what are you doing to prepare?

cupcakekate

Cooking baby #3 :)
Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone is doing anything to prepare for TTC! I am incredibly impatient to extend our family so any tips on things I can do while I'm waiting! I've been looking at baby names- anyone doing anything baby related to pass the time!?!

I've checked out baby names but it mostly has made me feel discouraged about it that there seems to not be one name existing that fits either a boy or girl perfectly lol

I have a name list, I've picked out some bedding and color schemes, I've looked at announcements on pinterest. Right now I am trying tone up, eat healthy, and get fit by going to the gym 5 nights a week, drinking plenty of water, and taking yoga, zumba, pilates, and tai chi classes at my local gym. In all honesty though, once I do fall pregnant, I probably won't stop going to the gym. I gained 40lbs with my son that I am still struggling to lose because I was not active at all, and I'd prefer to have a fit and healthy pregnancy.

Just trying to be at my absolute healthiest ever! working out, yoga, eating well, removing toxins, etc. As far as some more fun things, i've created a pregnancy meal plan and recipe book with super healthy and fun snack/meal ideas and recipes (pinterest helps with this). knitting, reading books about child development and parenting. I have a journal of all the things i want to buy/have once baby arrives.. looking up fun pregnancy announcement ideas, getting inspiration for pregnancy photo shoots... Looking at maternity clothes... those are some of my faves. :)

Im trying to get somewhere close or better than my pre pregnancy body, I want the stretchmarks to fade so they don't become worse, I want to tone up so I don't make it twice as hard and I want to be healthy. I would love to enjoy my next pregnancy as I didn't like being pregnant last time so if my body is in great condition before hopefully it will cope better

We are moving house this weekend which i am exited about. (this was a big thing for another baby)

and i will be eating better, walking more and tracking ovulation more closely. :)

I did lots of fertility tracking so that when it comes time to TTC I can relax and have fun, as I'm the kind of person who needs to know what's happening and be in control in order to relax. So lots of time figuring out what my body is doing, reading about things I can do to make TTC easier on both of us, etc. I'm trying not to do too much nursury, names, etc. Stuff as I don't want to take away from that when I'm pregnant, plus I fear at the back of my mind if it takes us a while or I MC that I'll be even sadder if I've gone and done some of that already.

The way I plan to tell my OH is through a photo book, so that's one thing I'm doing in the meantime - putting that together. I'm also preparing some of my/our spaces in the house that I'd like to have set up baby or not, but especially before I'm pregnant. I want to do all of it myself as a distraction!

I'm trying not to drink in preparation, but also enjoying it when I do as hopefully they will be some of my last opportunities. I'm talking about it with my close friends and family in order to share in some of the anticipation.

I'm also researching what to actually do when I get that BFP as I feel I'll start freaking out if I don't know what my next steps are. (What Drs to see etc.)

And then being on here of course so I dont annoy my OH by taking his ear off about babies!!

-I went through DD's old stuff to get an idea of what we're going to need, and got rid of some of the clothes so I have room to buy new ones (if we have another girl).

-Been working on the pregnancy announcement, and got the theme figured out.

-I've kicked up my fitness routine to give my body time to adjust so I can hopefully continue to work out during pregnancy. I'm also taking a prenatal and B12 vitamin.

-I want to sew the crib set, so I've been checking out fabric, and browsing Etsy for accessories to match the theme.

At least the time is flying by! (where did February go?!)

I started a baby registry on the Wal-Mart website lmao... Just so I can bookmark the things I want and not have then just written down...

Oh and I couldn't agree on dogs names (our one dog got called 'dog' for 3 months) so we decided to start a names list. Oddly we agree on quite a few!

We are arguing about whether or not to find out gender (I don't want to know, and he can't keep a secret)

Loosing weight and keeping it off.

I've been adjusting my diet & exercise to be healthier, and will be starting a multivitamin as soon as it arrives in the mail. Also planning to start loosely charting CM and BPT next cycle.

As far as directly baby-related...Not too much, actually. Have researched childbirth a bit in the past and will probably dig that stuff up again at some point to think ahead on what I would prefer, maybe some info on breast-feeding, baby-wearing, sleeping arrangements...but mostly focussed on being physically and financially ready. And it's funny how in times past, I've been almost obsessed with collecting baby names, but now that the time is actually not that far away, I've got nothing! Guess I'll start thinking about it soon enough :)

I am getting myself really healthy and into a healthy weight range. I am also working on getting a promotion at work (but it won't delay TTC if I don't get one). I am also finishing my Masters degree (12 weeks to go!!).

