What about our men while we WTT?

Sakura15

Reaction score
Are your OHs doing anything to enhance their health and fertility while you WTT? My OH is convinced he's got good swimmers as we conceived unexpectedly before. I have no real reason to disagree - he's a fitness buff and in good shape. But my libido has always been higher than his, and his sleep patterns are weird.....

I've read about herbs like ginseng that are supposed to boost male fertility, and my grandmother once warned me about cooking with a particular kind of thyme because it lowers sperm count. I wonder if there's anything I can throw in the pot to help him optimise his health?

What are your OHs doing?

My husband was the opposite, and thought we would have trouble conceiving. The fact I got pregnant on the second cycle surprised us both. :haha:

Hubby has been working out (part of his job description), but he has started to do it more and is watching what he eats. Probably won't pursue any kind of "boosters" unless we've been trying for over a year with no luck.

Maybe suggest he have a check-up to make sure there aren't any undiagnosed medical problems that could interfere with fertility?

Mine is taking a multivitamin and folic acid (I read somewhere men should take 600mgs) he thinks it'll will be fast to conceive of we really try. He is also starting to eat less junk food and will be starting an exercise soon...

OH eats really well and is very active anyway, doenst smoke, dosent drink excessivly etc so really the only thing he could change is maybe having the odd extra peice of fruit. It's more just putting up with me going on about having a baby non stop lol! I really hope I catch quickly after waiting such a long time to even start ttc.

Thanks, ladies!

Quite right, Iveneverseen!

Kitteh_Kat, I agree that a check-up might be a good idea. I'll see what he thinks.

Angel_blues, I actually just ordered him a multivitamin which just happens to have folic acid :) He said he'll take it, we'll see how that goes. I'll do some research on folic acid for men.

Twinmum87, the reason I'm on here is to save him from the non-stop baby talk! How long have you been WTT and when do you plan to TTC?

Haha same here! I would mention it like 100 times more a day if it wasn't for the forum lol! Not long left to wait but the closer it gets the longer every day drags by! Next cycle begins March 12 then it's TTC time :happydance:

We have been planning to start TTC this year for almost 18 months, been renovating a house and will be fully moven in within the next 6weeks :) fell pregnant whilst on the pill in May last year and had a mc so even thou we wernt ttc at the time we did desperately want it and woukd have just been a very much loved and welcomed early surprise so that just made even harder to keep waiting when I should have had a 2 month old baby in my arms right now.

How much longer do you have to wait?

My DH isn't as proactive when it comes to preparing for ttc as I am, although he has read some books about parenting, as this will be our first. I am planning to schedule preconception check ups at the doctor for both of us. i also got him some multivitamins and maca root to help the swimmers. He liked the idea of the vitamins, maca and doctor appointment because he's really into health and fitness already. I think he kind of assumes i'll just tell him whatever he needs to do when it comes to ttc. lol

My DH isn't as proactive when it comes to preparing for ttc as I am, although he has read some books about parenting, as this will be our first. I am planning to schedule preconception check ups at the doctor for both of us. i also got him some multivitamins and maca root to help the swimmers. He liked the idea of the vitamins, maca and doctor appointment because he's really into health and fitness already. I think he kind of assumes i'll just tell him whatever he needs to do when it comes to ttc. lol

Lmao mine I'll just have to say "bed now!" who would turn that down!?

My OH and I have been planning out TTC timing since we got married 3.5 years ago, and we're both very ready and excited. However, he has always been very laid back and things have always just fallen in his lap with little effort. So while I'm reading up on everything and tracking what my body is doing, he's frustrated that I'm worrying myself and would rather just let nature take its course without our interference. I, however, will have to be searching for a new job should we not fall pregnant soon after trying, so I'm eager for things to work quickly. He's getting better now, but as of a month ago, any time Id try to bring up anything related to TTC he'd get frustrated with my worries, especially if I suggested he do anything. One thing I asked of him is to not drink unless its a major event (for example we have a wedding this weekend), but it's been a fight. I feel like I'm doing all these things to prepare and he could care less. It's VERY frustrating!!

