What age did your Lo start sitting up and crawling??

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by dollych, Jan 28, 2011.

1. dollych

dollych Well-Known Member

Hi,
    My Lo is 7 months old now. He can roll onto his tummy and support himself on his arms (but not back again) and is trying to sit up on his own but can only sit unaided for about 5 seconds. He isn't making any real attempt to crawl. I was just wondering what the average age is that babies start to crawl?. I know every baby is different but I'm just a bit worried that he should be sitting up by now and trying to crawl!!.

2. Lara310809

Lara310809 Mum of 3 girls

Sitting up unaided @ 7m

She's 9m now and on the verge of crawling, but it could still take a few weeks. One thing I've learned is that being "on the verge" of doing something, doesn't necessarily mean they're going to do it soon!

3. Natasha2605

Natasha2605 2 girlies <3

Em sitting up for long periods of time was about 5 months and crawling was 6.5. One thing this site has taught me is the vast difference in age babies do things, try not to worry hun :)

Laura: That lil quote thing in your sig is so sweet! xx

4. littleblonde

littleblonde kacey and sophie

Sitting up for a period of time was 6months. But she learnt to sit from laying down and crawling on the same day and was 8mth. They say they normally do both close together

5. Kalah

Kalah Guest

She started army crawling at 6.5 months and is pretty good at it now and has recently started rocking back and forth all the way off the ground and attempting to crawl that way, but she still falls on her belly since she's not quite strong enough yet!

She can't sit up without me yet though, she falls over pretty quick since she hasn't figured out how to balance in that position when she reaches for things.

6. BunnyFace

BunnyFace Mummy

Sitting up- 5 months
    Crawling - 7 months

:)

7. Scampie

Scampie Mummy to Sam and Finn!

We had sitting at 5 months then nothing till now. He started rolling about, then 2 weeks later army crawling n about 5 days later was crawling and sitting himself up from laying and also walking with me holding his hands yesterday! This has all happened in the past week other than the rolling! Now nothings safe, lol. He never really even lifted himself up off the floor till he started crawling.

Dont rush it hun, your lo will crawl when they are ready. For now just enjoy your wires being safe and your furniture not being a hazard x

8. Lost_Plot

Lost_Plot GADOING GADADOING DOING

Sitting up at 5 months he's getting better and better at it. Only been rolling for a week. As far as crawling goes he can stick his bum in the air and then gets angry cos he can't do his arms yet.

9. tammii1981

tammii1981 New mummy to Ruby Belle

Ruby was sitting unaided at 5 months but hasn't even attempted to crawl yet. She lays on her belly and sticks her bum high in the air, but I don't think her arms are strong enough yet to support herself enough to crawl.

Like one of the other ladies mentioned, I too have learnt how vastly different babies learn since being on this forum! X

10. eddjanuary10

eddjanuary10 Well-Known Member

Hi! Ihsan was sitting up at 6months and crawling at 9months x

11. CocoaOne

CocoaOne Well-Known Member

Sitting unaided for long periods of time - 5 months
    Crawling - 8 months

12. greenlady

greenlady Mum of two gorgeous girls

Flora was sitting up unaided at 6 months, and crawling about 8.5 months x

13. kmac625

kmac625 Mom to baby Clara

Clara started rolling at 3 months, going backwards by pushing herself at 4 months and sitting unaided for long periods of time at 4.5 months. She first started attempting to go forward commando style at 5 months and now at 5.5 months she's like a fast inchworm lol.

14. Seity

Seity Mom to Gabriel and Samuel

Crawling - 6 months
    Sitting up unaided - 10 months

15. honeygrl

honeygrl Well-Known Member

Sitting up at 5 1/2mths, crawling at 6mths. Started pulling up right away after crawling and was cruising well by 7mths. He's almost 10mths now and keeps trying to take a step but falls down because he gets too excited about it... but he can stand in one spot without holding on.

I think the key may be how much time they spend on the floor having tummy time. Beau has always spent most of his day on the floor unless he's eating or going to sleep because he's always been to heavy for me to hold a whole lot. Luckily he is a good floor baby and prefers the independence. Some babies don't like floor time as much so don't get as much time to build up those muscles and some just are more laid back about getting on the move... Beau has ALWAYS been terribly impatient to get where he wants to be and to grab what he wants to play with so I always kept a few fun things just out of reach to give him a reason to get moving. Made him really mad at first but eventually he figured it out.

Definitely wouldn't rush it though because it's HARD once they are able to get into EVERYTHING. The poor cat is constantly on the run!!

16. Mum2b_Claire

Mum2b_Claire Mummy to Ruby & Scarlett!

Sitting unaided - just before 6 months, although she could do it for short periods from 5 months

Crawling - 10.5 months

17. DaisyBee

DaisyBee Mom of 2

Megan didnt army crawl til 9mo & didnt hands and knees crawl til 10 1/2 months.

She was sitting unsupported at 6mo. She couldnt get from laying down to sitting though til right when she army crawled.

She spent most of her time on the floor - it just took her longer to figure it out. She just went in circles for months!

18. lauren28

lauren28 Well-Known Member

Leah was sitting at 5 months and then crawled at 5 1/2 months. Like some All babies do things at different times though. A baby down the road from me just turned 1 and hasn't attempted to crawl yet.

19. ellie27

ellie27 Well-Known Member

Anna could sit comfortable unsupported for as long as she wanted really from around 6.5 months.

She crawled at 10.5 months.:flower:

20. Nic1107

Nic1107 Mommy to a toddler

Carmen could sit unaided at about 5.5 months, but couldn't get herself from laying down to sitting until around 7-8 months.
    She started crawling at 9 months and never army-crawled. :)