What are you bringing your baby home dressed in?

krisnjay

Mommy to Logan
Reaction score
I can't decide what I want to bring my Baby boy home in. I'm hoping to get some ideas. I dont know If I should bring him home in an outfit or just a onesie. Any suggestions?

I'm bringing both a onsie and a cute outfit... but really if people come over right after i get home i'm gonna make them leave and as long as it's comfy for the baby thats what I went for. A cotton outfit and onsie just incase. :)

I was thinking about just a romper because it is going to be hot out. I'm due july 12th and I live on the east coast and it gets real humid. Do you think that will be too little?

Perfect! I just wanted something super soft.. it's not like they need something flashy because after all they are just coming home. :)

i havent seenn anything yet but i want to get him a pair of dungarees, t-shirt and a vest underrneath. i also want a little jacket to put over the top or a cardigan (Depending on the weather) :)

oh and a little pair of socks :)

ive got his 'first pictures outfits sorted out already - two sleep suits that hubby chose and a little romper and jacket set that i chose. we just need going home outfit and some basic everyday vests and sleepsuits and baby grows/sleep suits now :)

I wont be able to help to much as im having a girl not a boy but I'm bringing my little girl home in a little dress with tights on a sweater if it's cool as it may be cool next week when I bring her home but if it's hot I will have a onesie with me just incase

I have packed a set of white, soft, cotton dungarees and vest/t-shirt underneath and a white cardi. I so can't wait to dress him/her in it!

I'm due 4th September and this is our planned going home outfit

Tigger Sleepsuit

:thumbup:

I have a superman sleeps from babies r us which he will be wearing home, I don't really want o dress him in outfits straight away, I'm gonna give him a day or two before I start playing dressup lol

I can't be doing with silly (IMO!) outfits. They're so much faff to put on and they never look very comfortable for baby. Loads of them have buttons on the back, or pockets or elasticated waists that can dig in or at least be bumpy to lie on. I don't like to sleep in jeans so why would baby? Baby has been naked in a warm soft place for 9 months - there's no way I'm putting her in restrictive outfits just to make her look good for photos. IMO the cutest outfit for a baby is a proper baby outfit anyway - vest and sleepsuit all the way for us!

I can't be doing with silly (IMO!) outfits. They're so much faff to put on and they never look very comfortable for baby. Loads of them have buttons on the back, or pockets or elasticated waists that can dig in or at least be bumpy to lie on. I don't like to sleep in jeans so why would baby? Baby has been naked in a warm soft place for 9 months - there's no way I'm putting her in restrictive outfits just to make her look good for photos. IMO the cutest outfit for a baby is a proper baby outfit anyway - vest and sleepsuit all the way for us!

I feel the same way baby will be coming home in a vest, sleepsuit and a cardy if colder. To be honest baby will prob be wearing sleepsuits for the first 6 weeks or so before i start even thinking about proper outfits as they look so cute and cosy as a newborn in a sleepsuit or romper.

I'm the same. As long as it's comfortable and clean it doesn't really matter to me.

I was wondering about this as I'm due in late July and we don't have A/C in the car. Can a newborn go bare-legged?

I thought about a litte all-in-one, socks, cardigan and hat, but I've no idea if that's right or not!

I have a couple nice sleep suits and a nice fleecy onesie just in case and a cute cardy. Not taking a proper outfit as its just a 10 min drive home and we won't really be stopping anywhere.

sleepsuit and vest, with hat and pramsuit, but i'll be november, with my daughter it was the same, she was in sleepsuits for about the 1st 2 months, as clothes looked so uncomfortable and it was hard enough to get hubbie used to the onesies, it would have been too much for him to handle the nappies in button popper jeans etc.

Same here. Always bring baby home in vest and all in one sleepsuit.:thumbup:

Tweedy...I know what you mean about DH and poppers! He always ends up with an "extra" one!!:haha:

outfit.jpg

Ive bought this, might fetch baby home in it, ive also got a little hat with writting on it saying " hello world"

x x x

We're having a girl- we're bringing her home all in white!
A white vest, white sleepsuit and beautiful white cardigan if it's not too hot :) - doubt it will be too hot- seems blooming freezing lately lol!

Dont know what we are having so just going for a nuetral sleepsuit and vest and probably the free hat we got with our pampers newborn set!

I dont get the whole special outfit thing either, a sleepsuit looks much more comfy! I just think of the belly button/cord area rubbing against a 2 piece.

xxx

im the opposite - i cant wait to dress baby up :) i agree about waists and things - to start with, especially with his tummy button still healing im looking for all in one outfits so we dont have an uncomfy baby.

but i dont think its a reason to not dress baby in cute, nice things (and i want lots of photos of baby in nice cute things lol). i am getting drawn mainly to little romper outfits and dungarees at the moment as they look nice (depending on what you like or buy) but also look comfy for baby :)

bring on the camera!!!! :lol:

i was going to put my little girl in a cute dress and tights but then i thoght that it wouldnt be very comfy for her so i bought a nice super cute onesie from next and a gorgeous cardi she will be so much more comfy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->