What are the chances??

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by tl682, Oct 11, 2013.

1. tl682

tl682 Well-Known Member

I keep reading all these things about miscarriage and ultrasounds gone wrong, and it's scaring me so much. My first pregnancy gave me healthy dd. She's now 2, and we are expecting again. I'll be 7 weeks this weekend. I haven't yet had a sonogram, so I'm not sure if it's a little off 7 weeks. My scan is in 2 weeks, and I'm starting to get very scared that something is wrong, and that we will find out then. What are the chances??

2. Eternal

Eternal Three boys!

Try not to worry and don't look for the stats because they are not very comforting.

Those of us who have suffered a loss are always going to be terrified of it happening again, and those of us who bleed etc, but thus far it doesn't sound like you have had either of these issues. Try to remain clam and not worry about things you have no control especially if you have no reason to think they may be a problem :hugs:

3. tl682

tl682 Well-Known Member

Thank you!!

4. tl682

tl682 Well-Known Member

5. imaswimmer2

imaswimmer2 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry yourself needlessly. I think a lot of women originally join this site BECAUSE things aren't going perfectly. I know that's why I did after my own mc. Thus you see a lot of fear and pain because a lot of the happy healthy pregnant woman haven't stumbled across this site while googling their symptoms.

Good luck in your scan! Come back and share with us good news! And time for a new ticker; yours says 144 weeks pregnant lol!

6. tl682

tl682 Well-Known Member

Thank you!!

7. tl682

tl682 Well-Known Member

Yes, I know, I need to change it!! Frankly, I just don't remember how!!

8. Teeny

Teeny Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what the stats are now, but after ur scan, if babies hb detected and all well, it drops to under 5%.

try not to worry, I know it's hard xxx

9. Leids

Leids Mommy :)

First trimester forums are by far the scariest part of these boards. It's so easy to worry during your first tri, and it doesn't help that you also feel awful and most have yet to get ultrasounds, etc.

I stressed and stressed over my last pregnancy, from beginning to end (with the odd exception of second tri which was heavenly). I really think the forums made me a lot worse. After having my little guy and everything going great, I've realized that I need to relax and focus on other things.

There is a chance for miscarriage for everyone, sadly. I try to take a what will be will be approach, because at this point all I can do is keep myself healthy and stay optimistic. Worrying about what if's will only make me more stressed out when we already have a lot of stress to handle.

I would recommend staying off of google, especially during first and third tri. If it helps try to avoid the forums when you're feeling down or worrying. Avoid miscarriage/bleeding/bad ultrasound threads because that will only make it worse (and these threads account for a lot of the content in first tri). You can take a look back at really old threads from first tri, and I'm sure you'll see that the vast majority of the women posting had happy and healthy pregnancies. :thumbup:

10. Eternal

Eternal Three boys!

Seriously try to not worry, I can state figures for you if that's really what you want, but it's just going to stress you, don't worry.

Half my posts in here are terrifying, I've bled the entire pregnancy thus far, thus far all us ok, some of us will be unlikely but that doesn't mean you will. People don't post, oh my pregnancy is going so well, they post when something is wrong, or they have a concern, it's not reflective of real life.

11. Shea2327

Shea2327 Member

I can relate with your sense of worry... I read another post about staying positive and reading pregnancy affirmations (Google those...) from a woman who did suffer a loss. She told her story about how much better it is to enjoy each and every day and that worrying only makes you suffer needlessly. If something were to go wrong, it wouldn't be your fault and there'd be nothing you could have done to prevent it. I hope that your scan goes well and I'm sending you lots of good thoughts!

12. Misscalais

Misscalais Well-Known Member

1st tri boards are always scary. Unfortunately you see a lot of loss on here.
    But don't let if freak you out it can get a bit overwhelming thinking about all the 'what ifs'

13. CastawayBride

CastawayBride Mother of Two

We lost our son at 31 weeks and it was one of the hardest experiences we have ever gone through! Although we went through this I am looking at this as a new pregnancy, a new chance to have a blessing from God. Can I worry? Absolutely but what will be will be. I am just making sure I am being proactive, have a new doctor and trying my best to be as present as possible. I guess what I am saying is enjoy the pregnancy, it will fly by and before you know it your "heart" will be outside your body. :hugs:

14. coffee cake

coffee cake Well-Known Member

Miscarriages are devastatingly common, this is true. It is never to the fault of the mother, it just is what it is. I also worry a lot, I think most of us do... But I love the idea of positive affirmations!