What a relief!!! (tmi warning)

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by SiBelle, Jan 26, 2011.

1. SiBelle

SiBelle Mother

A couple of weeks ago, I was having a BM and noticed quite a bit of bleeding and then a mass of tissue sticking out my vagina. My GP dr wanted to wait for ultrasounds before looking at it and ultrasounds all came back normal. :thumbup:

Well it happened again a couple of nights ago and I decided to feel it out myself. I discovered it wasn't my cervix, but a mass of tissue was attached to my cervix. I panicked and after calling telehealth (a medical phone service we have here) they suggested I go to the emergency at the hospital.

The poor young intern looked so uncomfortable, (my dh was in the room too) he only peaked from far away and of course, didn't see anything and said it would be best to wait to see a gynecologist or OB. His guess was that it was a prolaped uterus. But that would have showed up in the ultra sound!

So I called my dr and she looked at it, using the speculum. Her reaction was: "Oh, wow, I've never seen that before" and wanted to do a biopsy. Needless to say, I got scared even more. Thinking how are they going to remove this "thing" and am I ever going to have more kids or even have sex again!

I called another dr and went to see them this morning. I explained everything to her. She was very intrigued and looked at it with the speculum and said: "Oh yeah, I see exactly what you mean. Well, clearly, that's where your bleeding is coming from.". Then I started feeling discomfort, then pain, and asked what she was doing. She said: "Oh don't worry, I'm just twisting it... and there it goes!" SHE TOOK IT OUT!! It was such a relief!!

Turns out, it was just a very large polyp!

The dr. said:"It's a very large one, have only seen one that big one other time in all my carreer. I can see why other doctors would be intimidated by it, but it's out now! And your cervix is perfectly normal, no bleeding at all and everything is fine."

Now, I can enjoy my pregnancy, finally! Such a relief! :happydance:

2. sianyld

sianyld Mammy to Baby Jakey :)

oh gosh that must have been scary hun! but great news that its gone and all is ok xx

3. amanda015

amanda015 Member

ahh im glad this is sorted for you :) xx

4. Kitten

Kitten Mummy to Theakston & Nyah

Oh wow how weird, glad it was sorted and everything is OK!

5. theresarhuebb

theresarhuebb x mother of 3 x

eee my god. glad they got it out. think 1 day youll see the funny side of how you amazed the doctors x

6. SiBelle

SiBelle Mother

I felt like a specimen myself, to be honest, lol!
    So glad it's over, it's such a relief.
    Anyone else get the feeling drs are scared to touch us pregnant ladies? Even my dentist referred me to someone else! We're not that scary!

7. ChristinaRN

ChristinaRN Mother of 3, pg with #4

Wow, what an ordeal. So glad to hear it's over with and you get an explanation for what was going on. Hopefully no more bleeding and you can relax and enjoy your pregnancy.

8. BabySeal

BabySeal Mom of a Baby Boy!

Wow! I am glad it all turned out okay! Luckily you found someone who wasn't intimidated by it and handled the situation. :flower:

9. Lizzeh

Lizzeh Aurora <3

Good thing you went to see a more experienced doc about it! Glad you're ok now :D