Approximately 2 months before I TTC I have to go to my dr and change some medication I'm on to a pregnancy friendly version and then make sure it works. I'll probably start prenatal vitamins then too.

We moved our TTC date from August 2016 to February 2016! Although, if we do some overseas travelling in November 2015, my husband said we can start then!

At the moment though, I'm sticking with the 16 February as our official start date. Less than a year away!

https://lt3f.lilypie.com/YXJKp11.png

Just last night OH and i were making a list of what things we will need and how much it will be costing and we decided on saving money each month especially for baby things :)

I'm also in the process of adjusting my diet and exercising a bit more often to get my body in a healthy and fit state until august :) I'm not overweight and I already am quite fit, but I just want to prepare my body as good as possible.

I think for july and maybe june i will already start to use OPKs, just to check and compare to what my period tracker calculates regarding ovulation and stuff.

- stopped antidepressants in February
- stopped the pill in March
- Husband and I stopped drinking in the middle of March
- Eating healthy, exercising
- Avoiding medications and toxins
- Finishing up my dental work (last crown on April 13th)

Getting ready to TTC on April 17 :dance:

Hi Maria86 :flower:

Can I ask what you are planning to do/take in place of your antidepressants while TTC and during pregnancy? I'm not on antidepressants but I take a natural supplement to help balance my moods and I've just discovered it's potentially unsafe during pregnancy, so thinking of switching to something else beforehand.

Hi Maria86 :flower:

Can I ask what you are planning to do/take in place of your antidepressants while TTC and during pregnancy? I'm not on antidepressants but I take a natural supplement to help balance my moods and I've just discovered it's potentially unsafe during pregnancy, so thinking of switching to something else beforehand.

hi there! :flower:

I was on a low dose of Cipralex for 3 moths due to depression and eating disorders (which showed their ugly head once again), and stopped gradually. I have been fine since, but I make sure that I listen to myself, don't get stressed out, get plenty of sun and don't dwell on the negative.

Currently mostly trying to prepare by slowly making the house/our family unit as solid as possible.

I own my own 3 bedroom house, but I bought it during my third year of uni, so didn't do a full redecoration/modernising job as i should. 4 years on and now me and both my partners are in safe, permanent employment, and my second partner is looking to move in (time dependant on a couple of things), we are focusing on house repairs and trying to save.

Also, both my partners are looking into learning to drive (all in our mid 20s and never got round to it for different reasons), L for work advancement opportunities, and TG to make a commute to his current work from my house more feasible.

I would like to learn to drive but am struggling to find the time or energy right now du to having CFS and a demanding job. but am currently pushing for to get on a management program at work that would improve my maternity leave in 2 years or so by about 400% of what i would currently receive.

Also been looking at baby names, and planning general timescales around coming off the pill, commitment ceremony/name changes and what supplements/birth plan we would all like.

My main priority is losing weight. Apart from that I have quite a healthy lifestyle. Going to start taking prenatal vitamins soon and making a list of all the other things I need to consider that I've probably forgotten about 😜

The only things I'm doing really are to get back into better physical shape like I was before my first baby was born and to get to a point in my career when I can take time off again.

I'm about 10 lbs heavier than I was before I got pregnant last time, so I'd like to at least lose that and maybe a bit more. But also just get back to being much more physically fit. I found pregnancy and birth were pretty easy, but being a parent is hard, and I don't have much free time to do things like exercise as every waking minute pretty much is occupied. I used to run and I've done a couple half marathons. When I was pregnant, I was doing 15 mile hikes into the start of 3rd tri. I think that made a huge difference in how I felt and how healthy my pregnancy was, so I'd like to get back to that place before I get pregnant again. I'm starting to run again now that the weather is getting nice (though have an awful chest infection at the moment which isn't helping) and hope to run a 10 mile race in the autumn time before we start TTC. I'll also start taking the same pregnancy vitamin I did last time, probably about 4 months before.

I'm also trying to finish up a project I'm working on and complete my dissertation to get my PhD. I took a little over a year off when I had my daughter and I don't want to/can't take anymore time off. So it has to be finished before I take another maternity leave. We'll start TTC at the end of 2015/early 2016, and I'll finish in roughly July of 2016.

Oh, that and I'd love to get some more sleep (my daughter is still up several times a night) and have lots of date nights with my husband before then, because we know we won't have much time to ourselves again for awhile once we have another. Otherwise, having had one already, we really have everything we need. Most of our clothes are gender neutral anyway, so if we have a boy, we've still got plenty and I'm sure someone will give us more along the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->