what are the chances?

braijackava

Reaction score
So I am on bc and have been for about a month and a half, I have also been on antibiotics for about 5 days. My son is almost 3 months old and I am breastfeeding, so I have yet to have a period. We were in the process of moving the last week and I completely forgot about the antibiotics affecting the bc. We has unprotected sex a couple times. What are the chances of me getting preggo?

if im right you can have unprotected sex for about 6months as long as your breastfeeding alone and not going long periods of time without breastfeeding as your body wont release eggs whilst your lactating milk. so id say your chances are slim xx

Some anti biotics affect the pill more than others. When my friend forgot about this issue too we looked up her anti-biotic online and it said there is no evidence it affected the absorption of the pill but they advise using other contraception just in case. Which one you on?

I was advised that fully breastfeeding ie no pumping instead of feeding, no combi feeding is 98% effective contraception.

I am on amoxicillan. I give him one 4 oz bottle of formula a day and then nurse the rest of the time.

The chances are pretty low (look how long it takes some people ttc to get pregnant when they're trying) but it's always possible. Although bf does lower your chances of ov'ing, you can't count on it as contraceptive. I know people who have exclusively bf and still got their periods back within a few months.

Current UK advice on amoxicillan is that you don't need to use a secondary contraceptive, the pill should continue to work as long as the antibiotic doesn't make you sick etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->