What are the chances?

Louise1990

Reaction score
I came of my period late Wednesday 15th April and I had un-protected sex early hours of Friday 17th April. Every morning since then I have felt very sick and actually been sick, also I have been getting weird pains in my lower stomach and back.

What are the chances?
How long should I wait to do a test?

Thanks

seems very unlikely hun, difficult to conceive so soon after period since you dont usually ovulate until 2 wks before period.
plus im not an expert, but im sure tht morning sickness doesnt start until a good few weeks into pregnancy, im not sure you'd notice anything just 4 days afterwards, implantation doesnt even tend to occur until 6-12 days after ovulation.
but theres always a possibility. wait until next period to test just to be sure.
however, i doubt you are pregnant. try not to worry about it babe.

I know this but I am going to worry about it until I actually get my period. My mate is 6months pregnant and she got pregnant day after her period ended. So I am pretty confused at the min

seems very unlikely hun, difficult to conceive so soon after period since you dont usually ovulate until 2 wks before period.
plus im not an expert, but im sure tht morning sickness doesnt start until a good few weeks into pregnancy, im not sure you'd notice anything just 4 days afterwards, implantation doesnt even tend to occur until 6-12 days after ovulation.
but theres always a possibility. wait until next period to test just to be sure.
however, i doubt you are pregnant. try not to worry about it babe.

i agree, try not to try to much hun cos stress can make your period be late.

hey hunni,
i'd try not to worry because it was so soon after.
how long do ur periods usually last?
xxx

Do a pregnancy test when your on due on and try not to stress too much. x

Hmmm it usually lasts for about 4 to 5 days (mostly 5days)

My next period isn't till like 2 and half weeks away....ages away

tbh even though its unlikely and things its not impossible.
i think i concieved really quick after mine ended.
you'll just need to hang in there and see what happens with your next period.
try and be patient.
if it doesnt come when its due then take a test.
be sure to keep us posted!!
xxx

p.s i asked how long ur period lasted to see if it was longer than usual to make pregnancy more likely- if that makes sense

does seem unlikely sweetheart, but it can happen - if you're not any other type of contraception the chances of you being pregnant is a little higher.
However many women go through similar symptoms (like yours) when they're worried about being pregnant.
Most recommend waiting until you miss you period, but you can usual take a test 3/4 weeks after unprotected sex or when symtoms occure (so i theory you could take one now).
However if you're still concerned I'd advise going to see you doctor - they're professionally trainned, its free & its confidental x

It seems pretty unlikely but it's possible to get pregnant if you have sex whilst on your period unprotected so Im sure its possible just after, though probably unlikely (I dont have any experience in that but was always told at school)
Wait it out and try not to stress about it, I know its harder than everyone says but stress can make you late and cause more stress.
Wait until your due your next period and take a test, or if you're really worried and stressed out about it go and see your doctor and get a blood test. They can tell pretty early and accurately from them
Good luck hun
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"