What are you doing differently this cycle??

Holliems

Reaction score
Cycle 3 TTC! High hopes!!

What, if anything, are you planning on doing differently this cycle to conceive? And if you got a BFP after trying for a while, what did you do different that cycle?

A few things Im doing differently...Preseed...Temping (to find out if I even O), Softcups and Geritol! If temping says I O and I dont end up with a BFP Im not sure where to go from there...:shrug:

What, if anything, are you planning on doing differently this cycle to conceive? And if you got a BFP after trying for a while, what did you do different that cycle?

A few things Im doing differently...Preseed...Temping (to find out if I even O), Softcups and Geritol! If temping says I O and I dont end up with a BFP Im not sure where to go from there...:shrug:

Ive been reading loads about how its more important to DTD on the days leading up to ovulation so there is already some swimmers there to meet the egg when you do ovulate.

Usually i just wait until i've got a positive OPK and then do the deed for a few days. This week we've been DTD every other day since monday hoping that I ovulated yesterday but I havent got a positive yet grrrr

Going to try for every day or every other day from today as Im hoping to ovulate today or in the next couple of days

see if this gets the BFP this month :happydance:

Ive been reading loads about how its more important to DTD on the days leading up to ovulation so there is already some swimmers there to meet the egg when you do ovulate.

Usually i just wait until i've got a positive OPK and then do the deed for a few days. This week we've been DTD every other day since monday hoping that I ovulated yesterday but I havent got a positive yet grrrr

Going to try for every day or every other day from today as Im hoping to ovulate today or in the next couple of days

I think were going to try the SMEP. Got started lastnight though :laugh2: Really hoping by temping I see that Im ovulating. If I dont end up with a BFP this month, I might give up! lol

I think were going to try the SMEP. Got started lastnight though :laugh2: Really hoping by temping I see that Im ovulating. If I dont end up with a BFP this month, I might give up! lol

whats SMEP hun?

Sperm meets egg plan. https://spermmeetseggplan.com/

This cycle, im using preseed, temping(vaginally), opks, and planned SMEP but hubby had hard time following it :dohh: We tried to BD every other day, and 3-4 days around ovulation. Oh also i sleep right after BD, without cleaning. Pretty gross! since i would always shower after, but i can do bare with it.

I am taking a low "dose" of maca. (One 500mg capsule.) I am also trying to remain calm and relaxed this cycle, and hoping that the combination of both of those will assist me in ovulating a little earlier, since I have been getting my positive OPKs around CD18.

I am taking a low "dose" of maca. (One 500mg capsule.) I am also trying to remain calm and relaxed this cycle, and hoping that the combination of both of those will assist me in ovulating a little earlier, since I have been getting my positive OPKs around CD18.

Ive been taking maca too. Started last cycle. I ended up getting a +OPK two days earlier (CD13). I also noticed that my period ran straight through, rather than skipping a day in the middle. I didnt get any O pains though...so Im not sure if I Oed? GL!

Ive been taking maca too. Started last cycle. I ended up getting a +OPK two days earlier (CD13). I also noticed that my period ran straight through, rather than skipping a day in the middle. I didnt get any O pains though...so Im not sure if I Oed? GL!

Oh cool! Glad to see someone else trying it too. How much did you take last cycle? I'm not sure if I'm even taking enough, but I don't want to change things up too much because my hormone balance is pretty fragile as it is. I started taking an activated B-complex with b-6 last month (had previously been taking activated folate and b-12 on their own) and it appeared to lengthen my LP from 11 days to 14 days. That was great, but my cycles are long enough as it is, so I'd love to shave some time off the first half of it. I have also heard some not-great things about ovulating late in your cycle, so that's a big motivator for me too.

What are your ovulation pains normally like? I used to get wicked "ovulation pains" during the middle of my cycle every month. It was pain in my lower back that lasted around 24 hours (sometimes more), occurred around CD14-CD16, and would alternate from one side to another each month. I presumed that was when I was ovulating, but after I started using OPKs I realized that the pains often were days before I would have actually ovulated. I'm thinking now that they were ovarian cysts or something. I dunno. Our bodies are confusing. :(

Oh cool! Glad to see someone else trying it too. How much did you take last cycle? I'm not sure if I'm even taking enough, but I don't want to change things up too much because my hormone balance is pretty fragile as it is. I started taking an activated B-complex with b-6 last month (had previously been taking activated folate and b-12 on their own) and it appeared to lengthen my LP from 11 days to 14 days. That was great, but my cycles are long enough as it is, so I'd love to shave some time off the first half of it. I have also heard some not-great things about ovulating late in your cycle, so that's a big motivator for me too.

What are your ovulation pains normally like? I used to get wicked "ovulation pains" during the middle of my cycle every month. It was pain in my lower back that lasted around 24 hours (sometimes more), occurred around CD14-CD16, and would alternate from one side to another each month. I presumed that was when I was ovulating, but after I started using OPKs I realized that the pains often were days before I would have actually ovulated. I'm thinking now that they were ovarian cysts or something. I dunno. Our bodies are confusing. :(

Well, normally, my boobs hurt, I start cramping and all that. I didnt at all last cycle...even when I started my period. I usually have a 30-32 day cycle and I get a +OPK around CD 15 (except for last month). I dont know how much maca Im taking. Ive been taking this vit called Femmenessencemaca and just realized it has maca in it. I guess I should have realized that as its in the name, but I didnt lol. Youre supposed to take 2 a day but I heard it can give you an upset stomach so I only take 1. I have had an upset stomach quite often since I started taking it. I didnt even start taking it to get pregnant. I just wanted my PMS bitchiness to go away :laugh2: Its BAD. It did help alittle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->