What are you all doing as nurseries?

emyandpotato

Reaction score
What are you all doing for baby's sleeping arrangements? Are they rooming with you or getting their own? And for both how are you decorating, if you are?
I need some cheap and cute decorating ideas for my nursery :flower:

:thumbup: nice thread idea!! I'm sharing a room, so not much decorating as we live in an apartment and can't paint etc.. But I'm looking into those cute wall stickers, probably dinosaurs :) and trying to make stuff as coordinated as possible since it's I can't paint :) do you know a theme yet? And does LO get a seperate room?

LO will be in with me at first, but his/her nursery is The Very Hungry Caterpillar, I love it! :flower:
I ordered lots material online to make a blanket/quilt/cot bumper/pillow as well to go with the theme. It's all started...I just need to finish them :haha:

:thumbup: nice thread idea!! I'm sharing a room, so not much decorating as we live in an apartment and can't paint etc.. But I'm looking into those cute wall stickers, probably dinosaurs :) and trying to make stuff as coordinated as possible since it's I can't paint :) do you know a theme yet? And does LO get a seperate room?

Thanks :flower: I was looking into a Roald Dahl story theme, kind of like a less weird version of Tim Walker photography (if you've heard of him?) but think I'm gonna keep it plain as it's a small room. Ours is rented too but we've painted it a light bluish grey, can you not paint if you paint it back again when you move out? Yeah LO will get their own room but it's an icky room with disgusting old radiator and ugly door and window and blinds that I can't do much about, but thinking of covering the radiator and blinds with something a bit cuter. Struggling not to make it too boyish/girly seeing as I don't know what I'm having!

Im doing owls now =D I was gunna do the giving tree buuttt I love owls lol

Thanks I was looking into a Roald Dahl story theme, kind of like a less weird version of Tim Walker photography (if you've heard of him?) but think I'm gonna keep it plain as it's a small room. Ours is rented too but we've painted it a light bluish grey, can you not paint if you paint it back again when you move out? Yeah LO will get their own room but it's an icky room with disgusting old radiator and ugly door and window and blinds that I can't do much about, but thinking of covering the radiator and blinds with something a bit cuter. Struggling not to make it too boyish/girly seeing as I don't know what I'm having!
oh yeah I have heard of him! :thumbup: that's a good idea!! It'll be cute! Nope we can't, plus we may be moving out of a 3 bedroom into a 4 bedroom buy I'll still be sharing, my brothers will just get their own rooms. I'll get the biggest room though and I have the smallest one now! :wacko: Are you planning on posting pictures once it's done? I love looking at them!! My room might be pretty boring :( but it's okay! I'm not in their much anyways.. Are you feeling like a boy or girl, like is that why it's hard not to make it more of one of the other?

Edit- thought I'd add, I loveeeee the BFG!!

Thanks I was looking into a Roald Dahl story theme, kind of like a less weird version of Tim Walker photography (if you've heard of him?) but think I'm gonna keep it plain as it's a small room. Ours is rented too but we've painted it a light bluish grey, can you not paint if you paint it back again when you move out? Yeah LO will get their own room but it's an icky room with disgusting old radiator and ugly door and window and blinds that I can't do much about, but thinking of covering the radiator and blinds with something a bit cuter. Struggling not to make it too boyish/girly seeing as I don't know what I'm having!
oh yeah I have heard of him! :thumbup: that's a good idea!! It'll be cute! Nope we can't, plus we may be moving out of a 3 bedroom into a 4 bedroom buy I'll still be sharing, my brothers will just get their own rooms. I'll get the biggest room though and I have the smallest one now! :wacko: Are you planning on posting pictures once it's done? I love looking at them!! My room might be pretty boring :( but it's okay! I'm not in their much anyways.. Are you feeling like a boy or girl, like is that why it's hard not to make it more of one of the other?

Edit- thought I'd add, I loveeeee the BFG!!

Me too it's such a good book! :haha: My mum used to read them to me over and over. Awh well at least you'll have a big room, and I think shared rooms sometimes look even cuter cos they're not overly babyish like some nurseries. We're putting LO in with us for the first few months though I have no idea where cos with our bed in here there's almost no room. Yep can't wait to get it done and show it off to everyone! Am soo jealous of all the threads on nurseries in second tri. Was gonna go shopping for decorations today but got dizzy and had to come home, grr. Yeahh I was pretty convinced boy but I'm getting a little unsure now that it's near the end, not that it matters for the nursery anyway as they won't complain :haha:

Me too it's such a good book! :haha: My mum used to read them to me over and over. Awh well at least you'll have a big room, and I think shared rooms sometimes look even cuter cos they're not overly babyish like some nurseries. We're putting LO in with us for the first few months though I have no idea where cos with our bed in here there's almost no room. Yep can't wait to get it done and show it off to everyone! Am soo jealous of all the threads on nurseries in second tri. Was gonna go shopping for decorations today but got dizzy and had to come home, grr. Yeahh I was pretty convinced boy but I'm getting a little unsure now that it's near the end, not that it matters for the nursery anyway as they won't complain :haha:

lol I remember reading it and I think I cried :haha: I'm such a baby!!
Yeah that's true, I think sharing has been what I always wanted anyways... But I'm not sure if he'll have his own room until he's like 3 or so.. That kind of makes me feel bad. Oh well I dout he'll care, he'll just be a mamas boy!! :blush:
lol are you going to use a bassinet/Moses basket when he/she is in your room?I'm excited to see if you've gotta litt prince or princess! :happydance: Im too impatient to have waited:haha:

She'll probably sleep in our room for the first 6 weeks or so in a Moses Basket before we move her in to her own room. I'm hoping she'll be sleeping through the night at 6 weeks so I can move her :haha:

Were doing up the spare room for her atm, my OH painted it last weekend, its pink and cream. We'll be re-using Elena's cot & changing table, and I'm moving the rocking chair from Elena's room in to the LO's.

