I go for my scan and the sonagrapher nearly blew a fuse, she said it was too early to be doing a growth scan again as it hadnt even been two weeks since my last one!!! So she checks the Abdominal Circumfrence but there is no change from last time (as she predicted and had warned me about). She checked the fluids levels and blood flow through placenta which she said was fine. I am then seen by the consultant at the day bed unit, does quick palpatation and says she isnt worried about baby, she doesnt seem too impressed by my community MW and had told me not to bother going to my MW appt next week, Ive to go back to day bed unit in 2 weeks if I havent gone into labour by ive then to have another scan and to see the consultant again. She cant believe my midwife left me for 3 weeks when she had obvious concerns about babies growth!!! So im finally getting proper care albeit a bit late and 2 weeks before my due date :growlmad:

Awwww honey, all that worry for nothing! to be honest i think all the community midwives are rubbish, all mine certainly are. they really dont seem to know what they are doing and arent able to answer any real questions.

almost all the midwives i have seen at the hospital are really lovely and compitent. i would stick with them if you can. good luck though and hope all works out. bet its getting exciting now?

I totally agree with you about the community midwives, ive felt my MW was incompetent from day one but gave her the benefit of the doubt. Doesnt look like i ll be seeing her again anyways, well not until after the baby is born anyways. xoxo

I dont think there are many nice ones out there, or there all on thos ebloody tv shows!!!
I hate all of mine, havent really felt comfy with any of them, got appt with 1 of mine on friday, they just make ya feel like your just another pregnant woman, no1 has asked me about my birth plan or anything, i have to bring up questions and she just rolls eyes and says its normal etc xxx

oh god what a day you have had!!!!! Take care xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->