What am i doing wrong?

TOHARD2TRY

Reaction score
Hiya ladies.. Sorry for all the posts i put up.. But my mum has totally confused me yet again.. She knows me and my hubby are trying for a baby.. my period was 27th may lasting 4 days.. So my 14th day would be the 9th? My mum told me to have :sex: from the 9th for a whole week? is she right??

Sorry for the confusion ladies. x

how long are your cycles? do you or your partner have any fertility issues?

They vary from 28,32,39 but 39 is my first longest cycle. and nope both been tested. x

do you use opk's or temp. if not its a gd idea to do one or both as that helps pinpoint when ovulation occurs so u can dtd before and during ovulation to increase your chances of conception

How do you know you ovulate on the 14th, and not the 18th, or the 12th? Knowing your ovulation based on charting, cervical fluid, or cervical position will help. Having lots of sex, doesn't make a difference in my mind. Because it only takes 1 little spermy

If your cycles are varying that much, you should temp (and may need to for 3 months before you see whats going on), I can guarantee you that your not ovulating on day 14. With a cycle that jumps around that much.

If your cycles are varying that much, you should temp (and may need to for 3 months before you see whats going on), I can guarantee you that your not ovulating on day 14. With a cycle that jumps around that much.

Totally agree, to pinpoint your fertile time and ovulation date you need to start charting your temp's. Especially since your cycle length is so varied, you want to make sure you are ovulating in the first place.

Once you know your cycle and can confirm you are ovulating you can physically see when your fertile time and have sex in that time to increase chances.

sounds like your mom is assuming you O on the 14th day (that is an old myth that all cycles are 28 days and everyone O's 14 days for their AF)

Assuming you did O on the 14th you would want to dtd for the week leading up to and a few days after the 14th, not just after the 14th because then you would miss the egg.

But as it has already been mentioned by others, you need to figure out when YOU ovulate (by temping, OPKs, or CM checks) and then dtd around that day, especially including BEFORE.

Best of Luck to you!

I use an app on my phone too which helps me pinpoint my most fertile days, i also use opk's.. Thanks for the advice ladies. x

check out Fertilityfriend.com they actually have a "lesson" that you can do to help teach you about charting your temps, cervical position, and vaginal fluids.

Ok so your best bet honestly is to BD every 2nd night during the end of AF until a day after you confirm OV or just keep up the every 2nd day until AF is due. This way if your not ovulating when you think you are you're still covering your whole fertile period by BD every 2nd day :)

I use an app on my phone too which helps me pinpoint my most fertile days, i also use opk's.. Thanks for the advice ladies. x

I use an app too, but it assumes you ovulate on a certain day and does not really know when you do because mine just picks the exact middle of my cycle as when I'm ovulating but by charting my temps daily, I know that that is not when it looks like I'm ovulating and that I might be ovulating on day 16ish. We are just making sure to try more when it's a week before my presumed ovulation date throughout the whole week and then until after my temp spikes. If you assume it's the 14th and then you stop trying the 13 or 14 you could lose out if you are actually ovulating on the 16th day, if you don't start trying until later you could lose out if you are ovulating earlier on the 10th day. I agree with others to take your temp daily and look for other signs to really have the best idea.
Good luck!

I also use a app on my phone an im starting to think its wrong as had a period on the 30th april and then again on the 30th may and the app works out days between periods and when you will ovulate but this time said my periods was 33 days but unless im so dumb 30th to the 30th is 30 days not 33 am I wrong lol.

Well went docs today to get answers about my last appointment I had! I've been booked in for another blood test on Thursday and also another docs appointment on Tuesday, I will be having more tests to see why I'm not getting pregnant from my previous mc back in 2011!! Will keep you all updated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->