What age did your Lo start sitting up and crawling??

Sitting unaided for long periods of time just over 5months. Kinda army crawling 7months properly crawling 8months 3days xx

Sitting unaided at 5 months, crawling at 9 months xx

sitting up unaided - first time was around 5.5 months, but still ver wobbly. she's only really mastered it properly in the last couple of weeks and is a real pro now. she's not crawling yet, but keeps trying, but rolls instead

My little man was sitting a 5 months and crawling about 7.5-8 months and walked right on his first Birthday.

https://global.thebump.com/tickers/ttd401a.aspx

Brian was a very early sitter, started doing it for 10-15 seconds at 4.5 months and completly by 5 months but hes now nearly 11 months and only just started crawling and it isnt even a proper crawl more like an army one.
He just rolled to where ever he wanted to be, he was like a little sideways tornado :)
Both his daddy and me skipped crawling alltogether and just went from bum shuffling to standing then walking so I think they all just get round to it when they feel like it and it isnt even realy needed.
Crawling is one of those if they can be bothered type milestones, they soon find their own way of getting around :)

Sitting for short periods at 4 months (have a pic of her dated 24 August, sitting, and she was 17 weeks on 20th). Sitting sturdily from about 5 months. I felt confident enough to leave her sat somewhere without holding my hands behind her 'just in case' by the time she was about 6.5 months.
Army crawling - ages ago and I feel really guilty that I can't even pinpoint a date. She kind of likes to bum shuffle more and has been able to move round a room quite efficiently without crawling, since around 5 months. :shrug: Not sure when or even IF she will crawl as she already pulls to standng and let go of the table the other day and stood for a few seconds. So maybe she won't crawl? She does get in crawling stance and can move backwards from it, rocks, seems to move round the room like I said, but no proper crawling yet.

Babies do stuff when they are ready. Remember also that if your baby was overdue or early, that does factor in. Babies who may have been born the same day as yours but were due say 2 weeks before yours, may appear to be ahead in terms of development. Of course there are babies who are at different stages, but we should also remember that as humans, we are the only mammals whose gestation continues outside the womb, so our devt begins the day we become a zygote! A baby born at 42 weeks has already had a 2 week headstart over a baby who was born at 40 weeks... A baby born at 36 weeks has been born into the world having done 4 weeks less brain devt than a baby born at 40 weeks. That all counts for something.

Babies are just different. Adults are all different. My reception teacher could balance a window poll on her thumb; I can't. My brother can touch his nose with his tongue; I can't. I can touch the floor with the palms of my hands; my husband can't.

Try not to worry about it. It will be so special when your baby hits these milestones.

It seems like I'm the only one who has a baby who could crawl before they could sit.

Emma crawled before she sat too!! Crawled at 5 months and sat up for long periods of time at 6 months. :D She could sit up for a few seconds at 5 months but I didn't count it until she could do it for a while. :flower:

My daughter who is now 7 did not sit up until 9 months and crawled at 12 months. Harrison is only 13wks, so I have it all to come again :)

They all learn at their own pace and I am making the most of the baby stage,
Xxx

Stella sat and crawled the same day 6months-2 days.

Sitting unaided at 5 half months.

Attempting to crawl NOW (6months).

Ur LO may skip crawling hub and just lull himself up to walk. My hubby did this at 9 months apparently and so did my brother at 10 months. He used to just bum shuffle then suddenly pulled up to stand and walked!

LO took ages to sit up. He was about 8 months before he could sit unaided in his high chair and really only started to sit up and play at 10 months ish. However, he learnt to crawl at 8 months and is an expert crawler now at nearly 11 months and pulls himself up on everything and is working on walking. So all babies are different.

sitting up long periods unaided : 6mths
army crawl : 5mths
sitting up by herself from rolling onto side unaided : 6.5mths
crawling BACKWARDS (WTF??!!) : 7mths
x

It seems like I'm the only one who has a baby who could crawl before they could sit.

Just saw your post! My LO was like this too. He learnt to crawl before he was able to sit up confidently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->