What are the chances?

Vanilla Spice

Reaction score
Yay...my OH and I are NTNP from this weekend and we are both super excited!! :happydance:

However I have a (maybe quite silly) question. My cycles are both irregular and long (approx. 50 days) so I don't have a clue when I ovulate but I should be due on in just over a week (approaching the 50th day of my cycle) so does that mean there is very little chance of us getting a BFP between now and after my AF?

Has anyone got a BFP or fallen pregnant days before their AF?

Thanks!!!

Lol! I should've read this thread before I posted my last question... I've just asked about a 42 day cycle and OVing times :D

Maybe we should be NTNP buddies since we've both moved in here together. :happydance:

Yay...I would love to be your NTNP Siuan - although I must warn you that I don't have a clue about all this stuff. Kinda flying by the seam of my pants at the moment. Lol.

So pleased that you spoke to your OH about how you were feeling about all this trying busy and that you have both agreed together to go for it.

Good luck...hopefully we will both get BFPs soon.

That's fine, I know very little too. So we can learn and support each other through it from the very beginning :) Sounds perfect to me!

I'm pleased too! :D

Here's hoping... lots of baby dust for both of us!!

If your periods are irregular then there is always a chance that you haven't ovulated yet this cycle in which case you are still in with a chance. However if you have already ovulated it is not possible to get pregnant until next cycle.

By the way, the answer I got to my question about this was that you are usually at your most fertile a few days before ovulation which is around 14 days before the end of your cycle. So for me, I'm due af on Friday 10th. That means I was most fertile around the 23rd to 27th May.

You might find this useful... https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tools/ovulation_calculator.php

Grrr, and as if to tempt fate, af has arrived today, it's early!! lol! Now I have no idea when I should be o'ving or when next af will be due!

Ah well... lots of BDing over the next month then!! lol!

Hey NTNP buddy!!!

Typical...that AF is so unpredicted!!! I have no idea when mine will show...very frustrating because it confuses everything else!!!

Thanks for the link - I'm going to check it out now.

Hey Polaris - thanks for the info...unfortunately I haven't yet been able to figure out whether I have ovulated this month or now. Just going to go for it and see what happens. Plan to keep a closer eye on things once my AF arrives!

As said above if your cycles are irregular you may still be in with a chance, i also have long cycles so know how frustrating it is :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->