What are my chances ?

mummof1

Reaction score
So long story short - we have three boys and husband doesn’t want any more children ... I’m not sure if I want 4 but he booked his vasectomy and now I’m a little panicked .

We get a little careless when it comes to protection and this month we were more careless than usual.
We use the pull out method and he didn’t pull out once right before my period started but I would assume that sperm is long dead lol

We had sex cycle day 8,10,12 (I’m sure I ovulated on 12 because I had all my usual ovulation symptoms ) he did pull out each time...
My question is are my chances slim to none?
Has anyone gotten pregnant using pull out before ?
I honestly think I would love a surprise final baby

Theres always a possibility if you are not using protection near ovulation. I think maybe you need an honest chat with hubby as i think you should BOTH be 100% before committing to a vasectomy, and it doesnt sound like you are.

I know , we have talked about it many times and he gets upset because he didn’t want three but compromised for me as long as I new that was it.
Now I’m going back on my word asking him to consider 4

Its hard isnt it? I was sure so many of mine were the last, and promised hubby so.. and then the broodiness got me again!

It’s extremely hard ugh .
I am one of those women that love being pregnant and love that newborn stage .
The thought of a girl is also something on my mind a lot lately

Im currently pregnant due to a failed pull out method. My husband and I have been successful with this method for 11 years....until now.
So it's definitely possible. I think it's more likely if you have sex more than once in a night and he doesn't urinate in between. Pretty sure that's how this one happened.

Wow interesting !
We didn’t DTD more than once in one night but I guess there could be a chance

Im currently pregnant due to a failed pull out method. My husband and I have been successful with this method for 11 years....until now.
So it's definitely possible. I think it's more likely if you have sex more than once in a night and he doesn't urinate in between. Pretty sure that's how this one happened.

That's the only way that I believe pregnancy can occur when the pull out method is otherwise used correctly. It's definitely possible.

mummof1, Years ago, when I started dating a guy long term, neither of us wanted kids. I started feeling differently over time and tried many times to talk him into it. I finally accepted reality when he said, "As much as you want kids - that's how much I DON'T want them." We broke up amicably that night, but that comment has always stuck with me. Now when I don't agree with my husband about things, big or small, remembering what my ex said helps put opposing feelings into perspective for me. Not sure if that helps you any, but it works for me.

I hope you and hubby are able to both make peace with whichever direction you choose.

Thank you , I do try and understand his perspective and part of me thinks 4 would be pretty crazy lol

Wanted to update , I had some really light brown / dark yellow spotting the other day , which is not normal for me at all! I believe on 7 DPO so now I’m totally anxious waiting out the rest of this cycle !
AF is due in around 7-9 days ugh

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->