What Age?

tverb84

Reaction score
Ok tomorrow I turn 29 and I'm wondering if there is a certain age I should talk to my doctor about having children.On Dr Oz I heard if you don't have children by age 30 you should talk to your doctor.Has anyone done this?

Ok tomorrow I turn 29 and I'm wondering if there is a certain age I should talk to my doctor about having children.On Dr Oz I heard if you don't have children by age 30 you should talk to your doctor.Has anyone done this?

Happy birthday for tomorrow :)

30? Seriously? I think that's a bit scaremongery, actually. The commonly given stat is that your fertility begins to decline from roughly age 35, but for a lot of women it's still plenty possible to get pregnant at 35+. I don't think waiting til 30+ is an issue. It better not be - I'm 32!

That said, if you have health problems yourself, or there's a history of early menopause or difficulty conceiving in your family, it would be worth going to speak to a doctor. Otherwise, unless you're worried about something in particular, I wouldn't stress too much about it. :flower:

Hey, happy birthday :flower:

I too am 29 and have had a lot of odd results from smears so when I went for my last appointment I was chatting to the nurse and asked if I should be going to see a gyno as we were planning to start trying in June next year and she laughed :shrug: I asked why she thought it was funny and she said its just so rare that people plan anymore (which I obviously find hard to believe) and that unless you have reason to believe you will have a problem, here's no need to get caught up in it. I'm like you, I'm still unsure and would rather just checked out, particularly if my smear comes back with irregularities again but medically, it seems that 30 isn't old for having babies anymore and we have nothing to worry about :thumbup: if you are unsure though, it can't hard to have a checkup! When are you planning for TTC?

happy birthday!
i agree with the other ladies about, your twenties are your prime fertile age and you are only 29! if you are trying for a while with no success i would then see a doctor but that is true of any age!

29 is too young to be concerned about fertility issues with no cause to worry.

Don't worry

Happy birthday for tomorrow

:)

I agree with the other ladies! I'm 28. I'll be 29 or 30 when we have our first. From what I've heard, I don't think it's an issue. Happy birthday tomorrow!

PS-It's nice to know that there are other ladies who are in their late 20s/early 30s who are still waiting because of accomplishing goals, etc. :) Just saying.

Hey, happy birthday :flower:

I too am 29 and have had a lot of odd results from smears so when I went for my last appointment I was chatting to the nurse and asked if I should be going to see a gyno as we were planning to start trying in June next year and she laughed :shrug: I asked why she thought it was funny and she said its just so rare that people plan anymore (which I obviously find hard to believe) and that unless you have reason to believe you will have a problem, here's no need to get caught up in it. I'm like you, I'm still unsure and would rather just checked out, particularly if my smear comes back with irregularities again but medically, it seems that 30 isn't old for having babies anymore and we have nothing to worry about :thumbup: if you are unsure though, it can't hard to have a checkup! When are you planning for TTC?

I'm not sure when I plan to ttc. :shrug:

I'm not sure when I plan to ttc. :shrug:

Happy birthday! 29 is a great age. I'm 32 now. I had some trouble getting pregnant with my 1st due to a short luteal phase (which I'm sure I've always had) but we got help and I got pregnant at 30. Because I was in my 20's ttc we had to wait 12 months before we could get testing done. If you're in your 30s (in the US at least) you are encouraged to see a doctor after 6 months of trying because you don't have as many fertile years left. BUT, the other posters are right, you're still very fertile up until your late 30's and the women I've know who have had real trouble getting pregnant (unlike me, I just needed a tiny dose of clomid) are in their 40's. No need to have a ttc plan, you have tons of great fertile years ahead of you. I don't think there's any reason to see a doctor about it now, just know that if you're in your 30's and have been ttc 6 months, that might be a good time to talk to someone.

Ah this thread has set my mind at rest a bit as I am 29 and will be 30 by the time we start TTC and i was starting to get a little worried....

I was 30 when I got Pg with DS 1 and 31 when I had him. The doctor didn't have to talk to me because I wasn't considered AMA. Now that I am 35 going on 36 and we are going to be ttc in April/May, I have an appointment on Jan 3rd to get my IUD removed and to talk about AMA and get labs done.

Once you reach the age of 35, its good just to have a physical and a sit down with the doctor. Its just precautions to take, but many people have healthy pregnancy and healthy baby's past 35.

You are only 29, so I wouldn't stress it too much! :)

I'm 29 and I will definitely be 30 at least by the time we have our 1st. I actually did meet with my dr recently and she said I was young, I should have no problems :D That made me feel better as I'd been starting to worry a little. And I read a study that showed that women in their 30's were as likely to get pregnant as women in their 20's. It wasn't until 40 that fertility significantly dropped.

I'm 29 too and I'll be at least 30 before #1. For my family, who didn't really go down the career route, I'm old to be childless (they were all early twenties) but very few of my friends have kids yet as we all went to uni and got into our careers. I think we'll all be OK!

I agree, 30 is much too early to be worrying about your fertility! Unnecessary stress!

Now I feel much better after reading everyone's replies. :thumbup:

I feel better after reading this post too! It took me so long to get pregnant with ds, and now I'm waiting due to mc, that I've been freaking out about being too old!! I'm 28, but will def be 29 by the time I have my next baby. At least 29, I really hope it doesn't take until I'm 30. I'm not sure how many babies we want, but I want to be done by the time I'm 35 for sure

Much I'd the data on older ttc is based on 300 year old French birth records. That is where the idea that is widely quoted "1 in 3 people over 35 well have fertility issues" - Google it if you want to find out more about it but recent studies show that 82% of 35-39 year olds well get pregnant within a yr and 86% of 27-34 years will.before 40 there is very little too worry about.
This article might reassure Www.BBC.co.UK/news/magazine-24128176

300 year old birth records? Wow didn't know those existed.Those percentages from the study are reassuring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->