what a horrible night - was scared! goin to docs now :(

loopdido

Mum to 2
Reaction score
Hi

I couldn't seem to settle last night (well worse than normal) and got to just before 2am and had the most awful pain in my belly - uterus was hard like a BH but also so painful i was having to breathe through it like a contraction! I managed to get out of bed and walk a bit, which didn't ease it.:dohh:
I then felt like i needed the loo (no2) so did - felt bit better after so thought that's what caused the pain and went back to bed. Well exactly 10 mins after the first pain another came - Having already been through labour I know what a contraction feels like and this was the same- lasting 60 secs and unbearable. I then went back to the loo (as felt like that again) and had terrible diarrhoea!:nope: this went on 3 or 4 more times - with the same pain and regularly - I thought you usually have the urge to empty your bowls during early labour so was panicing! and the pains were exactly the same as labour pains with DS! I was crying 'no you can't come out now you're too little!'and swearing at the pain (just like in labour with ds, lol)

I had a scare with premature labour at 27 weeks with DS. But I layed still in bed and no more pains came and so i dozed back off - but for a moment there i was freaking out! mirren then did acrobats and kicked me loads for the next hour so i lost about 3 hours sleep! woke up today feeling ok, just exhausted and belly feels like pulled muscles!:shrug:

don't know what that was about, but don't want a repeat performance!

:hugs: Sounds scary , hope your feeling better hun

That sounds awful - If it were me I would get on the phone to the midwife right away.

wow, that would freak me out, hope you dont get anymore repeats of this.

I can totally understand you being so frightened, it doesn't help when it's the middle of the night as well. I would call your midwife this morning and just run it by her and take it easy today. Take care. x

Am feeling ok now - just had few normal BH in the early morning, then Mirren was active all day, but felt ok - just extra tired.

Can't think it was something i ate - we ate out at lunchtime, but i had the same as my DS both lunch an dinner and he was fine!

I had this and it was something I ate. Even if other people had it it can effect you differently or could have been older or stored not as well as theres. I have worked in a restaurant and food is made in batches so it could have been left over. Hope you are fine now.

I had this again yesterday evening - so have made an appt with doc today! am so worried cos my BH when pregnant with my DS started to have an effect on my cervix at 26 weeks (am 25 weeks now).

Stay put bubs - don't want a septembryo!

I'm having this today, Was very intense this morning but eased about 11am and now I'm back again with the uncomfortable feeling.

I'm not sure what to do either, let me know what happens xx

OOh hon no wonder you were scared (why do these things always come in the middle of the damn night - its such a lonely time! Let us know how you get on at the docs.xxxx

Hope all is well, let us know how you got on x

This sounds almost identical to what happened to me 3 weeks ago and gave me an awful scare, so I know how you must have felt. I thought that my baby was coming too. I have had nothing since and my midwife put it down to the fact that hubby and I had had "relations" not long before it happened, I had a little blood too though. I only had a little cramping not full on pains. Hope you are feeling much better now. x

Well doc says being as it's not a constant thing there is no immediate worry - but i am to do nothing today and tomorrow and if it happens again - call antenatel ward!

She didn't examine my cervix or anything, just checked bubs with doppler and felt my belly! she is also calling my midwife to see what she thinks - seeing as i had this with previous pregnancy. Am waiting for call back on that one!

Glad there is no immediate worry, try to take it easy today (I know, hard to do when you have an LO to look after already!). Let us know when you hear from the midwife!

Midwife just agreed with doc really - saying take it easy and if it happens again to go in to be examined.

With my DS my BH were causing my cervix to efface at 26 weeks and I was given steroids to mature his lungs in case he was born! I was then signed off work for the rest of my pregnancy and wasn't allowed to do anything, minimal walking etc. thankfully he wasn't born early, but i was a couch potato for 3 weeks causing me to put on weight and develop high bp which ended in induction!

Nothing else happened today - so fingers crossed it was like a bug or something.

Thanks for letting us know, I had a bath which helped lots and have been sat on my bum all evening - feel a lot better but it's scary isn't it!

Here's hopinh the ride is smoother for you this time round xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"