What age did you "see yourself" having your first?

My plan was engaged at 21, married at 23, kids at 26&29. I was.engaged the day before my 22nd birthday, married at 23 but looking to have first child at 28 and second in early 30s now.

I am 28 now and if all goes well I will be 29 when I have my first one. (starting TTC this month)

My mom had my brother & I by the time she was 21. I saw myself as a young mother, but preferrably not that young. My ideal age for LO #1 has always been 26. And at the rate OH & I are going, that looks to be about right! We're engaged to be engaged now, and I'm 23. We're talking about getting married in Summer of 2015, and TTC soon after that. Meaning I'll be 26 if things go smoothly.

HOWEVER, when he gets home from deployment in April, the only birth control we'll be using is charting, so we'll see if our plan works out that way :winkwink:

I always thought I'd be about 26. I'm 26 now and ds is 2. I thought I'd have finished having kids by 30/32 but we've got a bigger gap than I hoped for so I wish I'd started sooner. Xx

I always thought I'd be younger than my mom when I had kids (she had me at 29 and I'm the oldest). But then my DH and I started traveling and he went back to school and we were engaged for a year and half and well.... I'm turning 30 in less than 9 months so so much for that plan! I'm at peace with it though. We've gotten to do some cool things and I've loved my 20's just the way they were. I'll be 30 or 31 when we have our first and I expect to have a 2nd (of course plans change but theoretically) a couple of years later. We'll see after that.

In my early twenties I went through phases of thinking I'd be about 25 and then phases of thinking I'd be 30. I'm now 28 and will be 29 when our first is born (if we're lucky) so I'm still within my predicted age rage...just! :)

I originally wanted to be an older mom (late 30's) because my career is really time-demanding and I wanted to wait until I was well established. I met my husband when I was 20 and he wanted kids in his early to mid 20s. We agreed to meet in the middle and I had my first at age 30. We had trouble getting pregnant and I'm so glad I didn't wait until my late 30s to start trying because that would have made it much tougher for us. The timing worked out really well for me and I'm excited to try for a 2nd.

I was convinced I would be a teen mum for most of my teenage years, especially when I met my fiance and starting having sex :blush: My family going back to my great-great-great-great gran have all been teen parents, I'm the first to break that trend, now I'm thinking 22-23 :haha:

I was convinced I would be a teen mum for most of my teenage years, especially when I met my fiance and starting having sex :blush: My family going back to my great-great-great-great gran have all been teen parents, I'm the first to break that trend, now I'm thinking 22-23 :haha:

I'm the same as you. I didn't think I'd be a teen mom exactly, but I lost my virginity to my now fiance at 17 and at the time was totally okay with getting pregnant (until I had a pregnancy scare, which knocked some sense into me thankfully). I'm making 20 in May so I will have officially broken the trend in my family of teen pregnancies, woohoo! Also, hoping to start trying by 22-23 (when I graduate from college). I definitely would like to have my first before 25.

I've always known I was going to adopt, because it's something I feel very strongly about. However, when I got together with my husband, I realized that I really wanted to have a child physically with him. It was really weird actually LOL. I definitely planned on having kids in one way or another by about 25 or 26. If TTC goes well, I will have a baby at 27 or 28. After that we will wait a few years and then adopt two kids. So I guess not too far off?

I always thought I would have my first around age 26 or 27. Like a few other posters, my family has a long history of young moms. My own mom had me just before her 19th birthday! I wanted to get school finished and do a bunch of traveling before I had kids. But traveling has turned into a few years here and there of living overseas (1 year in China, then 1 in Australia, then 3 back in China) for work. Plus, DH comes from a family of women who tend to have their kids later in life (his mom had him, her 4th and youngest baby, at age 40) so for him, it was the norm to wait a while.

We're FINALLY starting TTC in February, and I'll be 32.5...it's a little later than I wanted, and I'm a bit nervous because I know that I want to try for at least 2 children and I personally want to be done TTC before 40. I just hope everything works out...

I always thought early twenties, and still hoping for that. A psychic told my mum years ago I'd have twins at 24. I'm 22 just now so we'll see...:haha:

I thought for sure I'd have kids by now...my sister had all 3 of her kids before 30, my mom had my brother at 20 and me at 24 lol.... but I won't be trying until I'm 26 next year, lol. Weird how that works!

I never really thought of an age when I was younger but now I want to have children within 2 or 3-5 years.

I didn't really think about it to be honest. I knew for sure I'd be older than my mother and sister (17/18). I was 22 when my son was born, that makes me a geriatric mother in our family.

I thought I'd be in mid 30s or so when I've had children- that is if I had any. Had just turned 28 when I had my first.

I knew I wanted to have children since my brother started his family when I was 15. But I was happy being an aunt - love 'em and leave 'em - until last year. Now, I have the baby bug. We're waiting until the end of February to start trying for our first and I will be 30! Absolutely no regrets, life has been good to us! Hopefully, it just gets better!!

When I was younger, I wanted my first at 20, my second at 23, my third at 24 and my fourth at 27. I had everything planned out. I'm 27 at the moment, given up on waiting for Mr Right, so I'm going it alone. It'll be at least another couple of months before I start TTC, so I'll be at least 28 before I have a baby.

I said 25 so it all goes well we should be on track

aww lovely stories girlies

when i was 15/16 i always thought id be late twenties/early thirties before i had my first,
i met my eldest sons dad when i was 19, i got preg a year or so later and had a late mc, which was awful, and it was then we decided to ttc for another and it would be lovely to have a baby young, my DS was born in 1998 when i was 21. we then split up in 2003.

then ten years after my first son, in 2008, i had my second son, at 31, then my third son at 33 in 2010..... so a big age gap between my first two then a small between my second and third :) :) :)

now my circumstances have changed,and ive met my soulmate, we are hoping for our own together in the next 2 years or so (im now 36) after he has a hopefully sucessful reversal :) :) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"