• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

what are my chances??

dream2reality

Reaction score
I have not had my period since start of September till now, so around 6 weeks no AF.. i have been testing with hpt's and all negative till now, but im wondering if in my case it could still be to early to detect? i have read stories of women finding out they were pregnant around 7-8 weeks pregnant and even further in the first trimester as every pregnancy is different. But the thing is, i bled from July 11th-Start of September/ bkoz of my pcos.. so maybe that is why my period is taking a while to come! any 1 have experiences to share about how & when they found out they were expecting?!?
Also i could be anywhere from 6 weeks pregnant or under possibly 5 weeks pregnant and i have been doing the deed alot/ every 3/4 days since early september!
TIA :hugs::winkwink:

It's possible that you ovulated really late. A lot of women with pcos don't know when they ovulate and sometimes don't ovulate at all T_T to my knowledge.
However the rule of thumb is to wait 19 days after the last time you had intercourse and then test.

My pregnancy ended with a miscarriage, but I got my BFP within a normal time frame but a little later than most. I had tested about two days before my period was due and got a negative and then two days later I thought I had started my period right on time.....but then my period never turned into anything but very light spotting so I took a test two days later and got a faint BFP.

yeah i thought i had implantation bleeding on sept 26th... but bfn's ever since! koz i seen a little amount of light brown coloured blood.. then no AF at all after this!

I have long cycles so I find it really helpful to track my temps so I know if I have ovulated or not. It is possible you haven't ovulated. When I was trying for #1 my cycle went out the window and I didn't ovulate or have a period at all from May to December. It only stopped from medication and then I had to use clomid to ovulate.

I'm guessing the women who don't find out they are pregnant until 7-8 weeks probably haven't been testing. If they had tested earlier they probably would have had a bfp.

I would recommend going to your Dr for some advice :)

I hope you get some answers soon. I know how frustrating it is having long cycles!

I would suggest maybe going to your doctor for a blood test. That will tell you exactly how much hcg is in your system. If you are pregnant, something should show up. I've always gotten positives between 9-11 dpo so it hasn't happened to me personally but everyone is different. I was reading an article a short time ago about a woman who didn't know she was pregnant because she kept getting negative urine tests, only to go in for a blood test to find out it was positive. When she went in for an ultrasound, she was even more surprised that she was already 10 weeks! Yes, it can happen. Good luck!

if i dont get my period in the next 2-3 weeks.. i am going to have a hcg blood test done to check! i have had a sensitive left nipple for almost 2 weeks now... and i dont usually have this, so im hoping it means i am pregnant!! hehe i have pcos also, so a delayed period might be normal... koz i tested bfn again today :( but i am holding onto hope that it may still be too early to detect on a hpt! xoxo thanks ladies

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"