What a waste of time!!!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by third time, Apr 8, 2009.

1. third time

third time Well-Known Member

Really unimpressed

Have been nervous all day about first midwife appointment.

It was at half 1. Waited for an hour, didn't go in til half 2 so was already a bit miffed!

Anyway, to cut a long story short, had a double appointment as was first one and it lasted the whole of 5 minutes. I went to my doctors which is in between 2 maternity hospitals, so I've chosen the one nearest to me - SH for those of you who live in my area! The midwife told me that they only deal with one of the hospitals and so couldn't really tell me much. She said that she would fill in a referal form for the hospital and that was pretty much that. I was given a book to read through, no notes or anything to take with me when I go, no what I should or shouldn't be doing, no medical history (ectopic and miscarriage!!!!). And to top it off she said she didn't think I'd get another scan as I had one at 8 weeks! Am really peed off!!!

Sorry rant over now.

Amy xx

2. third time

And she said my dates were different said due date was 4 nov - how when I'm 9+1???

3. elainegee

elainegee Well-Known Member

so would i be ! get on the phone to the doctor and complain. She should of given you advice on what to eat etc and at the most take down past medical history for the refferal form!! i would be fuming xx

4. third time

:growlmad: Am going to ring the doctors in the morning, got an appointment next week and might mention something then, it was like "well... you're not going to use our hospital so we're not really interested!!!" well that's how it felt anyway!!!

5. moomoo

moomoo Mumma to 2 & 1 in heaven!

I had a midwife like this for my last pregnancy and in the end she got the sack... they should be spending a lot more time on you than that..plus she sould have taken bloods too xx

6. third time

I know just spoken to one of my friends and she said the same thing!!!! ARGHHHHHHH!!

7. clarabella

clarabella DH, DD & 2 cats!

Oh, i'm so mad for you! What a way to be treated. You should do some :hissy: and definately complain to your doctor! There's such a huge difference between an 8 week scan and a 12 week scan, so why shouldn't you have another one??? Horrible woman!

:hug:

8. MissyMojo

MissyMojo Army Wife, Mam & BFP

aww hunni xxxx
    i had my midwofe apt today and it lasted over an hour, talked through screening options, hospital prefernces took 5 vials of blood was weighed and talked to for ages and came away with a lot of leaflets and books
    i would geet on the fone and start complaining, they should be treating u like that!!

9. third time

Actually thinking of changing my doctors to one a bit nearer, the onthe one is a 10 minute drive so not too far!! But maybe this will help???

I think I will ring the hospital they're refering me to just to make sure that I get a proper first appointment and stuff.

Still a bit mad!!

10. jlon

jlon Well-Known Member

I went to see the doctor and midwife yesterday and came out feeling completely disappointed. They did nothing but tell me information I already knew! I wanted reassurance and help and things to get moving. Was told though that they would send a letter to get me in for a scan but it could take up to my 13th week.

I didn't even know you could get an 8 week scan! How do you get one?

11. Terri1985

Terri1985 Well-Known Member

Hi hun, that's a bit crap really, and I'm sorry that you had a bad time of it. As for she doesnt think you will get another scan thats crap! If you had an 8week scan because of worry over miscarriage/other problems they do the 12week scan too as a check up and to put your mind at rest as well as every woman likes to get the 12week scan pic for their records, not to mention most women feel very tense til they reach that 12week milestone and see the baby moving.
    Good luck with the change of drs and better care! :hug:

12. third time

Hi, I had a bit of bleeding so they di me a few scans one a 5 weeks and one at 8, I have a history of miscarriage and ectopic so they have to be sure. Fingers crossed this ones alright!!

It's so annoying when you feel let down, I was nervous but excited and now feel as if I know nothing more, I have no idea when I go to anything, when I get my bloods done etc...

13. third time

OK just to rant even more, I phoned the hospital today just to make sure that they had received the referal fax that my 'midwife' said se would yesterday and they haven't received - marvellous and there are no midwives back in until wednesday

14. Rebaby

Rebaby Mum to 2 boys

Aww hun that's a crappy start for you :hugs:

At my 1st appointment she congratulated me, asked how i was, then gave me the options on where to go. I picked, she filled in a referral form. She asked if i had relevant past medical history, i told her about the MC and she rang EPAU and arranged an early scan.

She asked me about screening, and gave me some information leaflets. She talked about what to be eating and what not to be eating. I did have my blood taken but only because i opted in for a trial they are doing re: screening for sickle cell and thallassemia in caucasian populations, i don't think they run it for anything else.

Then she told me they'd see me again after my dating scan and good luck. I also have a list of numbers if i want to contact someone.

I am sorry you feel let down, definitely look into other options if you are not happy. Pregnancy is stressful enough without not liking your care provider.

Hope things work out ok :hug: