what are the chances of a mmc after seeing HB

Aidan's Mummy

Mummy to Aidan and Oliver
Reaction score
Hi ladies
I have my 12 week scan a week on monday and I'm so scared they are going to tell me baby has died :(. Its totally irrational I know and I feel silly but the fear is so real. I had a scan at 7 wees and bubs was fine with a strong heartbeat. So my question is what are the chances of a miscarriage/ missed miscarriage once a hb is seen. Need someone to pull me back to reality before I drive myself crazy :cry: x

:hugs:
Im sure I have read somewhere that the chances of a MMC after seeing the heartbeat go down to something tiny like 2%
xx

hi hun, its only natural to feel nervous, i have my 9 weeks scan tomorrow and feel the same.. but honestly once you see the heartbeat the chances of miscarriage drop dramatically!! its like 2-5% or something like that...everything will be fine you'll be updating us tomorrow with a pic no doubt! GL xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

the book i'm reading (up the duff by kaz cook) says after seeing the heartbeat the chance drops to 1%. i've got a scan in 9 days and i'll be 7 1/2 weeks, i can't wait!!

Thank you ladies, this is why I love this forum and the ladies in it. Your all here with supportive words and reassurance :hugs: x

Wow! I just love this board. I had no idea and I have been freaking out about the same stuff!! So glad to have read this.

STATISITICS SO ONLY READ IF YOU ARENT GOING TO BE UPSET

hi , ok what most dr wont tell you is 1 in 3 woman suffer a mc so bear that in mind also what they wont tell you is most mc and mine included happens at around 7 weeks something happens around then that , well , how can i put it make or break time so if you are over that and you are try to relax a bit dont worry yourself, any one who has a mc will tell you its awfull and it is but you come to the conclusion some quicker than others that it just wasnt meant to be, nature takes it course.:thumbup:

Aidansmummy, its totally natural to worry hun. Im in tears at least once a week worrying that my baby died weeks ago and Im oblivious. Your risks are reduced now that you have seen/heard a heartbeat. Let us know how you get on. Im sure you will be just fine.xxx

Hi honey, I know exactly how you are feeling. My dating scan is Tuesday and I am so worried about it, I had a scan at 8 weeks and the sonographer commented that the heartbeat was really strong - I'm trying to comfort myself with this but am terrified. Reading the statistics though I do feel better - I guess it is natural for us to worry - but I can't wait till Tuesday. Good luck for your scan xxx

Having had an mc at 7-8 wks, I was absolutely terrified in this pregnancy that I would have the same problems, so far, so good -- try and take it one day at a time, and yes, the possibility of mc goes down to about 1% after hearing HB...

best wishes

I think it's equally important to be measuring right too. With my first i was measuring small by 1+ weeks. I saw a hb but ended in mc. This time, i measured right for my dates and saw a hb on Monday at 6+3 weeks. I am hoping this is the real deal for me now. Good luck x

My doctor, who is one of the best here in Los Angeles, said that once you see a good heartbeat and everything looks good, your chances go down to 2%. Some people see a heartbeat, but it is really weak or things are not measuring on schedule, and I think that is when you have to worry more. I had many ultrasounds due to bleeding and I was paranoid every time I went in that they were going to tell me the heart stopped. I think it is just normal for us to be paranoid :( However, you sound like you are in a really good spot as things looked good at your last scan! I know you will still worry, but it sounds like things are perfectly fine!! MMC are more uncommon than a typical mc, and the people i know who had them never saw a strong heartbeat (i know it happens, but it is definitely more uncommon) My doctor said that even with my bleeding, if I still felt pregnant, then I probably was...and a scan and cervix check always confirmed that! Good luck at your 12 week scan! :)

Not just me who's terrified of being told theres no HB then. I saw my little ones HB at 6 weeks and only indicator i can go on thats alls well now is the nausea. Absolutely desperate for the 12 week scan and hopefully i can relax a bit more! Glad to read risk of mc drops to 1-2%. I read that most mc's happen around 6-7 weeks but if you see a HB the risk drops dramatically.

I think it's equally important to be measuring right too. With my first i was measuring small by 1+ weeks. I saw a hb but ended in mc. This time, i measured right for my dates and saw a hb on Monday at 6+3 weeks. I am hoping this is the real deal for me now. Good luck x

Not looking good for me then, as I saw heartbeat last Wednesday when I was just 7 weeks and she said I was measuring 6 weeks. :(

Don't assume, always keep hope! You wont know for sure until the doctors confirm it... whether you're measuring at 6 and are 7 or not. No point in stressing yourself over it. Good luck to all. I try to hide it in front of everyone and try to just see what everyone says on this site. It's a huge support system.:thumbup:

Congratulations!!! we are quite close with dates :flower: yes i know what you mean as i feel the same,got my scan tomorrow and im very nervous.Good luck,im sure all will be fine xxx

how have u all had early scans?? thought first one was at 10 to 12 weeks can u pay to have it private? imin the uk xx

how have u all had early scans?? thought first one was at 10 to 12 weeks can u pay to have it private? imin the uk xx

Depends on your history - i had early private scans as I have a history of mmc and could not wait for the nhs appt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"