What are some names you dislike?

I HATE the names Mckenzie/McKenna and similar. Gretchen and Esther.

Also names like Laquanda, Tamika, etc.

Heard a name on the bus the other day..

Never heard the name publicly
Porsha (or however its spelt)

Im not a fan of kids named after cars or animals :shrug:
It proberly will offend people if i say names i hear dogs called

Portia is a Shakespearian character :shock: I think you'll find the car is a Porsche, not a Porsha sound :thumbup:

I think most people use it because of the car. I've only met 3 Potias, but that is what they all claimed to be named for.

I know a family... They all have names like that. Portia, Lexus, and Benjamin Maxwell Williams = BMW.

Portia just had a baby girl... Mercedes. I'm dying to know who will give birth to Ferrari.

:dohh:

What the........

I spelt it wrong then.... I haven't a clue how the name is spelt... i just heard her mum shout to her.. and it was the same as the car but with an "a" at the end

portia isnt the same as the name im on about... It defo is after the car though i doubt many people name there kid after shakespeare stuff :wacko: :dohh:

No, you're right. It's pronounced just like Porsche, but with the "uh" at the end.

Some people spell it Porscha, some people spell it Portia. Same thing.

i was thinking Jack and Chloe? i like classic names because i like the sound of them.

not against Ayden names, just wouldnt call my child something like that, my name is Charlotte or Charley and i would like my children to have classic names like that, with perhaps a more modern middle name, other wise it can sound too posh!! like mine: Charlotte Louise Margaret.

but everyone in my family has a middle name begining with M, so its kind of a tradition that i would like to carry on.

All the names I don't like are to do with people who I knew but didn't like...:blush:
Like samantha, I knew a Samantha in primary school and she was mean to me, now I hate the name!

Names I hate off the top of my head

Girls -

Any ghetto names. Shawonda, Lequanda. They're just hilarious.

Faith, hope, grace, destiny.

Names spelt wrong. Kaycee, laycee, emileigh, kaytee.

Skylar.

Amy, Louise, Kirsty etc (I dont hate them but they were names of my generation so they're just over used to me)

Boys -

Anything that I wouldnt consider particularly masculine. Rhiver for example.

Daniel. Actually I dont hate it but I dont like one single Daniel lol.

Names which are spelt really chavyy!! Theres nothing wrong with the traditional/original spelling! hahaha

and also names which are just wayyyy overused! I dont want my children to have 5 other kids in their class with the same name haha

theres nothing worse then a teacher called out a name...followed by afew people saying which one lol
happened to me alot hahah

hahahaha exactly! in my maths class at school there were 5 adams, and it was so funny when the teacher said "whats the answer adam?" and they would all look up haha

i just hate boring plain names like: (not to offend anyone)

becky
amy
claire
hannah
chloe
jade
sophie
laura
jessica

i just like names which have a bit of imagination and that you dont hear all the time :)
xxx

hahahaha exactly! in my maths class at school there were 5 adams, and it was so funny when the teacher said "whats the answer adam?" and they would all look up haha

i just hate boring plain names like: (not to offend anyone)

becky
amy
claire
hannah
chloe
jade
sophie
laura
jessica

i just like names which have a bit of imagination and that you dont hear all the time :)
xxx

thats getting so difficult now tho lol my oldest is called zane and since he was born 2 of my sisters friends have copied his name! lol

yeah i agree! i dont really think 'unique' names exist anymore because i feel like everything has been done! unless you go really crazy like 'banana' haha :D

I like plain names because i'm boring :haha:

My name is Zoe which was unusual when i was born, not so much now. My sister is called Sasha which again was unusual 20 years ago.

I don't like chavvy names and mispelt on purpose names, i think if you're going to name a child something like that, it just looks like you can't spell properly.

Don't mean to offend but i dont like scottish names like Angus, Fergus etc,. Also don't like car names like Mercedes, chavvy names like Chastity or boring names like Frederick (but like Freddie) or John, Peter, Neil etc,.

Personal hates: Paris, Prada, Candice, Jean and sooooooooooo glad my neice didn't get called Alexis, What was she thinking, too beautiful to call her something that screams shoulder pads. Gary, Barry and Clive.
I know all the above [apart from Alexis] but they don't suit the person.

:haha::haha::haha:

Alexis makes me think of shoulder pads to hehehe!!!

theo is my sons name its not pompous!! lol
anyway names i hate well theres quite a few!
anne
brayden
gordan
kevin
chloe
ricky
ralph
sabrina
louise i know its popular at the moment but i hate it!
jenna
carly
penny
lisa
becky
victoria
lee
daniel
andrew
william
frances
oh loads more i cant stand! lol

Haha! My name is Lisa, my sister is Carly Louise, my Dad is Kevin William, my boyfriend is Daniel & my old best friends are Lee & Jenna!! :haha:

Don't mean to offend but i dont like scottish names like Angus, Fergus etc

I love Scottish names because we are in Scotland and although I am (technically) English, my kids will be Scottish and will grow up in Scotland. Names like Angus and Fergus are totally acceptable (and popular) here, but I can see why they might not appeal to people with no connection to Scotland.

(Actually, I am not a particular fan of Angus and Fergus as they make me thing of angry and fungus!)

Angus will always remind me of
Angus, thongs and perfect snogging film :lol:

just the cat is called angus and thats the only time iv ever heard it :shrug:

Iv said before though im not a fan of names people give there pet dogs/cats

Alfie and Archie (to me is what old people call there dogs)
Jasper (neighbour had a dog called it)
Bailey (because its my dogs name)
OH's got a cat called Saffron :wacko: which i found odd as Saffron is more a human name :lol:
Felix (always always will mean felix off the advert lol)
Milo (cats name to me)

Also not keen on xanier/zander whatever it is i just don't understand it :shrug:
Maybe from different areas names are alright and are common in the area etc from place to place names change dramaticly

i dont like americany names lol. Names like brandon, jackson, peyton, logan, casey, cody, etc etc. Also hate names that are spelled really stupidly and then the parents moan about a teacher mispelling Caylee or something lol. Surnames as first names too like Parker, Donovan, Easton etc etc

Also rapidly going off some girl names but its just cos theyre common now. Theyre nice names just over used these days - eve/evie, ava, lily, daisy, poppy etc

I really can't stand the Irish type names where the spelling is just ridiculous and the kid will be spelling it out for the rest of their lives.. such as...

Aoife
Sinéad
Siobhán
Áine
Aisling
Cáit
Róisín
Emer/Eimear
Aoibheann
Aoibhe
Sadbh
Mairéad
Síofra
Máire
Caoimhe
Sorcha
Niamh
Maebh
Saoirse
Gráinne
Orlaith
Caitríona
Eilish
Ailish
Ailbhe
Eithne
Muireann
Bébhinn
Bláthnaid
Clíodhna
Dearbhai
Chlodagh
Réaltín
Caoilfhionn
Iseult
Nóinín

I literally cannot pronounce one single one of those :dohh:

I also dislike all the older names: Alfie, Archie, Maggie, Brian etc. My minds gone blank now!

my sil is called Caitríona but her name is spelt catreona instead

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->