What age did you "see yourself" having your first?

Springermommy

Reaction score
When we were kids/teens, I think a lot of us had a certain age in-mind in that we would have our first child.
What age did you "see yourself" having your first?
Did that end up happening for you? Or was/will it be sooner/later than you originally thought?

When I was younger, I always thought I would have my first at 23 or 24. I thought I would graduate from college, marry right away, possibly wait a year or less, then have a baby.
Life turned out quite a bit differently! I did get married a year after being done with my undergrad, but unfortunately, it was a huge mistake and we divorced 2 years later. In 2012, I married my best friend of 8 years and then decided to go to grad school in the fall of this year. If things go as planned, I'll be 29 when we have our first... 10 years ago, I never would have guessed I'd be that age when I had my first!
The way life turns out is definitely interesting!!

When I was in school age 13-14I didnt want kids until my late 20s, I wanted a great career. I met my bf when I was 15 and by the time I was 19 I started getting broody and decided I wanted to be pregnant at 21, and I would love to have a young family! Im now 22 and ddoubt it will happen Any time soon :(

29 has been the age until 2011 when I wanted the age of 27 , I may be 26 when our baby is born(depending if we conceive in honeymoon) If not then we will be waiting until I'm 27 to try

Growing up I always thought 25. Then once I was with DF I always thought 24. But if all goes to plan I'll be 23 when I have my first as the time feels right and I just can't wait anymore! :D But if we take longer than 8 months to conceive, I'll be 24 when I give birth anyway.

I'm 29 and will probably be 30 by the time I have a child! I thought for sure I'd have at least one by now. I do take stock in the fact though that I'm doing what's right for my future child by educating myself and making sure I am "ready" for him/her. I was engaged and had a has with my ex and that didn't work out and now I'm happily married as well. He already has a child with his ex so he's been there done that but I don't think he'd mind having another one being he's been asking me when we want to start trying! He won't admit it but I think he's just as excited as I am :)

Lexi I feel exactly the same way about doing the right thing for the baby and waiting!

I flip flopped a lot. I used to want to have a baby really soon. Like 19 or 20 haha but with my first bf I remember telling him that I didn't want kids until I was 28 or 29. I wanted to really get everything planned out in life and be extra ready and to have lived my "young days". Now with my DH I am just so ready now (23). If we conceive once we start trying I will be 24 almost 25 when we have baby. Which is think is right for us.

Before I met my ex I planned on having kids when I was 23ish. I wanted to go to college, graduate, get married, and have babies.

However, I got pregnant and had our first when I was 16, our second when I was 18, and our third when I was 20. Because of that, I planned to be done having kids by the time I was 23 (we planned on four). But life came in and decided to change all that. :haha: So now my new plan is to hopefully start TTC again when I'm 24 and have my last by 27. I'm 22 now and would like two more. But, I'm not too worried about it. Everything will happen in its own time. :)

Younger than I am now :( I'm 32 now, and will be at least 33 when I have our first. When I was younger I didn't think I wanted kids at all, but I think it was more the idea that I couldn't see myself as a mother. That changed when I met my hubby, and though we agreed we wanted them, we didn't set a timeframe. When I really started thinking about it, I thought I'd be 30 or 31 when we had our first, but it just hasn't worked out that way.

I thought i'd start making babies in my late 20's early 30's but I had my first when I was 23.

I always thought I'd be 27 - it was kind of drilled into me that it was the perfect age from my family. I'll be starting to TTC when I'm 24 though.

I always thought I'd have my first at 23 or 24. I'll be 26 (at the earliest) when we have our first.

Growing up I didn't want children. Then at 21 a switch flipped and I had to have one now. I even convinced myself I was pregnant a time or two. My now ex-husband and I agreed we could start at 25. Well things didn't work out, so it wasn't until I turned 27 that I had my first. She was well worth the wait though, and I was able to have her with the man of my dreams, so no complaints here!

Funny enough, hubby and I had planned to start when we were 29-30. The baby bug hit me again last summer, and thankfully he had no probem with moving our plan forward a few years. :happydance:

My mum was 22 when she had me and I always liked having a young mum (compared to the other girls' mums) so I thought I would also have my kids young. After I started university though I got distracted by science and a career and bad break-up and an international move and an interstate move and meeting/falling in love with/marrying my husband, so it wasn't until I was 30 that the urge for kids came back! Now I'm 31 and hoping to have my first when I'm 32.

I can't really remember an age I expected to have children but about a year after we got married, so when I was 24, I was really ready for a baby but i then decided to go back to university for a grad dip and that delayed babies by a year, then I have had to work a year towards my two year registration... I hope to be 27 when I have our baby, and I turn 27 next month!

I did not think I would have any until I was 25, I had my first at 22, and 2nd right before my 25th, and for the longest time I didn't even want children, now we are planning our 3rd....two entirely different worlds here

I never really thought about an exact age but always assumed it would be around my late 20's and that I'd only have 2 children. I had my first at 21 and my second at 23 and we definitely plan on having another 1 or 2, very different from anything I ever imagined.

I think I thought I'd have been about 22 which I now think was a bit ambitious! I am 23 now and think I will be 25/26 by the time I will have my first and OH will be 27.

TBH I never even thought about having children. I never even had the dream to have the "big" wedding. I was a tom boy and had more dreams about the "career" than weddings and babies. As soon as I found my soulmate, that all changed.

I met DH when I was 22, we got married (IN LAS VEGAS - still didn't want the BIG wedding) when I was 28 and we got the baby bug when I was 30 and we had DS when I was 31.

SO I think I was more focused on my career and if life "happened" then I would just go with the flow. Even though I never seen myself in the future with children, I wouldn't EVER change it for the world now that I am a mom and I only wanted to have them with DH!

I always thought I'd have mis first just before my 25th birthday but that is physically impossible as I'm 25 in July next year! I'm hopeful it'll be in the next year or two, then I won't be that far off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->