What are everyone's reasons for waiting?

Money. We are waiting til we own our own home in the country and have plenty of savings and can comfortably afford a homebirth (around $5000+ here). Apart from that, we are already ready. We want a baby, have done lots of research, I have a stable job (and DF is looking), we have most baby stuff already stocked up that I got for free, and we could already easily afford a homebirth. However it would leave us renting and stuck in Sydney and we don't want that.

I hate that money can dictate something like having a baby. In many other countries money is an afterthought but I feel obligated by social mores and I've had it drilled into my head by my parents that I need to own instead of rent. :wacko: Besides, if we had a baby now my parents would think we're way too young, and we're still not married. Again, not that we care, but it's not worth them looking down their noses at us forever.

Simplest reason really want my 2nd child to grow up at bit more and chill out a bit.
I know my 1st child did this from 4yrs on wards x

I lost my Boyfriend and the love of my life. Now, I am in the WTT because I no one and I am obsessed.

DH wants to wait until he finishes college [hopefully] next spring. I think we will start ttc mid-late 2013. Really hard to wait. :(

We're waiting until May '13 because that's what has been advised medically for me. Super hard to wait! Miss being preggo, can't wait to start trying again!!

My guy wants to wait, he says sometime after we're married but before January 2015, as in if he hasn't decided he's ready before jan 2015 then we can just jump in anyway. I think we may start before that though

We are waiting until our little princess is little bit older and I want to shed some weight. In the meantime it gives us some time to work a bit on the finances. But, I am ready now if he just says the "yes" word.

Mainly for my career.

I have a LO who is 7 months and is my world but I trained for quite a few years for my career and had been lucky enough to go back part time this time but I'm not sure I would have that option in the future. Going to work for a year before trying.

If it wasn't for work I would probably try now!

We were meant to be TTCing from August this year, but are still WTT. We have several reasons:

• Hubby needs a new job
  • I want to at least get started on some new training at work before announcing a pregnancy
  • I have just been diagnosed with SLE and need to be in remission before getting pregnant or it could damage the baby's heart

The first will hopefully be sorted imminently, the second I hope by Christmas, and the third...who knows? But at the moment I am hoping for Autumn 2013 for a summer/autumn 2014 baby.

My husband and I are waiting because of being on fertility meds for a year and two losses later...my body needs a break! He recently asked me when I thought I would be ready to start trying again so I made a new goal....I will start back with the fertility treatments once I lose 50 pounds. I am 7 pounds down now so maybe by the summer I will be ready to try again. He is ready now, but I just need a bit more time.

Well our reasons are new house and financial.

We are currently waiting for confirmation to move as we are doing a council exchange,Going to settle into our new home, Then we need to wait for OH to get a job, Hes on a really good work programm at the mintue and he should be working soon :))
Once hes been in his job for 3 months and we know its secure and everything is fine then we will be trying for baby 2 :) So no exact date but im very excited for what the new year will be bringing.

I am in my second year of veterinary school. We want to wait until fall 2014 so that I wont be due until after I graduate in may 2015

I am waiting to try for a few reasons. I have a seven month old, so I definitely want to wait until he is at least one year's old. Financially, we are comfortable, but another baby in daycare would not be worth me working any longer. Also, what if i can't get pregnant again? Not eager to deal with that emotional stress.

We're WTT until 2014 because we want to get married first. We were meant to get married August this year, but I fell pregnant (and had her three days before what would have been our wedding day!) so had to cancel. Also, DD is only 3 months old. I want to wait until she's a bit older before TTC.

We are waiting because:

#1 - We both agreed before getting married we wanted to be married for 2 years before having kids so we could enjoy just being the two of us.

#2 - We have a small amount of debt we need to pay off and we need to save up some money for a midwife/home birth.

#3 - We need a car big enough for a car seat (We both have 2 door vehicles)

My reasons for waiting... well my partner currently lives in America while I'm stuck in UK.. we see each other every few months and are saving up to live together in UK. I'm only self employed at the moment because of some trauma in my life.. my dad passed away nearly two years ago, when I was 18.. so it hit me hard.. put me into a deep depression so I draw for money till I can get back on my feet mentally. I can't work at the moment because even leaving the house I get all panicky and think I'm going to die or something! It's horrible.. I don't sleep much either.. so I really hope I can fix my head soon!

My reasons are mostly for health. I'd like to have 3+ months of prenatal vitamins and no medications under the hood before I start trying.

My reason for waiting? I don't even have a boyfriend......... I kinda need a man to help with the whole 'making a baby' thing lol

There were many reasons for us. We wanted to get married first, buy a home, and both be in stable jobs with decent finances.

We bought our home in October 2011, so that's one check!
We were married in August 2012 so that's another check!
We both have permanent jobs so that's another check!

Last thing to go is our finances. Because I am the main earner in our household (by a substantial amount) we wanted to have plenty saved up so that I could take a full year off. It was never going to be feasible for me to be a SAHM which I would have loved, because DH is never going to earn as much as I do, nor will he ever have the scope for promotion and advancement that I do. I was gutted about that for a while, but you marry for love not for convenience, so I took a breath and moved on.

Our savings are looking ok - took a bit of a hit with last minute wedding dramas - so we are waiting to see whats left after Christmas and if its enough for me to get at least 6 months Mat Leave then we are going to go for it in January!!! I am 29 and DH is 32 so not getting any younger, and DH is so excited about being a daddy that it just makes me think that all our reasons for waiting are BS and we should just go for it! Exciting!

Our #1 goal was to be married first. I've always wanted that so we will need to get engaged before that happens!

#2 Pay off all credit card debt

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->