What are our chances, really?

WantsALittle1

Reaction score
DH and I DTD yesterday (Saturday) morning. Today (Sunday), I got a positive OPK at around 5:30pm. We have no further opportunities to BD during my fertile window because DH is away on business. What are our chances of conceiving, really? I know theoretically it is totally possible, but how likely is it to actually happen...?

Best case scenario: BD Saturday morning, surge Sunday evening, I ovulate Monday evening, and it's 2.5 days between BD and ovulation.

Worst case scenario: We BDed Saturday morning, surge Sunday evening, I ovulate Tuesday evening, and it's 3.5 days between BD and ovulation.

I know sperm CAN live in the tubes for 5 days, but I also know that they rarely do. More commonly, they live for 2-3 days. I also know that 2 days before ovulation is the best interval for BDing according to studies, but in both of the scenarios above, we are outside that window :(

As long as there is sperm there and you don't have any known fertility issues your chances are as as good as anyone else's. Good luck :)

That's what I was trying to figure out... What are the chances that the sperm will still be there outside of the 2 day window. I know theoretically sperm live up to 5 days, but it's usually only 2-3. Theory aside how often does it happen that conception truly occurs from sperm 2.5-3.5 days ago?

Not to sure. I know in theory that the chances are just as good as getting pregnant the day of your O. My DH and I only dtd twice on one day 2 days before my O.

With DD1 we DTD saturday night and sunday morning since we would have no more opportunities and I ovulated on the Wednesday. So you totally have a chance :winkwink:

Hope this helps x

Attachments

• chances1.gif
    chances1.gif
    4.8 KB · Views: 19

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member