What age did you baby sit unaided

6 months actual, around 5 months adjusted. He sits well now, but still forgets and throws himself backwards occasionally.

Started as soon as he turned 5 months and then after a week or two he could stay sitting.

If I put him in a sitting position he probably could but we avoid doing that. He isn't able to get from lying down to sitting on his own yet, he's 8.5 months. Just started creeping

My first was 4 months

My second is 3.5 months and is trying to sit up but can't yet

Mine has been trying to a little bit lately(hes nearly 5 months)...only for about a minute at a time before toppling over. The other day he bonked his head on the carpet floor after trying to sit...I felt so bad! He didn't even cry though so it must not have hurt..

8 months .. She would some what sit up before that but not for a long period of time around 8 months she started getting super comfortable .. she started crawling before she sat up comfortable.

5 months here. I wouldn't worry though, they are all so different. Your LO is probably perfecting a different skill xxx

LO will be 6 months on Saturday but hasn't yet. Well she can for a few seconds...any tips on how to help them?

Gracie was 9 months? That sounds right. She was regularly seeing a Occupational therapist for her hand and the OT said she wasn't worried and wouldn't be worried until 10 months.

6 months, he can sit on his mat for quite sustained periods of time playing with something (with cushions or me as backup for falls), with the occasional wobble off to the side if something catches his eye and he moves too quickly. However, you mentioned highchairs, my boy still looks ridiculous when I feed him!! Kind of slumped and odd like he isn't sitting properly. :shrug: They are all oddballs and do things when ready I wouldnt worry

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"