So we just need to get some sort of Wardrobe for her, and maybe a a new lamp. A rug and some curtains and thats it I think. I wish I was artistic enough to paint something pretty on the walls but I'm pretty useless :rofl: So we got some Butterfly stickers to put on the wall, they're so cute!

Well we are still not sure of what we are having but our baby will have his/her own room and if we have a boy we are planning on doing a sports theme/Red Sox theme because we are the BIGGEST RedSox fans lol. Thinking about doing the walls, top half dark blue and bottom half red, or vise versa. & If we have a girl OH wants a princess room, castle, hot pink, I also like dark brown and Pink so probably do the walls those 2 colors.. For whenever the baby starts sleeping threw the night lol

lol I remember reading it and I think I cried :haha: I'm such a baby!!
Yeah that's true, I think sharing has been what I always wanted anyways... But I'm not sure if he'll have his own room until he's like 3 or so.. That kind of makes me feel bad. Oh well I dout he'll care, he'll just be a mamas boy!! :blush:
lol are you going to use a bassinet/Moses basket when he/she is in your room?I'm excited to see if you've gotta litt prince or princess! :happydance: Im too impatient to have waited:haha:

You never know, you might win the lottery and live in a mansion by the time he turns three :haha: Don't worry about it anyway loads of families in other cultures share a room their whole lives, he probably won't even mind until after he starts school.

Yess got a gorgeous moses basket from MIL at the weekend, it's all white and frilly and traditional and I love it! I might go take photos of the nursery as it is now to show off the moses basket lol. Me too I just can't wait! Was soo tempted to find out but wanted my first born to be a surprise, will be finding it with every other child I have definitely!

She'll probably sleep in our room for the first 6 weeks or so in a Moses Basket before we move her in to her own room. I'm hoping she'll be sleeping through the night at 6 weeks so I can move her :haha:

Were doing up the spare room for her atm, my OH painted it last weekend, its pink and cream. We'll be re-using Elena's cot & changing table, and I'm moving the rocking chair from Elena's room in to the LO's.

So we just need to get some sort of Wardrobe for her, and maybe a a new lamp. A rug and some curtains and thats it I think. I wish I was artistic enough to paint something pretty on the walls but I'm pretty useless :rofl: So we got some Butterfly stickers to put on the wall, they're so cute!

That sounds adorable :flower:

Do babies usually sleep through the night at 6 weeks? I plan on BFing and read that BF babies don't sleep for longer than 4 hours without a feed for months, so kind of prepping myself for a year of exhaustion.

You never know, you might win the lottery and live in a mansion by the time he turns three Don't worry about it anyway loads of families in other cultures share a room their whole lives, he probably won't even mind until after he starts school.

Yess got a gorgeous moses basket from MIL at the weekend, it's all white and frilly and traditional and I love it! I might go take photos of the nursery as it is now to show off the moses basket lol. Me too I just can't wait! Was soo tempted to find out but wanted my first born to be a surprise, will be finding it with every other child I have definitely!
that's true! FOBs culture shares with the youngest and she's 6.. She loves it! Lol FX to win the lottery :haha: that's a BIG dream!! Lol.
Aww sounds cute- you should take a picture! I want to see it!! I'm opposite :dohh: plan on keeping others a suprise!

I'll upload them in a minute, Chris has wasted all the camera battery so it's on charge now. Isn't anything special atm though, still missing a chair, lamp, cot mattress, pictures for the wall and decorations.

We live on our own, so it's not because we have to, but LO will be in our room, at least for the first year probably. I will be breastfeeding and would rather have him/her close by, but I do not think we will be cosleeping. OH has a hard enough time sharing the bed with me! It's a safety thing more than anything, I will probably get a cosleeper in addition to a crib so baby can be right next to the bed for the first few months though. If OH didn't move around so much, we would probably cosleep those first months, but it just makes me too nervous. We are not finding out what we are having, so everything we do will be gender neutral anyway, probably something jungle themed, but we have not really decided yet. I will be sewing most of the things anyway, so will just decide when I find the right fabrics what the theme will be. I think once we have another, or once LO is maybe 2 years, then we will move them to their own room.

Skyebo this is it so far, obviously will look loads nicer once it's done. The moses basket won't stay in there either just storing it there for now :flower:

Attachments

• DSC00317.jpg
    DSC00317.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC00318.jpg
    DSC00318.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC00319.jpg
    DSC00319.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC00320.jpg
    DSC00320.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC00321.jpg
    DSC00321.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 8
Aw that Moses basket looks adorable!! I want to find some cute little wall things (baby brain is causing me to forget what they'd be called :haha: ) like one with his name, ones with cute little baby quotes!

Ooh like the wall stickers? They're really cute! I wanted some but think they'll be difficult to peel off again and the landlord won't be too impressed if he wreck his walls.

Ooh like the wall stickers? They're really cute! I wanted some but think they'll be difficult to peel off again and the landlord won't be too impressed if he wreck his walls.

Yeah the quotes are stickers and the name thing are like wooden?! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->