What age do they start caring about toys?

jocelynmarie

Reaction score
Aidan has a few toys, but he could care less about any of them, is this normal at his age? I'm online browsing right now trying to get ideas for Christmas presents for him, but I want to make sure I buy things he'll actually like!

Any suggestions?

alexa has a bee from ELC you can get it in boots she adores it sometime she cries if you take it away bless her ill see if i can find the link for it everyoe i knowwho has this bee there kids are infatuated with it lol

this is the newer version of the one i have its amazing :)

https://www.boots.com/en/ELC-Busy-Bugs-Activity-Bug_16790/

recently i would say abou 2-4 months old she likes to play with it and cuddle it and crinkles the wings on it as a comforter :)

ooo her jumperoo too we couldnt live without that my gosh she cries when she sees it till we put her in it lol she would bounce away in there for hours if you let her lol

Babies don't usually "play" with toys until around 4 months, give or take a few weeks. I like the Lamaze toys, they are colorful and have many things to do on the toy. My 10 month old is still playing with them.

Thanks! Wasn't sure if I should be worried or not. He doesn't have any interest in them at all even when I try showing him and having him hold them to rattle them around. He's very alert though and loves looking around. I think I'm going to get him a jumperoo for x-mas... hopefully he'll like that!

I would say my LO properly started playing with toys around 16 weeks. She loves her Lamaze toys!

LO will be almost 4 months at Christmas, so seems like a perfect time for the influx of toys he's going to get!

My eldest didn't really become interested until four to five months old. Even then, it was just a short play and he was bored. Loads od toys is pretty unnecessary until they are like, one.

i wouldnt worry hun, my lo is 3 months on saturday and he dosent play with toys. he bats the hanging ones on his play gym and looks at toys when i rattle or crinkle them but he cant grasp things yet. i just uncurl his fingers and let him feel the different textures. babies are easily amused with anything. in terms of xmas presents simple things would probably be a winner like rattles and smily face toys

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->