What age did you "see yourself" having your first?

I always hoped i'd have at least 1 before I was 30 which I did (had DD at 27 and #2 is due a month after my 30th!) but I didn't have a particular age in mind.

I'd always thought late 20s or early 30s if I was to have kids at all! Then I met my now husband at 18 and suddenly got incredibly broody! I was 21 when we married and started ttc our 1st and I'd been broody for about 3 years by then, at least a year of that being almost debilitatingly so, and then I fell pregnant with my 1st a year later at 22 and she was born when I was 23. I'm now 25 and a mum of 2 and I love it! Hopefully I'll be ttc our 3rd soon and will be a mum of 4 by the time I'm 30!

Beca :wave:

I thought by the time I was 25 or 26. It's funny how 'old' that seems when you're a teenager! Then you get there and your boyfriend isn't ready or you're too busy living life, enjoying time with friends and spending your hard earned money on fun, festivals and holidays! Now I'm 28 and OH is 29 and we are both ready and almost in the right place that we have been waiting for, and I will be 29 or 30 by the time I have my first. Later than I wanted/imagined but this is the right time, whereas before while we would have been fine, we hadn't done everything we wanted and weren't in such a stable place financially.

When we were kids/teens, I think a lot of us had a certain age in-mind in that we would have our first child.
What age did you "see yourself" having your first?
Did that end up happening for you? Or was/will it be sooner/later than you originally thought?

When I was younger, I always thought I would have my first at 23 or 24. I thought I would graduate from college, marry right away, possibly wait a year or less, then have a baby.
Life turned out quite a bit differently! I did get married a year after being done with my undergrad, but unfortunately, it was a huge mistake and we divorced 2 years later. In 2012, I married my best friend of 8 years and then decided to go to grad school in the fall of this year. If things go as planned, I'll be 29 when we have our first... 10 years ago, I never would have guessed I'd be that age when I had my first!
The way life turns out is definitely interesting!!

Growing up I lived (and still live) in a council estate, nothing wrong with it, but a lot of the young girls in high school would get pregnant so i thought that was the norm, to get pregnant in school or college so I thought i would have one by now, aged 20, but then as I actually grew up I realized I want to have a house (just a council im not fussy) BEFORE we try, I want to be married first etc, I'm hoping I wont be waiting much longer! I'm 21 next wednesday and will be waiting another 3 years minimum, I am going to do my hnd at college, I am unsure of whether to take it to degree or go back to full time work after that. I work full time and part time now and would keep doing t but i always liked the sound of the hnd and planned to do it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->