Rant over. I'm definitely on here to be with women who understand where I'm at, as the women around me are either not trying, or aren't the type to share their efforts. Because of that, when I share my efforts with my OH, because he hasn't heard other couples talking about it, I'm therefore OTT or worrying too much, or crazy.

I know if it takes more than a couple months, I will put my foot down with him about making some changes.

That's exciting, twinmum87. I had a very very similar experience last year - got pregnant on bc and had a mc in April. We will start TTC in August so 5 cycles to go :)

Haven't heard about the maca root, Earthlylove - gonna add that to the research list!

Lol Angel_blues! Honestly though, I'm not unaccustomed to hearing 'no' sometimes. Seriously considering getting sexier sheets and stocking up on lingerie over the next few months to hedge my bets!

I hear your frustrations, Emmymommy. Much as we love our OHs, we can't control them (although I sometimes wish I could!). I've been learning more and more how to accept that we don't feel exactly the same way about preparing to TTC. I'm managing and controlling what I can (anything that has to do with me), and accepting the rest. I know that he cares, and if it takes us a while to conceive, I can only hope he'd be willing to be even more intentional with his side of things. Fingers crossed for you that all goes well nonetheless! When do you plan to TTC?

He has the easy part, nothing!

Meanwhile I've sworn off junk food, sodas, will start taking folic acid soon, and working my butt off at the gym 5 days a week to hopefully lose the 10lbs of baby weight that never went away when I was pregnant with my son before I fall pregnant again.

I use to hear no, then we had a deep heart felt conversation about why. Turns out the 20lbs I had gained wasn't very attractive to him... I understood whole heartedly and I set out on a mission to loose that weight.

Not saying that is he reason but I'm sure there's a good logical reason :)

:) Fair enough, Angel_blues.

I think my libido is just higher. Strangely we seem to have the gender roles swapped. I'm ready anytime anywhere :blush: - he needs to be relaxed, in the right mood, have enough time, etc. With our current schedules, that means weekdays are generally out. That will change after June though - I'll be finished my Master's coursework then.

I'm glad too that we've put off TTC even though I've been aching for motherhood for a while now, it means we both understand each other better and I can plan accordingly :winkwink:

Sakura15 we're trying after this cycle which will end at the end of the month (finally)!

Sakura15 we're trying after this cycle which will end at the end of the month (finally)!

:happydance: That's exciting! I actually giggled, lol. Hope you have a healthy month! Lots of baby dust for April!

My husband is doing nothing! lol... although I hadn't thought of it before perhaps I will consult Dr. Google for some things he can do ;)
He is convinced that when we start trying all he'll have to do is look at me and I'll get pregnant... lol. I'm trying to teach him about the TTC world as I learn.

My husband will do as he is told :haha:. Not really, but he won't really do anything unless I ask him to. He compensates for my infertility problems though. I have PCOS so he had to get tested last time to see if we were good candidates to take clomid. It turns out he was WAY above average in regards to sperm count and very good quality too so I think I'll let him be this time around hahah

He is convinced that when we start trying all he'll have to do is look at me and I'll get pregnant... lol. I'm trying to teach him about the TTC world as I learn.
Lol! Hahahaha...
I'm actually trying intentionally not to share too much with mine, I'm wary of making him feel too pressured once things get rolling. Do you find that your OH is interested? Does he find the information helpful?

My husband will do as he is told :haha:. Not really, but he won't really do anything unless I ask him to. He compensates for my infertility problems though. I have PCOS so he had to get tested last time to see if we were good candidates to take clomid. It turns out he was WAY above average in regards to sperm count and very good quality too so I think I'll let him be this time around hahah

Wowza. That's great. I'd love to know what OHs sperm count and quality is like, but I guess it's not really necessary unless we encounter trouble conceiving? I'm guessing you did turn out to be a good candidate for Clomid?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->